Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Glowing lights

Page: 1 of 1
 Y4mama
12-28-2004, 8:11 AM
I've always wanted to make neon glowing armors, like the exoskeleton do somebody know how to?

Think for yourself, a man in the bandon model robes (retextured white) with small neon lights glowing on the armor

Like when you start a new game and the first scene when the char is asleep and wakes upp, the whole room is like some kind of neon light all over the walls and corridors, what if you could make an armor like that...or is it just to brighten the textures in some strange kinda way? reply to me rapidly please, and as always exuse my not very well english
 svцsh
12-28-2004, 12:32 PM
Here is how to do what you want ;)

Make a new file in notepad inside it copy what I have writen here between the dotted lines
---------------------------------------------
envmaptexture CM_Bright
---------------------------------------------

Name the file the same name as your texture. But it must have .txi for the file extension

so ex: N_DarthBand01.tga N_DarthBand01.txi

Now the way this works is this .. any where you have glow on your skin it must be dark on the alpha channel,

**I’m not sure of this part maybe someone could confirm **.. you may have to change the envmap colum for bandons robes in appearance.2da from DEFAULT or CM_Barmetal to CM_Bright

To create the alpha channel easily make all your glow on 1 new layer.
Ctrl + left click the thumbnail of the layer you have glow on to select it .
Go to selection menu > on top choose save selection and hit ok in the next popup box.
Now you have an inverted alpha channel that must be all white and the part you want glowing has to be black so … go to the channels tab below the layers tab in the same Pallet and click the new alpha channel so it becomes the active channel. Now hit Ctrl + i this will invert your channel to what you want now the last thing to do is delete the alpha that was in bandons original so click drag and drop this in the little garbage can at the bottom of the channels pallet
The Last thing make sure your channel is named Alpha 1

Now File > save as at 32 bit .tga and drop both of these, the tga and corresponding .txi in to override and give it a go ;)

You see most of the Glowing models like lights and light boxes have the self illumination set on the model in the parameters of the Aurora trimesh in 3d

Take the vacuum mask for example it’s made in 2 seperated parts one part the T – shaped visor uses 100 % self illumination when the rest of the mask uses default metal shader type settings and no self illumination at all

Hope this helps

svцsh
 Y4mama
12-29-2004, 1:38 AM
Sorry to bother you but ****!, i mean like the exoskeleton, and like your mask force of the light or smth like that like that i want it to glow!
 ChAiNz.2da
12-29-2004, 1:48 AM
Originally posted by Y4mama
Sorry to bother you but ****!, i mean like the exoskeleton, and like your mask force of the light or smth like that like that i want it to glow!

:confused: svцsh just explained step-by-step how to make items glow, what part are you confused on?

Trust me, if you follow these steps (copy them to notepad) while you have Photoshop & your item open, it'll make much more sense.
 Y4mama
12-29-2004, 3:04 AM
Yeah, sorry but i need avery quick anwer to this one, When i open my appearence.2da its just full of player model stats where do i find the armor model stats and stuff, how do i do?? cuz i know there is like PMBH02 etc but the bandon model texture is
PMBJ04!
and that doesnt compute with the list!!
and i have used the apperence.2da in my override dir and i have used the mod correctly
 TemporaryTomato
12-29-2004, 3:12 AM
Originally posted by Y4mama
Yeah, sorry but i need avery quick anwer to this one, When i open my appearence.2da its just full of player model stats where do i find the armor model stats and stuff, how do i do?? cuz i know there is like PMBH02 etc but the bandon model texture is
PMBJ04!
and that doesnt compute with the list!!
and i have used the apperence.2da in my override dir and i have used the mod correctly
You make no sense...:confused:
Vad har du problem med? :p
 Doom_Dealer
12-29-2004, 7:25 AM
There is no 'quick answer', modding takes time, get used to it.

AS said, follow what svosh said step by step, but just use the textures of the exoskeleten instead of the ones svosh used as an example.
Page: 1 of 1