Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Questions.

Page: 1 of 1
 Zanba
12-19-2004, 12:51 PM
I need help I have searched for guides to retexture things but I am having trouble finding a step by step walkthrough including any example that could tell me what files to extract and then tell me how to retexture them that I could test before i tried other things.
 Renegade Angel
12-19-2004, 12:54 PM
 Zanba
12-19-2004, 12:58 PM
But It doesnt tell me what to open or anything like that. It would be really helpful if the step by step for a white saber blade told me what to extract or write or open.
 ChAiNz.2da
12-19-2004, 1:02 PM
PrtyLizardJedi created a very detailed tutorial on retexturing (with pics...ooooooo). Check out his site, the tutorial is towards the bottom of the page:

http://www.freewebs.com/myzips/)

::EDIT::
oops! you wanted a lightsaber tutorial? Then check out Achilles' "Making a Custom Lightsaber" tutorial:

http://www.freewebs.com/achilles01/tutorialsreferences.htm)

It gives you a rundown on making a custom lightsaber, to which you can apply a silvery texture (would be unique lightsaber). OR if you only want to change a blade color

Open Kotor Tool and expand the following tree:
ERF's > TexturePacks > swpc_tex_tpa.erf > W

Scroll down and locate the files: w_lsabreblue01, w_lsabregold01, w_lsabregren01, w_lsabrepurp01, w_lsabrered01, w_lsabreturq01, w_lsabreyel01 tpc files.

Double-Click on each color (or the particular color you want to replace)

In the window that opens, you'll see a pic of the color texture. Click the "Write File" button and choose a directory to place the file (don't choose your override folder....for now)

Next, to the bottom left there's a white window with the entry "blending additive...decal 1". Highlight and copy this text (Ctrl+C).

Open Notepad, create a new document and paste (Ctrl+V). Make sure that "blending additive" and "decal 1" are on seperate lines and that there are no spaces after each line...or below).

Save the file as "w_lsabrexxx01.txi" replacing the x's with the particualr color you're replacing. Make doubly sure the file has a ".txi" extension and NOT ".txt"

Now, goto the directory where you saved the .tga files (when you clicked "Write File". And open the particular color .tga you want replaced in a graphic editing program (Photoshop, PaintShopPro, Gimp, etc...)

Now you can re-texture the said file to the color you want. It would probably be easier for you to just adjust the Hue, Saturation and Lightness, but I'm not sure how well "white" is going to work out. Your Alpha Channel is set to white...so you may have to make your saber "off-white" or have a "grayish" tone.

Once done, Save your re-textured .tga file, using either the same filename or with the filename of the color you want to replace (ie - w_lsabregren01.tga) Make sure your .txi file has the same name as your .tga file!

Drop the files (.tga & .txi) into your override and voila! New saber color :)

** Note - the above method will replace ALL sabers of the original color, so if you edited the green saber texture, ALL green sabers are going to be white...

OR, finally...you can do it the REALLY easy way :rolleyes:
http://pcgamemods.com/7240/)

Have I confused you yet? ;) Let us know your progress!
 Zanba
12-19-2004, 2:39 PM
Thanks for the info. The link and the post really helped.
Page: 1 of 1