Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Qui-gon Jin's Lightsaber

Page: 1 of 1
 T7nowhere
12-31-2004, 6:19 PM
Qui-gon Jin's Lightsaber made by Request. Download (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/10097.html)

This mod adds one new Lightsaber Hilt. You must have My Lightsaber 6 pack installed for this mod to work. Use the Computer console near the Council Chambers(on Dantooine) and ask about Advanced Lightsabers design. Choose Type 4 For this lightsaber and you will be given a new upgrade crystal, which you can use to upgrade any standard Lightsaber to this design.

*NOTE* This crystal will only work in Standard single lightsaber hilts. *To install extract the files and copy to override after you install My "lightsaber 6 pack", allow the files to overwrite. This mod is compatible with Seprithro's Weapon Pack , But must be installed after you install his mod.

Type 4 Lightsaber: This saber model is based on Qui-gon Jin's Lightsaber From Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. The Crystal properties are the same as the Standard Lightsabers accept 2 power crystals are enhanced.

Cheat code "giveitem qui_gon"
 RedHawke
12-31-2004, 6:28 PM
Very, very cool T7! :D
 FiEND_138
12-31-2004, 7:09 PM
What ^^ said.

Thanx so much for making this!!

:cheers:
 TemporaryTomato
12-31-2004, 8:46 PM
Nice saber. :saberg:
Polycount?
 T7nowhere
12-31-2004, 8:58 PM
Originally posted by TemporaryTomato
Nice saber. :saberg:
Polycount?

high, http://gallery97455.fotopic.net/p10251740.html)
 kata_mad
01-01-2005, 1:47 AM
Very Cool I was wondering if you were going to add to your collection.

Edit: For some reason no matter what i try i cannot get an icon on the Equip screen.
 svцsh
01-01-2005, 5:43 AM
Another excellent model T7 :D

great work my friend keep it up. :thumbsup:

svцsh
 TemporaryTomato
01-01-2005, 8:35 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
high, http://gallery97455.fotopic.net/p10251740.html)
Yeah, that's high. Looks good though. :rock:
 SpaceAlex
01-02-2005, 3:29 AM
Nice job.. keep them coming. :) ;)
 Lorden Darkblade
01-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Great job as usual T7 :D :D :cool:
 Mav
01-02-2005, 4:15 PM
Looks awesome T7, great job
 Darkkender
01-03-2005, 7:19 AM
WOW!!

This makes me think of lyrics from a song I think from Vertical Horizon.

"Your a God and I am not, And I just thought I'd let you know."

I think it fits with this model in addition to your previous ones and that it is made compatible with seps weapon pack.:cool:

Hey by the way T7 I've been trying to make as many of the new mods compatible as possible with the Holowan plugin for myself but if you would like them when I wrap it up soon for me and a friend I could forward it on to you for your next plugin update.
 Darth Straker
01-05-2005, 9:24 AM
COOL, lightsaber T7
 Darth-Destroyer
01-05-2005, 11:59 AM
nice lightsaber but do you have it in blue version :D
 Darth333
01-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Jeez How could I have missed that? Nice job T7! Those new models are always getting better and better :thmbup1: Excellent work!
 SpaceAlex
01-05-2005, 8:07 PM
Originally posted by Darth-Destroyer
nice lightsaber but do you have it in blue version :D

You can do it yourself. It's pretty simple.

You need KOTOR mod manager. If you don't have it you can dl it here: http://home.comcast.net/~cchargin/kotor/index.html)

- Open MDLOps, click "open" and find w_lghtsbr_072.mdl.
- select "read model" and then "Renamer".
- click on each plane and in the "new name" field type w_lsabreblue01.
- click on "write model.

That's it. :D

If you want to replace default blue lightsaber hilt with this one, just rename w_lghtsbr_072.mdl and.mdx to w_lghtsbr_001.mdl and .mdx.
 Darth-Destroyer
01-05-2005, 10:18 PM
cool thx dude :wid:
 Darkkender
01-06-2005, 3:45 AM
Originally posted by SpaceAlex
You can do it yourself. It's pretty simple.

You need KOTOR mod manager. If you don't have it you can dl it here: http://home.comcast.net/~cchargin/kotor/index.html)

- Open MDLOps, click "open" and find w_lghtsbr_072.mdl.
- select "read model" and then "Renamer".
- click on each plane and in the "new name" field type w_lsabreblue01.
- click on "write model.

That's it. :D

If you want to replace default blue lightsaber hilt with this one, just rename w_lghtsbr_072.mdl and.mdx to w_lghtsbr_001.mdl and .mdx.

:confused: :confused: KOTOR Mod Manager:confused: :confused:

You meant to say he needs mdlops downloadable from the same sight RIGHT.
 kata_mad
01-09-2005, 1:10 AM
Although this mod is mega cool, I cannot get a icon for the equip screen it just comes up as a white square. I have tried emptying the overrride folder and just installing the original mod and this extention but i still get the same result. Does anybdy know what i am doing wrong and if so how do i solve it.
 T7nowhere
01-09-2005, 2:54 AM
Originally posted by kata_mad
Although this mod is mega cool, I cannot get a icon for the equip screen it just comes up as a white square. I have tried emptying the overrride folder and just installing the original mod and this extention but i still get the same result. Does anybdy know what i am doing wrong and if so how do i solve it.

oops! :rolleyes: Sry I missed that. THe icon is now included in the zip. If you already have the mod installed then only copy this file "iw_lghtsbr_072.tga" to Override.

I updated the the mod to Qui_gon_jin_hilt_1.1.rar so be sure that you Download that File. YOu may nee to refresh the page a couple times OR clen out your web cache.

ps. Is kata_mad the only person that has used this hilt. Thanks for catching that kata_mad.
 Bobo
01-12-2005, 5:05 PM
/applaud

Qui-Gon's Lightsaber Hilt aways facinated me by its not Beautiful but Basic and Useful Design. Very nice.

Now Do Obi-Wan's! (Episode I and 2)

:rofl:

hehe niiice tho.
 Colma Adawin
01-13-2005, 6:29 AM
to be honest, i wasnt really going to try gui-gons lightsabre, but i thought, "no, i'll try it, if i dont like it, fine, i'll un-install" downloaded it, installed it, used it KILLED WITH IT!!! LOVE YOUR WEAPONRY T7!!!!! Excellent stuff, PLEASE keep them coming!!!

MattCole
 Seprithro
01-14-2005, 10:35 PM
hmmm... poly count, 1300+ very nice considering the fine details, looks great too. how did you manage only 1300 polys with all the grooves in the lower hilt? did you use the very tedious method of hand making each one, or use booleans with simple ngons? either way, awsome work, :D
 T7nowhere
01-14-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Seprithro
hmmm... poly count, 1300+ very nice considering the fine details, looks great too. how did you manage only 1300 polys with all the grooves in the lower hilt? did you use the very tedious method of hand making each one, or use booleans with simple ngons? either way, awsome work, :D

For the indents I used booleans and then cleaned up the extra junk I didn't need and the hilt started off as an 8 sided ngon. ;)
 Bobo
01-15-2005, 7:33 AM
in my opinion the top part, looks a bit too small then the movie one.

maybe you could fatten it up? make it a teeny bit larger then the rest?
 DarthVaxis
01-15-2005, 9:04 AM
No I caught it as well T7, I posted it under another thread though, the one about Luke Skywalker's robes.

P.S. I acutally don't use the .uti files much, but I *love* the models T7. I've replaced the hilts so that your models are used for the default colors as follows.

Obi-Wan's hilt = blue lightsaber
Mace Windu's hilt (for now, till a vader or dooku hilt comes out) = red lightsaber
Qui-Gon's Hilt = green lightsaber
Obi-Wan's hilt (till something else I like comes out) = yellow lightsaber
Mace Windu's hilt = violet lightsaber (using the heart of the guardian stats)
Ani-Luke's Lightsaber hilt = 'heart of the guardian' lightsaber (using mantle of the force stats) .. until another hilt I like comes along that fits with this one..
Ani-Luke's hilt = 'mantle of the force' lightsaber with t7's mace windu lightsaber stats :)

Darth Maul's hilt = red double sabers
waiting for svosh's yoda hilt for short lightsabers :)

What I'm thinking of doing is recoloring heart of the guardian to being the turquoise, and making mantle of the force a vibrant green lightsaber, would be cool to have Luke Skywalker's RotJ hilt as the Mantle of the Force lightsaber.

*sigh* I wish I was good with graphics so I could model myself :P

But I *love* what you guys are doing with the new models, it just adds flavor to the star wars environment
 mark corderoy
11-28-2006, 4:04 AM
HI I CANT DOWNLOAD 'ANY' MODS FROM
WWW.PCGAMEMODS.COM)
EVERY TIME I TRY TO OPEN THE PAGE I GET

Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [function.mysqli]: #08004Too many connections in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 22

Warning: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 28

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'DBException' with message 'Database: ' in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php:29 Stack trace: #0 /home/web/pcgm3/scripts/log.php(10): db->query('INSERT INTO pag...') #1 /home/web/pcgm3/mod.php(11): require_once('/home/web/pcgm3...') #2 thrown in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 29

Warning: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 113

SO I THINK THE SIGHT NO LONGER EXISTS!
SO I CANT GET THE QUI-GON JINN HILT, OR ANY OTHER MODS...
IS THER ANOTHER SIGHT I CAN GET HILTS FROM, ESPECIALY
OBI-WANS PHANTOM MENACE HILT!

THNKS FOR YOUR TIME.

REPLY < PM Me Instead >

Removed email address as we do not allow the posting of email addys here on the forums, please use the Private Message (PM) system instead. Thanks. -RH
 Anakin Skywalker
11-28-2006, 5:49 AM
It exists, but PCGM has been down frequently lately. We are not sure what happened to it. But their is a thread on here to which you can request it if you like..... PCGM Requests (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2218104#post2218104)

P.S. Welcome to the Dark Side my child..... your one chance at greatness lies here. (That's my way of saying 'Welcome to the Forums.' :D)
 T7nowhere
11-28-2006, 3:08 PM
There will be a download link for that model on my webspace soon.

Probably around monday.
 mark corderoy
11-30-2006, 7:24 AM
[QUOTE=T7nowhere]Qui-gon Jin's Lightsaber made by Request. Download (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/10097.html)

This mod adds one new Lightsaber Hilt. You must have My Lightsaber 6 pack installed for this mod to work.

< I HAVE THE 6-PACK FILE, BUT BECOUSE
PCGAMEMODS SITE IS CURRENTLY DOWN...
I CAN'T DOWNLOAD YOUR SABER FILE.

I HAVE A DOWNLOAD OF THE MOVIE HILTS FILE,
WHICH WORKS AND IS FANTASTIC... ONLY YOU GET
QUI-GON'S SABER HILT, BUT ONLY WITH A GUARDIAN CRYSTLE
AND YOU CANT CHANGE THE COLOUR TO GREEN, LIKE QUI-GONS COLOUR

SO IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME HOW TO CHANGE A SABER COLOUR
IN VERY VERY PLAIN ENGLISH... BECOUSE ITS HARD TO UNDERSTAND,
WHEN PEOPLE EXPLAIN HOW TO MOD! THANKS MARK.

OH P.S. IF ANY ONE HAS A FILE OR LINK TO A FILE,
FOR KOTOR 1, OF EWAN MACGREGORS PHANTOM MENACE HILT,
I'LL BE VERY GRATEFULL ITS THE BEST SABER-HILT EVER DESIGNED.
THANKS AGAIN. 'M'
 teddy3110
03-06-2007, 1:13 PM
for mark corderoy and anyone who can't find this mod on pcgamemods, here is the link:

http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/10097/Qui_gon_jin_hilt_1.1.rar)
 ArmyAJ
11-09-2010, 7:57 PM
Qui-gon Jin's Lightsaber made by Request. Download (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/10097.html)

for mark corderoy and anyone who can't find this mod on pcgamemods, here is the link:

http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/10097/Qui_gon_jin_hilt_1.1.rar)

None of the links work to download... :(
 L0rdReV@n88
11-09-2010, 8:39 PM
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Lightsaber_7_Pack;104151)

this is a link to his lightsaber pack which includes the hilt
Page: 1 of 1