Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I got a problem...

Page: 1 of 1
 Fearless_Jedi
12-14-2004, 1:54 PM
I have been trying to put together a little mod that allows players to wear the dark jedi robes the Sith Governor wears without having to use a disquise that replaces the head you chose. Not to mention make people be able to use the white robes seen throughout the game.

Right now I am stuck, I need to know if it is possible to change the properties of an item or to possibly make a script that allows the body model of the PC to change when a certain item is equiped.

If anyone knows how to do this then please reply!
 Fearless_Jedi
12-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Does no one know? I just need to be able to change which model a certain item uses!
 RedHawke
12-15-2004, 7:56 PM
Just be patient padawan, help is on the way. ;)

Actually what you would have to do is an appearance.2da edit, you could either use the Revan robe (modelj and texj cells) or Jedi Robe (modeli and texi cells) slot and change all the Male PC lines to the N_SithAppren model. You could even make it the clothes slot, (modelb and texb cells) but that is kind of lame IMHO.

What you are attempting is similar to the several Mods that allow the Male PC's to wear Darth Bandon's Robes (Using the Revan Robes Slot, modelj and texj cells). Those Mods are available here. :D (http://www.pcgamemods.com/6/) (Mono_Giganto, and HULAS, that I recall)

I also did something similar to this in my Make Canderous a Dark Jedi Mod. (http://www.pcgamemods.com/7704/) Though I made textures using that N_SithAppren model for all my Revan style robes I had made in the past for Canderous to wear. It is also easy to add that body model to your Male PC in appearance.2da... and that is just what you wanted right? :D Using the Male PC Revan Robes Slot in appearance.2da, the modelj and texj cells change all the Male PC, lines 136-180 if I recall, to N_DarthCand save the appearance.2da to your override, copy all the N_DarthCand files from my MCaDJ mod to your override and you should be good to go. :D

Or.. if editing a 2da file makes you nervous... you could do the following;

1. With Fred Tetra's KOTOR Tool, go in and extract the following files N_SithAppren.mdl, N_SithAppren.mdx, N_SithAppren01.tga, and N_DarthBand01.tga.

2. Rename 3 copies of the N_SithAppren.mdl to PMBJS.mdl, PMBJM.mdl, and PMBJL.mdl and 3 copies of the N_SithAppren.mdx to PMBJS.mdx, PMBJM.mdx, and PMBJL.mdx.

3. Rename the N_SithAppren01.tga to PMBJ02.tga and N_DarthBand01.tga to PMBJ01.tga.

4. Place the 8 renamed files into override. And you should be done. Go into the game put on Revans or the Forge Robes and see. ;)

This will make it so that when you wear Darth Revan's Robes you will look like Darth Bandon's Armor, and when you wear the Star Forge Robes you will look like the Sith Governor's Robes.

I hope this helps! :D

EDIT: Thanks to Xavier2, corrected a mistake in step 2, as you will have to rename 3 copies of the .mdl and .mdx files.

EDIT 2: I just re-tested this and it worked like a charm... For Males only, it does mess up the Revan Robes on Females. Such is the price for "the quick and easy path." :D
 Fearless_Jedi
12-16-2004, 5:11 AM
AWESOME!!!! Thank You So Much!!!

RedHawk Rules!!!!
 Xavier2
12-16-2004, 5:48 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
1. With Fred Tetra's KOTOR Tool, go in and extract the following files N_SithAppren.mdl, N_SithAppren.mdx, N_SithAppren01.tga, and N_DarthBand01.tga.

2. Rename the N_SithAppren.mdl to PMBJ.mdl and the N_SithAppren.mdx to PMBJ.mdx

3. Rename the N_SithAppren01.tga to PMBJ02.tga and N_DarthBand01.tga to PMBJ01.tga.

4. Place the 4 renamed files into override. And you should be done. Go into the game put on Revans or the Forge Robes and see. ;)

This will make it so that when you wear Darth Revan's Robes you will look like Darth Bandon's Armor, and when you wear the Star Forge Robes you will look like the Sith Governor's Robes.

I hope this helps! :D
I am not sure if it will work Redhawke. The N_SithAppren.mdl model has the N_SithAppren01.tga writen inside its code. Only renaming the models and textures won't do the trick. A hex editing will be needed in this case. Besides there is no PMBJ model, they are either PMBJS, the shorter one (scoundrel), PMBJM (scout) and PMBJL, the larger one (soldier).

Since the PMBJX has only five characters (P,M,B,J and S/M/L, ...duuhhh :p) and N_SithAppren has 12, you will need to replace the other 7 characters for a blank slot.

The other problem would be that the model is PMBJwhatever but the texture is PMBJ, because it is the same for the 3 sizes.

This last detail would make it bit complicated to what it is intended. So the appearance.2da editing you sugested first would be more simple and effective.

Hope it helps too.:D
 PoM
12-16-2004, 6:49 AM
Uh? Lol, i've not heard of that mod either
I was actually searching for something like that.

Originally posted by Fearless_Jedi
AWESOME!!!! Thank You So Much!!!

RedHawk Rules!!!!
...Lets start a RedHawke fanclub!
:D ;) :p

Edit: Didn't think of starting to look at pcgamemods..:o
Thanks for reminding me, Redhawke!:D
 RedHawke
12-16-2004, 6:05 PM
I am really sorry about this Xavier2 but all you caught me in was forgetting the L, M, or S on the end of the model name and renaming the file for each... as far as the rest goes... In actuality you are in error.

[Emperor Palapatine] About a great many things! [/Emperor Palapatine]

:emperor:
Originally posted by Xavier2
I am not sure if it will work Redhawke. The N_SithAppren.mdl model has the N_SithAppren01.tga writen inside its code. Only renaming the models and textures won't do the trick.
Yes it will work... as My Bastilas Clothes for Female PC's (http://www.pcgamemods.com/7833/) and Jolee's Clothes for Male PC (http://www.pcgamemods.com/7867/) mods do something similar to what I said above... and I don't recall hexediting anything in the models, just renaming them and the textures and letting appearance.2da do its job.
A hex editing will be needed in this case. Besides there is no PMBJ model, they are either PMBJS, the shorter one (scoundrel), PMBJM (scout) and PMBJL, the larger one (soldier).

Since the PMBJX has only five characters (P,M,B,J and S/M/L, ...duuhhh :p) and N_SithAppren has 12, you will need to replace the other 7 characters for a blank slot.
You are incorrect on the need for hex editing, it is required with weapons and masks but it isn't really required with body models, the texture used for the body model, the one in the model itself, is actually overrided by the one listed in the tex cell in appearance.2da for that body model.

You can test this by doing something like this... put N_SithAppren in Canderous' Revan Robe model cell in appearance.2da, leave the texture as PMBJ go in the game put revans robes on Canderous and he should have the Sith Master Model and because appearance.2da overrides the body model he should have a very mixed up Revans robe texture on him.

You cave me a "...duuhhh :p" So I have to say DOH!!! right back at ya' :D
The other problem would be that the model is PMBJwhatever but the texture is PMBJ, because it is the same for the 3 sizes.
The same is applicable with all the other PC body models, they all share textures between the different S, M, and L sizes??? :confused:

Where's the problem??? :eyeraise:
This last detail would make it bit complicated to what it is intended. So the appearance.2da editing you sugested first would be more simple and effective.
Actually, I have found that more people are intimidated by editing a 2da file.

Simply renaming filenames is something that is far less intimidating for novice modders. :D
Hope it helps too.:D
It did... you pointed out my model typo in my instructions, I was typing it out fast and forgot the extra sizes. :p

Xavier2, no offence whatsoever was intended with this post. :D
 Xavier2
12-16-2004, 7:00 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
You are incorrect on the need for hex editing, it is required with weapons and masks but it isn't really required with body models, the texture used for the body model, the one in the model itself, is actually overrided by the one listed in the tex cell in appearance.2da for that body model.

You can test this by doing something like this... put N_SithAppren in Canderous' Revan Robe model cell in appearance.2da, leave the texture as PMBJ go in the game put revans robes on Canderous and he should have the Sith Master Model and because appearance.2da overrides the body model he should have a very mixed up Revans robe texture on him.
Well, i tried renaming models and textures before and it didn't worked for me, but maybe we are talking about diferent situations. In any event if the person who started the thread has succeed, then that's what matters the most.

You cave me a "...duuhhh :p" So I have to say DOH!!! right back at ya' :D
humm...Comunication with writen words is always a bit imcomplete. The "duuuhhh" was not directed to you, but rather to the fact i overexplained the number of characters in PMBJ. The only dumb thing implied here is my overexplain. no offence whatsoever was intended towards you.

The same is applicable with all the other PC body models, they all share textures between the different S, M, and L sizes??? :confused:

Where's the problem??? :eyeraise:
Actually, assuming the hex editing would be the way to work it out, i was just stating it would be more complicated to replace PMBJX(model) and PMBJ01(texture) within the .mdl file. It took me a long time to do the same sort of thing with the Clone Trooper mod.

Actually, I have found that more people are intimidated by editing a 2da file.

Simply renaming filenames is something that is far less intimidating for novice modders. :D
Agreed. It never worked for me though. That is why i've writen the post.

Xavier2, no offence whatsoever was intended with this post. :D [/B]
None taken. Although my post turned out to be confused. My intentions were good. I was trying to help Fearless_Jedi as much as you.
Page: 1 of 1