Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Player ranks

Page: 1 of 1
 kf6dbs
04-20-2000, 7:25 PM
I am currently on TOD Mustering the Fleet

I happen to notice that my pilot is still a Flight Officer. I have beaten all the missions up to this point ('cept the Superiority Training which I chickened out on.) and have destroyed just about everything in the Combat Simulators (Single player only).

I have the sneaking suspicion that rank can be achieved somehow but don't know what causes rank to go up. I do not have the manual since I got the game used (it came with the Prima Guide instead). Let me know if anyone can help me with this question.
 Tomcat
04-20-2000, 7:41 PM
You can find a list on how to achieve rank at
the Lucasarts website under tech support. You get promoted by acheiving a certain amount of points in the tour missions. The simulator has no bearing on rank, it only affects pilot level(i.e. ace)
 Primarch
04-20-2000, 7:51 PM
Here is a simple tactic to improve your rank -

<FONT SIZE=4>KILL, KILL, KILL</FONT>

Don't let anything survive...Capital Ships, Stations, Fighters, Transports, Escape Pods and even ejected pilots...KILL'EM ALL...the more you kill, the more points you earn, the higher your rank...

------------------
'If the enemy is in range, so are you...'

Wing Commander - Secret Ops Missions (http://saturn.spaceports.com/~wcsom/index.html)
The Fanfiction Archives (http://phobos.spaceports.com/~archives/)
 K_Kinnison
04-20-2000, 8:11 PM
It also helps if you are not on the easy level, and you do not use invunerablity, or unlimited Ammo
 Young Yoda
04-20-2000, 9:35 PM
Yeah!

And make sure no fighter or/and tranports escape back to it command ship's hanger. Also stop any ships from escape into hyperspace, so if you see any escaping ship, STOP THEM! Also, make sure to kill Escape pod ejected from damaged starship before it got away! Kill them some or all!

See ya,

May be force with you!-
Page: 1 of 1