Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting mod tools (hard coded recovery) from LucasArts

Page: 1 of 1
 pie_man101
11-30-2004, 2:54 PM
There have been lots of limitations in KOTOR in terms of modeling and animation. To my knowledge, no one has been able to build a new model OR give new animations.
Speaking of these problems, has anyone actually asked any of the LucasArts devs about tools or programs used, or possibly obtaining these programs. Im pretty sure they wouldn't mind selling the tools (keyword: SELLING) and making even more money.
 Darkkender
11-30-2004, 3:17 PM
I say the bioware devs can keep there tools and utilities for all I care. What would be nice is if they would extend the source code for the model format to at home developers like cchargrin who are struggling to break down there format to support the modding community. Especially since bioware and lucasarts gave us to folders to load files into to make changes to the game without really destroying the game at all. Honestly it is communities like ours that continue to support there game by providing positive publicity for it and continued potential for sales of the original as well as future spinoffs of the same story line.
 ChAiNz.2da
11-30-2004, 3:28 PM
Originally posted by darkkender
Honestly it is communities like ours that continue to support there game by providing positive publicity for it and continued potential for sales of the original as well as future spinoffs of the same story line.

Agreed. Personally I would've shelved KotOR months ago if it weren't for the availability of mods (that and the the 'Darkside' sway of this community to get me hooked into actually modding myself ;) )
Page: 1 of 1