Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lightsaber model released!

Page: 1 of 1
 TemporaryTomato
12-31-2004, 5:09 AM
*UPDATE*
Thanks to darthdisco for fixing the stupid color changing bug. Updated version uploaded. :)
It's about time I actually finished a model, eh? ;)

Replaces the Bioware saber. I know the texture is pretty crappy, but meh.

:darthxhttp://www.pcgamemods.com/9833/:darthx)
:darthxhttp://www.freewebs.com/temporarytomato/:darthx)
 Darkkender
12-31-2004, 5:16 AM
Originally posted by TemporaryTomato

I was going to upload it to PCGameMods, but decided against it after I read the file submission policy.

Soo, a crappy freewebs site will have to do.

What is wrong with the file submission policy that makes you cower away? I know they use the same Legal mumbo jumbo that "Every FREE Site Has" Not Every Site reminds you everytime you upload a file but I'm sure freewebs has simliar terms as pcgamemods.com.

Especially if this is what is hanging you up:

8. Any files uploaded to pcgamemods become property of the owner of this site and his partners.

"ALL" Websites that host files or webpages have this in there terms of service even freewebs.

FYI I like the model.
 Colma Adawin
12-31-2004, 5:16 AM
dude, thats really bad :p im kiddin, its sommit new for the game, seeing as i've got KOTOR BACK!!! YIPPEEEE!!! also, that republic uniform looks cool as well, nice hilts bud, keep tinkering with other shapes hehe

MattCole
 TemporaryTomato
12-31-2004, 5:19 AM
Originally posted by Darkkender
What is wrong with the file submission policy that makes you cower away? I know they use the same Legal mumbo jumbo that "Every FREE Site Has" Not Every Site reminds you everytime you upload a file but I'm sure freewebs has simliar terms as pcgamemods.com.

FYI I like the model.
8. Any files uploaded to pcgamemods become property of the owner of this site and his partners.

Thanks for the comments, btw. :)

edit:
http://members.freewebs.com/termsOfUse.jsp)
I don't want to turn this into a discussion about file submission policies, so I'll stop now.
 Darkkender
12-31-2004, 5:31 AM
^^^^^

Check my above Edit addition.

But "ALL" Webbased hosting sites including Freewebs have the same policy as point 8 listed on pcgamemods file submission. Once a file becomes hosted by a site it becomes there legal property for a variety of reasons. First is because they are taking the legal responsibility for your file of allowing public access to it. If there is a virus or anything like that distributed in there files they are responsible for that even if you put it there. Also in order to redistribute anything even data you must be the owner of said product. If you don't believe me go through all the fine print "Terms of Service" for any website that hosts files for you or anybody else.

*Edit* I will cease this discussion
 TemporaryTomato
12-31-2004, 5:35 AM
^^^^^

Check my above Edit addition.

But "ALL" Webbased hosting sites including Freewebs have the same policy as point 8 listed on pcgamemods file submission. Once a file becomes hosted by a site it becomes there legal property for a variety of reasons. First is because they are taking the legal responsibility for your file of allowing public access to it. If there is a virus or anything like that distributed in there files they are responsible for that even if you put it there. Also in order to redistribute anything even data you must be the owner of said product. If you don't believe me go through all the fine print "Terms of Service" for any website that hosts files for you or anybody else.
It doesn't matter, the uploading applet on Pcgamemods makes Firefox lock up. I don't think you can remove your uploaded files there either, can you?
 Darkkender
12-31-2004, 5:38 AM
I never use the java applets on websites I always use the html upload versions. Mostly cause Java is great on a UNIX based platform where it was originally wrote for on windows it has alot of problems.(Funny thing I discovered yesterday that Where I work neighbors SUN Microsystems headquarters in Hillsboro OR)
 TemporaryTomato
12-31-2004, 5:43 AM
I never use the java applets on websites I always use the html upload versions. Mostly cause Java is great on a UNIX based platform where it was originally wrote for on windows it has alot of problems.(Funny thing I discovered yesterday that Where I work neighbors SUN Microsystems headquarters in Hillsboro OR)
Is there an html upload on pcgamemods? :confused:
Tried the applet again, it actually managed to crash firefox this time.
edit:
Found it, n/m.
 Darkkender
12-31-2004, 5:48 AM
firefox is a firewall correct?

if it's a firewall aplets like to crash them especially popup window aplets.
 TemporaryTomato
12-31-2004, 5:55 AM
firefox is a firewall correct?

if it's a firewall aplets like to crash them especially popup window aplets.
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/)
I got it to work. Uploaded to pcgamemods.
 Renegade Angel
12-31-2004, 6:00 AM
That's an awsome model!
Oh yeah, Congrats Matt!
 Darkkender
12-31-2004, 6:07 AM
There's the answer right in there product description

Popup Blocking
Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker.

Privacy and Security
Built with your security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls. A comprehensive set of privacy tools keep your online activity your business.

These would be healthy reasons why the aplet is crashing firefox.
 Prime
12-31-2004, 8:35 AM
Love the saber!

I haven't really checked myself, but why are there so many model files?
 TemporaryTomato
12-31-2004, 9:34 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Love the saber!

I haven't really checked myself, but why are there so many model files?
Thanks. :)
There's one model for each saber color. They aren't that big, so it doesn't really matter.
 Prime
12-31-2004, 9:44 AM
Thanks. :)
There's one model for each saber color. They aren't that big, so it doesn't really matter. Ah, right. Thanks...
 90SK
12-31-2004, 10:30 AM
Very nice job with the model! Its a good improvment over the original.
 T7nowhere
12-31-2004, 3:19 PM
Nice. Its good to see a finnished model ;)
 TemporaryTomato
12-31-2004, 3:26 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Nice. Its good to see a finnished model ;)
Heh, thanks... I think? :p
 sith_master2000
12-31-2004, 4:35 PM
Great model TT!
 svцsh
01-01-2005, 6:53 AM
Excellent work TemporaryTomato. :emodanc: keep it up :thumbsup:

svцsh
 StoneDragon
01-01-2005, 7:37 AM
What he said^^^
 Tesla
01-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Nice.
How did you get the planes of the blade to work? , i've been trying to figure out how to get them correct instead of them only displaying one side in-game. :)
 TemporaryTomato
01-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Tesla
Nice.
How did you get the planes of the blade to work? , i've been trying to figure out how to get them correct instead of them only displaying one side in-game. :)
Latest version of mdlops, using the replacer. :)
 Lord of Banthas
01-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Great work TT! :)

I love the model! It's a great replacement for the Bioware original ones ;)
I like how you made your own design which, simple as it may be, looks extremely good ingame.

Keep up the great work! :)
 TemporaryTomato
01-03-2005, 6:53 PM
Hm, I've discovered a bug with the saber... The colors are quite unpredictable. For example, after killing Juhani she drops a red saber. I picked it up and used it together with a blue one. Result: two red sabers.

It seems to get worse when there are more sabers. The Star Forge is completely weird. One of the jedi was weilding a red saber, another one had a HoG crystal, etc...

Could it be a bug in the renamer function of mdlops, or did I do something wrong? I only changed the names of the planes.

:(
 deathdisco
01-04-2005, 5:58 PM
Hm, I've discovered a bug with the saber... The colors are quite unpredictable. For example, after killing Juhani she drops a red saber. I picked it up and used it together with a blue one. Result: two red sabers.

It seems to get worse when there are more sabers. The Star Forge is completely weird. One of the jedi was weilding a red saber, another one had a HoG crystal, etc...

Could it be a bug in the renamer function of mdlops, or did I do something wrong? I only changed the names of the planes.

:(

I haven't tried out the renamer in the new mdlops yet but....
I've had this happen before. I belive the problem was the reference to the model name in the .mdl file. Check with a hex editor, unless it is the blue saber I think there should only be one instance of w_Lghtsbr_001 for the hilt texture. The other ones are the model name. IE: w_Lghtsbr_002(red lightsaber model). I belive the references to the model must match the model name.
Sorry I don't remember all the specifics but I'm sure some one who's more familiar with the references contained within the model files can help.
 TemporaryTomato
01-04-2005, 7:27 PM
Originally posted by deathdisco
I haven't tried out the renamer in the new mdlops yet but....
I've had this happen before. I belive the problem was the reference to the model name in the .mdl file. Check with a hex editor, unless it is the blue saber I think there should only be one instance of w_Lghtsbr_001 for the hilt texture. The other ones are the model name. IE: w_Lghtsbr_002(red lightsaber model). I belive the references to the model must match the model name.
Sorry I don't remember all the specifics but I'm sure some one who's more familiar with the references contained within the model files can help.
Ah! Thank you!:guybrush:
*Starts working on Lightsaber Replacement 1.1*:saberr:

edit:
Okay, that didn't work. All the files only have one Lghtsbr_001...
 deathdisco
01-05-2005, 3:41 PM
Ah! Thank you!:guybrush:
*Starts working on Lightsaber Replacement 1.1*:saberr:

edit:
Okay, that didn't work. All the files only have one Lghtsbr_001...

:confused:
Are you sure? I just looked at all of the .mdl's in my hex-editor. All of them have multiple references to w_Lghtsbr_001.

EDIT: TemporaryTomato check your PMs
 TemporaryTomato
01-21-2005, 11:05 PM
*Bumps thread*
Sorry for taking so long to update this, been busy with other stuff.

http://www.freewebs.com/temporarytomato/)
http://www.pcgamemods.com/9833/)

Like it says on the site, I was planning to release inventory icons with this update, but I lost the psd file for them. Gonna remake it when I have time.
Page: 1 of 1