Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Battle animation during dialog

Page: 1 of 1
 Xavier2
12-30-2004, 6:30 PM
I was looking to make a fight animation between 2 npcs during dialog, just like jedi Elina's fight in the Endar Spire or the Dark Jedi vs Jedi in the star forge deck 1.

I noticed the above scenes use dialog branches to fire scripts that i believe are responsable for the fight animations.

Does any one knows how are such scripts sintax?
 Darth333
01-01-2005, 4:25 AM
It depends what you want to do exactly. Here are some examples:

This was a script made by tk102 where Trask shoots you during a convo:
(for the animations numbers (217), refer to animations.2da)

void main()
{
object oTrask=GetObjectByTag("end_trask");
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
ActionPauseConversation();
AssignCommand(oTrask,CutsceneAttack(oPC,217,1,10)) ;
DelayCommand(5.0,ActionResumeConversation());
}

This is the script I used in another mod where the pc uses lightning on a Sith trooper:

void main() {
object oPC=GetPCSpeaker();
effect eDamage= EffectDamage(20, DAMAGE_TYPE_DARK_SIDE, DAMAGE_POWER_PLUS_FIVE);
AssignCommand(oPC, ActionCastFakeSpellAtObject(FORCE_POWER_LIGHTNING, OBJECT_SELF));
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, EffectVisualEffect(VFX_PRO_LIGHTNING_L), OBJECT_SELF);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, eDamage, OBJECT_SELF);
ActionPlayAnimation(ANIMATION_LOOPING_DEAD, 1.0, 5.0); ActionResumeConversation();
}

And finally, you can change faction ID to prey (12) and predator (11) so that each npc attacks each other. If you want a perpetual fight animation, you can change the faction ID in the .utc file. (Don't forget to put min 1hp :D )

object oNPC1=GetObjectByTag("npc_tag");
object oNPC2=GetObjectByTag("npc_tag");
ChangeToStandardFaction(oNPC1, 12);
ChangeToStandardFaction(oNPC2, 11);
 Doom_Dealer
01-01-2005, 4:48 AM
:eek: wow i was actually closer than i thought when i was trying to work this out, anyway cheers Darth333, this is going to be a great help.

Are you actually human or just some computer full of scripting knowledge? :p

so if i wanted to have to npcs fighting this would work, right?::

void main() {
object oNPCa=GetObjectByTag("darkjedi");
object oNPCb=GetObjectByTag("jedi");
AssignCommand(oNPCa,CutsceneAttack(oNPCb,217,1,10) )
;
}
 Darth333
01-01-2005, 4:59 AM
Originally posted by Doom_Dealer

Are you actually human or just some computer full of scripting knowledge? :p
I'm just human. The computer with full of scripting knowledge would be tk102 :D (j/k tk ;) )

so if i wanted to have to npcs fighting this would work, right?::

void main() {
object oNPCa=GetObjectByTag("darkjedi");
object oNPCb=GetObjectByTag("jedi");
AssignCommand(oNPCa,CutsceneAttack(oNPCb,217,1,10) )
;
}

I never tried but looks good to me. Just make sure there are no obstables between the two npcs (such as a placeable table) or they won't fight.

Note: you can also use the DelayCommand function with the other scripts, to change the faction after a certain time. There are multiple possibilities. You can also use the On Damaged flag and have a fight where your NPCs will fight until their health drops at a certain point.
 StormTrooper789
01-04-2005, 8:45 AM
I think this thread should go into the list of Do you Want to mod SW-KotOR? Then Start here.Mod Tutorials! thread. I think this has been very helpful.
 Xavier2
01-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
[B]Note: you can also use the DelayCommand function with the other scripts, to change the faction after a certain time. There are multiple possibilities. You can also use the On Damaged flag and have a fight where your NPCs will fight until their health drops at a certain point.
That one sounds pretty interesting...How the sintax should look like if i wanted one of them to run cowardly after take too much damage (health droped to a certain level)?
 tk102
01-04-2005, 11:41 AM
You've done the Talk-Fight-Talk sequence right Xavier2? Well instead of resuming the conversation you'd use ActionForceMoveToLocation or a similar function with the bRun parameter set to true. Then use the DestroyObject function to make the NPC disappear off in the distance.
Page: 1 of 1