Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Camtasia Studio Comression

Page: 1 of 1
 Doc Valentine
01-09-2005, 3:36 AM
Darth333, you recomended Camtasia studio for video screen capture so i suppose you know some about it. I have made the opening scene and the scroller. But hte file is 122mg and i need it smaller, do you know how i might do this?
 ChAiNz.2da
01-09-2005, 5:08 AM
Originally posted by Gsccc
Darth333, you recomended Camtasia studio for video screen capture so i suppose you know some about it. I have made the opening scene and the scroller. But hte file is 122mg and i need it smaller, do you know how i might do this?

I'll do my best impersonation of Darth333 ;) :dev11:

First, what format is your scroller movie, if it's Bink...what format was it originally (.mov, .wmv, etc.)? If you can create the scroller movie in MP4 format, then use RAD Video Tools to convert it to Bink, that should (in theory) lower the file size immensely.

As a general rule in the media world (trust me) AVI format is HUGE! Granted the quality is great...but so is the file size. MP4's can 'almost' match it, plus knock it's size down (compress) to a fraction of the size. Quicktime movies (.mov) can as well, but you tend to get interlacing problems...especially in 720x486 standard NTSC/DV video guidelines. Interlacing will kill a scroll and make it look choppy or distorted...

I'll stop now before I start getting into the 'video theory' part ;)
 tk102
01-09-2005, 5:39 AM
And I'll do my best impersonation of Prime :) :

Please use the PM system for questions directed towards a single person.
 Prime
01-09-2005, 7:19 AM
Originally posted by tk102
And I'll do my best impersonation of Prime :) :

Please use the PM system for questions directed towards a single person. http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/threadpics/prime_failed.jpg)

j/k :D But you are right. Please use a PM.
 Doc Valentine
01-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Actually i didnt use pm so that anyone else who knew could join in so that i didnt tend up with a pm: Sorry no luck. and nothing else. THanks CHaiNZ but how much compressed is a wma Mindows Media File?
 Prime
01-09-2005, 4:30 PM
Actually i didnt use pm so that anyone else who knew could join in so that i didnt tend up with a pm: Sorry no luck. and nothing else. Cool.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-09-2005, 8:11 PM
Actually i didnt use pm so that anyone else who knew could join in so that i didnt tend up with a pm: Sorry no luck. and nothing else. THanks CHaiNZ but how much compressed is a wma Mindows Media File?

oohh...ouch yeah, wmv compresses really good too. If that's your original format...I'm not sure. You could always try it in mp4 just to compare, unless of course it was a major pain in the bum making the scroll...

Although I doubt there would be too much of a difference to really tell. wmv is a very similar codec to mp4. It (wmv) was basically Media Player's answer to Quicktime's mp4...

can't they all just get along :rolleyes: ;)
Page: 1 of 1