Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dumb Question

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Massacator
04-14-2000, 5:35 PM
Is it possible when you join a game at MS Zone, that the player hosting can change your settings such as your joystick without your knowledge?
I played last night and I haven't changed my stick settings since I installed the game. Then when I joined up in a game last night, all of the sudden, I couldn't fire. When the game was over, I checked my settings, and my fire button changed to "Target CMD."
 Keyan Farlander
04-14-2000, 6:08 PM
It isn't a feature in the game, if that's what you mean.

------------------
Keyan Farlander

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers."
- Bill Gates
 Darth Massacator
04-14-2000, 10:23 PM
Well, what I meant is, is there some known way a host-server can hack into your config?
It's just so weird that it happened 'cuz I've had the game on my HD since the day it came out and I'm puzzled as to why it freaked out on me last night.
 Sammer
04-16-2000, 1:05 PM
Usually I go crazy punching all the keys on my keyboard and joystick trying to find the fire if that happens.

-Sammer
 elusive
04-20-2000, 2:15 PM
Ummmmmmmmm !!!! I have'nt heard of that before and would be alot a trouble to go thru just to win a game. Well try this Darth, try to play the same person again that hosted before "if" you remember there name. And see if you have the same problem. Then go to another host and see if the problem go's away. If it go's away then you might be getting hacked. If you have the same problem, the problem will be at your end.

I play alot on the ZONE and have never experienced this.....YET. Also don't forget to report this to the ZONE lords. They might have an answer. You know MS dos'nt take to hakers very well.

Good luck and let us know what you find. There are alot of on-line gamer here and we could get the word out fast "if" you were hacked.

------------------
"....it's hanus out there baby...that's anus with a H.."
Page: 1 of 1