Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who would win? Yoda vs. Palpatine! *use spoiler tags where appropriate*

Page: 2 of 2
 dark jedi 8
03-16-2005, 11:55 PM
maybe not strength as much as finess and agility... 2 qualities that i believe were enhanced by the use of the force. a good fighter does not need strength to win, sure it may help but in yoda's case it was not a necessity. anyway i couldn't say who would win b/c there are just not enough facts and too many what if's and suppose's.
 jedispy
03-17-2005, 2:25 AM
Yoda was knocking back Dooku in the duel in AOTC. That sounds pretty strong to me. How about jumping around like he did? Can you jump 3-4 times your height in a vertical jump? No mere human can. The force enhances one's abilities. Force jump is not a levitation trick. It is an enhancement on one's ability to jump, thus making their jumping muscles stronger. If it didn't make his strikes stronger, then every hit would end in a saber lock. That however only happens with one hit. Dooku was outmatched.

The reason I say 3 instead of 6, is that being alone in a swamp seems to cause him to lose it a bit.

Whoa whoa whoa. Yoda in Ep 6 vs. Emperor P in Ep6? That's a joke. Yeah Yoda had to use a cane....but so did the Emperor.

The winner of that duel would be who lasts the longest without falling and breaking their hip, or having a heart attack.

Luke: You failed your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me!

Emperor: D@mn Jedi whipper snapper!! Didn't your father ever teach you to respect your Sith elders!!

Yoda: You check your blood sugar and you check it often!! There's no reason not to!!
 Shok_Tinoktin
03-17-2005, 2:43 AM
Originally posted by jedispy
Whoa whoa whoa. Yoda in Ep 6 vs. Emperor P in Ep6? That's a joke. Yeah Yoda had to use a cane....but so did the Emperor.

No, no, no. Thats not what I'm saying. I just meant that I suspect Yoda was more capable in episode 3 then episode 5 (6 was a typo). I didn't mean it to be relative to Palpatine. It seems that being in a swamp away from people was causing him to lose his mind a bit. My reason for this, is the wacky, crazy Yoda we see at the beginning of ep 5.

Of course, this is all just speculation and supposition, there is very little to go off of.
 jedispy
03-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Ah I see. Point understood. Still it would be a funny duel.
 Godzilla Master
04-10-2005, 5:24 PM
Well in EP3 Yoda does lose to Palpatine in Coruscant
 scout_zero
04-21-2005, 12:40 PM
:yoda:, because :yoda: can do all these flips.
 Konar
05-13-2005, 4:26 AM
I reckon Palpatine because he caused Yoda to flee to the Dagobah system. That little green dude is scared of practically nothing so if the presence of Palpatine unhinges him, so too will Palpatine destroy him.
 Samurai DD
05-19-2005, 9:00 PM
Now that Ive seen Ep. III, Id say Palpatine would win by a thin margin.
 Jan Gaarni
05-20-2005, 11:10 AM
I don't know.
After seeing RotS I'd say it's a tie. Neither were able to kill the other really, atleast not in that fight.
 Konar
05-24-2005, 7:24 AM
Originally posted by scout_zero
:yoda:, because :yoda: can do all these flips.

...but :emperor: can do just as many flips. Watch Ep III again if you disagree...
 Darth_Monkey11
08-21-2005, 6:34 PM
yoda,i think this should be in the eposide 3 fourm
 Leviathan
08-30-2005, 10:11 AM
It shouldn't... It must be moved in the right place...
Page: 2 of 2