Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR2 Blackscreen of Death:[ [Minor Spoiler]

Page: 1 of 1
 Volrath
12-19-2004, 7:06 PM
This might be alittle spoiler so if you havent got to dantooine(SP?)dont look below

Okay, well Ive got to the part to where the mercenaries attack the Dantooine Administator base, well whenever the cutscene goes through and after the load is finished it automaticly blackscreens on me and I don't have anyclue why it is doing this...I had just bought this game and the disc clearly has no scratches on it...any clue what to do..? is this mission even required to do??? because ive been stuck on this for some time so i went to the other planets and did them and now im pretty much stuck...
 Bob Gnarly
12-20-2004, 7:12 AM
I have the same problem, after i finished Dantooine, i went to train Handmaiden as my apprentice, but after Kriea says ::Betrayl:: it turns black and i cant see a thing, i can hear my character turn his saber on and off and i can pause it to reload but othe rthen that it goes all black and i cant see anything, anyone know whats up? maybe its not the right time for it?
 Darth333
12-20-2004, 7:18 AM
From what I have seen, it seems to be an issue with loading times. It occurs mostly on modded xbox but also with some older xbox.
 Volrath
12-20-2004, 8:01 AM
yes, my xbox is old but it isn't modded. Is this quest required for the game...obvious answer is yes though probably..
 Darth333
12-20-2004, 8:40 AM
That part is essential. Try reloading a previou ssavegame. I recommend Keeping a rotation of 10-15 saves in case something happens.
 Bob Gnarly
12-20-2004, 10:59 AM
my xbox isnt modded and it might be old, it IS preowned.

hmmm ive been trying this ever since nar shadda and now im on Oderon, no success.
 Darth333
12-20-2004, 11:01 AM
Try a good cleanup of your xbox.
 Volrath
12-20-2004, 2:14 PM
god i can't wait for PC KOTOR2..
 Bob Gnarly
12-21-2004, 4:47 AM
allll right, i found a fix, its actually quite simple.

When this happens try to get the pause menu so your able to save then save your game in a new slot (while its black) and turn off your xbox let it rest or dont, i dont care, then start the saved file again, it should have video and and audio now.

...do you REALLY think theyre spending the 2 month fixing stuff, i mean its most likely the 2 month are just lucasarts handed it to a third party to convert it to PC.
 Volrath
12-22-2004, 12:00 PM
save master Vrook quest was obviosley screwed up and there was no way i could start over so i started a new game, already played it through and got done. the black screen was the cause of Azkul or whatever not being in the Administrator building because of Vrook not coming out of his cell due to the damn glitch . :rolleyes:
Page: 1 of 1