Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Boba Fett's jetpack

Page: 1 of 1
 TK-425
12-24-2004, 4:09 PM
I have a question, how does Fetts pack work? Is it long range? Or more of a hyped up booster pack?
 Pho3nix
12-25-2004, 9:29 AM
All i know is that it's not that far-ranged. Maybe it can only have short bursts, like the Jet-Trooper.
 pnkparasite
01-03-2005, 3:03 PM
It's Probably just a regular jet pack used by an important guy so it seems to be better. Thats just my guess though don't depend on it.
 Evil Dark Jedi
01-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Its like the jet-troopers jetpack. Only bursts that let you fly across a distance. ;)
 guybroom
01-10-2005, 9:39 AM
Has anyone played JA? There's a level where you fight boba fett and he doesn't fly very far or for a long time. So I think this agrees with what you are saying about the short range thing.
 TK-425
01-10-2005, 12:33 PM
I have played JA. Although, you cant always trust raven software to do everything accurately. Also you have to consider the limitations of the map he's flying around in.
 TK-425
01-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Also, I have a question about your signature. What brains?
 shukrallah
02-20-2005, 4:40 PM
Jango seemed to be able to fly well, and to anywhere he wanted without limitations. Of course no ones going to fly constantly, it would be tough to aim, not to mention fuel consumption.

I think hes got a jetpack like Jango, he just didn't really need it in the movies.
 Kurgan
02-20-2005, 4:52 PM
Well the thing to keep in mind is that SWBF, JA, et al, are games, and in games statistics are manipulated for the sake of challenge/balance. Ie: "realism" is sacrificed.

So it's not like Raven Software or Pandemic Studies are being dishonest, they're simply allowed to "bend reality" as it were for the sake of game mechanics, like any other game makers. So I'd look to the movies for your info if you're interested.
 dannydoo
11-22-2006, 2:36 AM
I would have to say its based on a jet propelled engine burning nitro methane or similiar.based on how much fuel is carried would determine distance.
But assuming these advanced times...They could be using antimatter fuels like the spaceships that landed on our planet and were trying to duplicate.
Too bad its talking 8yrs already and all they have is 1/2 of a molecule so far.
And thats after running these molecules thru miles of magnetic atom splitting tunnels and filters watercoolers etc etc for those 8years 24hrs a day.

1 atom of antimatter is equivelint to 3 nuclear bombs in energy.Do a search for antimatter and youll be amazed.
I believe that fetts jet pack would take him plenty far,and he must have had sometype of computer controlled guidance system to help steer maybe in his helmet.Like a heads up display maybe.
Kinda like a missle,it finds its destination and gets there.

Do a search on jet engines,they make them for remote control airplanes.I have seeen go carts and drag cars with many assorted types.

The unrealistic part is how to steer it and control stopping.
You can find video on jet packs that were already tried and tested.If your crafty enough
 Prime
11-22-2006, 9:47 AM
I always wondered why he needed a jetpack at all. Why not just use a repuslorlift like everything else? We know they can be small enough, and it seems there would be no detrimental effects from being strapped to one.

Just seems to be a much "cleaner" solution (no thrust exhaust, etc.) for moving through the air...

Thoughts?
 PoiuyWired
11-22-2006, 11:30 AM
I think maybe the jetpack have better speed and reaction time. That, and it can work well as a weapon if needed. Well, and I guess it might give a better chance of escape in case you got swallowed alive by a big monster.
Page: 1 of 1