Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need help finding a specific texture/model

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthVaxis
12-31-2004, 9:14 AM
I'm sorry if this is already answered elsewhere, I couldn't find it with search. Anyway, I'm looking for a way to replace the male scoundrel clothes with Han Solo's clothes from A new hope. If nobody's don'e this texture/skin before, I would be willing to try, even though I've never done any graphical modeling or skinning before. I have photoshop, and if I'm pointed the right direction I can figure it out.
The first thing that could be a big help to me is I know of a model I could base it on, in fact all I'd have to do is just reskin it, but I don't know which specific model it is. I'm not that good with kotor tool to find it. If someone could point me in the right direction to look, and tell me how I could 'preview' the models to see which one I want, that'd help out a lot.
The clothing in the game I'm looking for is the vest that the Mandalorian Merc wears in the Merc Enclave in Ahto City. I'd perhaps need to darken his vest (I think it was a grey/blue color, not black enough), and make his pants dark blue with the red stripes down the seam and I should pretty much have it (cept the holster, that I wouldn't know how to do at all)

Or, if someone agrees with me that the default scoundrel clothes are lame and that Han Solo is the real scoundrel, and already knows how to do all the graphical stuff, they can save me the time of learning and do it :P
 TemporaryTomato
12-31-2004, 9:38 AM
Good idea, but don't you think it would look too similar to the scouts clothes?
 DarthVaxis
12-31-2004, 10:28 AM
No, the scout's clothes look different, different color and texture. Besides, Solo was a scoundrel, not a scout :P Scout clothes should be like.. Camoflauge.
 TemporaryTomato
12-31-2004, 10:54 AM
I found a good reference pic.
http://www.starwars.nu/bilder/bildarkiv/wallpaper/hansolo_pc_800x600.jpg)
It could probably be accomplished with the "smuggler" model. I'm not sure if it would be possible to add the belt... I haven't played around with any body models.

:)

I'll see if I can find that model...

edit:
Found it. It's called n_smuggler.
Render of the model:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/TemporaryTomato/smuggler.jpg)
It could look pretty close with a reskin, but if it's possible to add the belt, it would be great.

Could anyone familiar with body models explain the "box man" process to me? :p
 DarthVaxis
12-31-2004, 11:05 AM
Hmm, I used N_Smuggler before in my appearances.2da just to see if it was the one I was looking for, and it looked totally wrong :/
 TemporaryTomato
12-31-2004, 11:08 AM
Screenshot? :D
 DarthVaxis
12-31-2004, 11:19 AM
Strangely now it looks right when I set it in my .2da.. now to reskin...

No clue how I'm gonna be able to do that awesome belt/holster though :P
 TemporaryTomato
12-31-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by DarthVaxis
Strangely now it looks right when I set it in my .2da.. now to reskin...

No clue how I'm gonna be able to do that awesome belt/holster though :P
If someone familiar with the "box man" stuff explains how to edit body models, I could try to make the holster/belt. :p

/Crappy modeler
Page: 1 of 1