Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Zero Factor

Page: 1 of 1
 Acrylic
12-03-2004, 6:20 PM
I'm sure most people have heard of the Zero factor, as some call it. Its a curse that an indian man named "The Prophet" (Brother of Tecumseh) put on America. Its the factor that every president elected with a 0 at the end (IE: 1900, 1920, 1940, 1960, 1980, 2000)

Now, my question to you all is, do you believe in it?

The only president not to be killed was Ronad Reagan(sp?) elected in 1980. Well, he came SO close to dying too. And Bush hasn't been assasinated (yet). So, now, the other question is, do you think it's still around, or do you think Reagan broke the curse?

To answer my own: I still believe in it because Reagan was so close to death, it could have kinda "counted". And with the way things are going, and how the majority of the world is against Bush, I have a feeling he could get assasinated.

Now, your replies, views, and thoughts would be appreciated.

-Acrylic
 El Sitherino
12-03-2004, 6:40 PM
... This topic scares me. Not because of the subject itself, but the possible posts soon to come. I bid you goodluck.

I dunno what the hell to think about this thing, infact I personally don't believe in curses, just you get what you give. *shrugs*
 TK-8252
12-03-2004, 7:21 PM
Silly superstition...
 CapNColostomy
12-03-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic

So, now, the other question is, do you think it's still around, or do you think Reagan broke the curse?

I think neither. I don't think it was around in the first place. And that makes it hard for me to believe Reagan broke it.
 SkinWalker
12-04-2004, 6:35 AM
It's interestingy that this topic came up. I was in High School when Reagan was elected to the first term and I remember my Art teacher, who was very into astrology and such, stating aloud, "well.... he's gonna get shot."

We all replied with, "huh?"

She went on to explain that every President elected in a year ending in zero gets shot (she didn't say killed or died). We all laughed.

Then Hinkley, with hard-on for Jodi Foster and a cheap revolver stepped up and capped the guy.

While it didn't make a "believer" out of me, it certainly was strange. I half-expect our Art teacher to be arrested as part of the conspiracy!

In the end, I think its just coincidence that every President ever elected in a year ending in a "zero" was shot. Except George W. Bush, of course.
 ET Warrior
12-04-2004, 11:08 AM
I don't believe in curses like apparently most of the people in this thread.
 jon_hill987
12-04-2004, 2:49 PM
Originally posted by SkinWalker
Except George W. Bush, of course.

We can but hope.

Nah, curses? pfft. bit far fetched isn't it?

I say its a coincedence.
 kipperthefrog
12-04-2004, 3:08 PM
there was a recent assasination on Bu$h here.

Rebels Attempt: (http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/11/27/bush-plot/)

is that enough for the Zero Factor thing?
 toms
12-06-2004, 6:24 AM
but bush wasn't ellected in a year ednig in zero was he? :( :mad:
 ET Warrior
12-06-2004, 6:35 AM
He was orignally elected in 2000....well, sorta. ;)
 Acrylic
12-06-2004, 2:39 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
He was orignally elected in 2000....well, sorta. ;)

Word. :p
 MADD>uB<
12-09-2004, 3:49 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic
I still believe in it because Reagan was so close to death, it could have kinda "counted".

Oh, So now I guess the old saying should be "Only in Horseshoes , Hand Grenades , and Curses":D
Page: 1 of 1