Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SW: Next RTS: Military

Page: 4 of 4
 FroZticles
12-31-2004, 1:07 AM
Agreed

How boring would it be if all Rebels had to do was camp among trees with troops, rocket troops and light armored vehicles stealthed to ambush the Empire. Not to mention a Rebel mirror match lol stealth on stealth would be very boring and the games community would start declining at a rapid rate.
 DK_Viceroy
12-31-2004, 6:03 AM
and now we see why the folks at IA gave the rebels that T-3b tank not the least because it was in FC I think.

the GLA in Generals manages to get by however the Rebels would have to have a seriously OP Airforce to stand a chance and by OP I'm seriously talking about really OP here which wouldn't be realistic we've got to think of Gameplay, perhaps we could give them a few republic vehicles that wouldn't be used in the Republic side to represent them using old equipment?
 lukeiamyourdad
12-31-2004, 6:07 AM
The T-3b is the Rebel Heavy Mech Destroyer in SWGB.

We just need to think up about units who can strike hard and quickly. Lots of speed, good firepower, low armor.
 DK_Viceroy
12-31-2004, 6:10 AM
we could have a regular speeder with a big laser cannon attached onto it (sort of like the Rebel Strike Mech), just off the top off my head I'd have to consult my Fact Files which may be EU but it'd be better than making something up.
 lukeiamyourdad
12-31-2004, 6:13 AM
We have the SWGB Strike Mech that can be reused. It was in FOCOM I think and was also reused for Battlefront.
 DK_Viceroy
12-31-2004, 6:38 AM
Yeah that too but I'll still sweap through the factfiles and scan up pages on interest.
 Darth Windu
12-31-2004, 4:12 PM
Except that I never said the Rebels should sneak around. Going from my template, which is obviously how I think the Rebels should be portrayed, they do have some stealth units like the Sniper.

However, their main strength is the ability of their Infantry units to entrench themselves (taking less damage and dealing more) while their superior air force takes apart the enemy. How is that stealthy?

This is good for gameplay, becuase they would play very differently to all of the other sides, and it reflects how Rebel ground forces fought on Endor and Hoth.
 FroZticles
12-31-2004, 5:29 PM
Well I don't know what movie you were watching but thats not what happened on Endor. They used stealth to take out the surrounding imperial guards. I did not see them in trenches or with any air destroying the AT-ST on Endor.
 Darth Windu
12-31-2004, 10:19 PM
FroZ - I was saying that on Hoth, they used the trenches and air power, while on Endor they used stealth.

Incidently, I was given 'Empires: Dawn of the Modern World' for Christmas, and think it's great. Anyway, for those who havent played it, you can research 'classified technologies', one of which, 'rebellion', works much like the rebels in C&C Generals where a group rise up anywhere on the map. If that sort of thing is going into the new RTS, that would be a great feature of the Rebellion.
 FroZticles
12-31-2004, 11:31 PM
Its basically the same as BFME powers like the Gondor power to call Rohan Horses or the Rohan power to call upon the elves or ents.
 DK_Viceroy
01-01-2005, 3:24 AM
Which Country has that windu and is it Pre world war one or Post world war one?
 Darth Windu
01-01-2005, 4:39 PM
Bscially, yeah. The power would reflect the use of the Ewoks on Endor, because the Rebellion is able to get local support and get them to rise up against the Empire.
Page: 4 of 4