Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Adventures of Daedalus and Icarus

Page: 1 of 1
 Holdios
01-03-2005, 5:15 PM
I'm currently bored and have nothing to do, and I just found the CD for this so...

Last year for humanities class, I made this project with fellow Nightlighters IncredibleD and BossMilky. We were supposed to take a greek myth and present it however we saw fit. We chose the myth of Daedalus and Icarus, and made it more of a spoof of the myth than anything....

I'm not really posting for criticism sake, but if you have something of that nature to say, go ahead. I'd be happy to hear it Forewarning: recording quality is not that great, and writing is a bit cheesy in spots, but it was great fun, and I think you'll enjoy having a good laugh at it.

Be warned as well... You will no doubt spot some Nightlight influence in a brief joke early on, and in one of the characters in the second half of the play. It's.... well, you'll see...

We had a time limit (8 minutes), so that's why the story just kind of trails off into hasty narration towards the end. We had a whole 'nother part written, but couldn't do it. Oh well... It still turned out quite well I think, for a school project.

Enjoy!

Retold Mythology (http://home.comcast.net/~tresamigo/daedalus.mp3)

---

Script by: Holden Wilson (Holdios)
Sound editing by: Al Goehring (Incredible D)

Characters: (In order of appearance)

Narrator: Holden Wilson
Daedalus: Holden Wilson
Talus: Al Goehring
Cop: Al Goehring
King Minos: Will Goehring (BossMilky)
Minos's Assitant: Al Goehring
Icarus: Will Goehring
Helios: Al Goehring
---
 Gabez
01-04-2005, 1:08 PM
Sounds pretty decent to me. The aucostics and sound mixing could have been better, but that's to be expected.

Overall I'd say it was excellent!
 Holdios
01-04-2005, 1:11 PM
Gabez... you have 1337 posts. You are leet my friend!

Hahaha. Thanks for the comment.
 Incredible_d
01-04-2005, 1:14 PM
Well all I had was a Microsoft Sound Recorder program and a cheap computer mic. Still I can see what you mean. It sounds like they're all inside a room.

Also the impression I did of the Nightlight character was not my best. I was quite rusty. My Christopher Walken impression was also sub-par... oh well.
 Sallim
01-04-2005, 2:02 PM
Weee what a topic, Daedalus and Icarus.
I think its not so bad, yeah it was funny at times =)

What I didnt like was the CS sounds, that really ruined me the atmosphere.

It was ok in my eyes.

sal
 Gabez
01-04-2005, 2:15 PM
Don't you mean ears? :)

Anyway, that 1337 posts thing is so cool. I should never post again, just to keep my post count perfect for all eternity.

Wait...
 Holdios
01-04-2005, 3:23 PM
Hehehe, I was wondering if anyone would notice the CS/ Half Life sounds. Damn... oh well. :D
 Sallim
01-04-2005, 3:29 PM
Yeah I meant ears, sorry.

You know guys, my english is bad.
I dont even can reply a decent comment, I dont know enough words for that.

woho its late !
 Incredible_d
01-05-2005, 5:14 PM
Actually I thought the Counterstrike sounds made it funny because they added to how hokey it was.

My big wonder is what 8 of 12 will think of it...
 MJ
01-07-2005, 2:10 AM
Pretty damn good, guys. Great voice acting, nice mixing and sound effects. Quality is a shame, but you get that.

So many cheesy jokes that I needed a cheese shovel to dig myself free, and it's nice to see Nightlight being an impression on people :)
 Incredible_d
01-07-2005, 6:13 AM
I would totally buy a cheese shovel. Totally.
Page: 1 of 1