Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help please... Working on a true White saber mod (JA)

Page: 1 of 1
 Starchaser
01-01-2005, 9:17 PM
Hey all.
I have found many white saber mods for Jedi Academy but they all give a yellow glow on walls and floors. So as i dont see these as true white sabers i am working on one myself to fix the reflective glow. I found a tutorial that allows me to do this but am stuck.

Here's here I am stuck:
And there we are! Finished with it all! Incredible! Compile your new files using the bat files included, the qvm files should be in your "code/base/vm" folder after a successful compile. Now, make sure the pk3 structure is as follows:

gfx/effects/sabers/white_glow2.jpg
gfx/effects/sabers/white_line.jpg
menu/art/saber_white.tga
menu/art/saber_white_glow.jpg
menu/art/saber_white_glow2.jpg
shaders/sabers.shader
shaders/ui.shader
vm/cgame.qvm
vm/jk2mpgame.qvm
vm/ui.qvm

Put your fresh pk3 file in your base directory. Happy sabering!

I dont know what bat files they are talking about or what proggy to use to create the .qvm files so i can finish this project.
 Prime
01-02-2005, 8:38 AM
You might get some more experienced and useful help in one of the editing forums...
 shukrallah
01-02-2005, 4:31 PM
It means you have to compile the code you just wrote.. I guess. Im sure QVM Files have something to do with coding.... ask someone like RazorAce or Wudan, they will probably know what they are talking about. As for me, I don't code, so... don't ask me. :)
Page: 1 of 1