Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Poptarts = 3 Seconds?

Page: 1 of 1
 TK-8252
11-30-2004, 11:24 AM
Why does the microwave instructions for poptarts tell you to microwave for three seconds?! It's still cold as if you never warmed it at all. I put 'em in for twenty seconds. Why haven't they fixed the instructions yet? :eek:
 TiE23
11-30-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by TK-8252
Why does the microwave instructions for poptarts tell you to microwave for three seconds?! It's still cold as if you never warmed it at all. I put 'em in for twenty seconds. Why haven't they fixed the instructions yet? :eek: Hmmm.....
People who sue ruin America, and make people pay more money, I guess.

TiE
 Shok_Tinoktin
11-30-2004, 11:31 AM
Maybe the instructions are designed for higher end microwaves. You'd be surprised how much varience in cooking time you get with microwaves.
 Leper Messiah
11-30-2004, 11:33 AM
yes as the pop tarts box reads:

POP TARTS IN THREE SECONDS*

*Only in nuclear warhead grade microwaves
 Evil Dark Jedi
11-30-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Leper Messiah
yes as the pop tarts box reads:

POP TARTS IN THREE SECONDS*

*Only in nuclear warhead grade microwaves

That is exactly true.
 El Sitherino
11-30-2004, 11:39 AM
they're warm in 3 seconds in my microwave :x and mine only cost 150 I think
 Leper Messiah
11-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
they're warm in 3 seconds in my microwave :x and mine only cost 150 I think

my god! he's got a nuke! :eek:
 TiE23
11-30-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Leper Messiah
my god! he's got a nuke! :eek: in his pants? Or in his kitchen?

TiE
 Rogue Nine
11-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Both, if I recall correctly.

And yus, I get warm Pop Tarts in three seconds too. :D
 coupes.
11-30-2004, 1:25 PM
And I get no poptarts at all...

poptarts... bleh :p
 IG-64
11-30-2004, 1:34 PM
Use a toaster.
 StormHammer
11-30-2004, 1:41 PM
Have toast and marmalade instead. :p
 ckcsaber
11-30-2004, 2:04 PM
I don't cook poptarts. I eat them RAW. Oh yes, give it to us raw and wrigglin'.

I also eat Ramen noodles raw.

I'm hardcore like that.
 edlib
11-30-2004, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by ckcsaber
I don't cook poptarts. I eat them RAW.
I also eat Ramen noodles raw.
Ditto on the Pop-Tart thing (although it's been at least a good 10 years since I've actually had one)

I'm trying to figure out how to eat the ramen raw tho... It boggles the mind.

Do you sprinkle the contents of the flavor packet over the crumbled up noodles in a bowl and eat it like cereal,... or you you just chow down on the dry noodle brick, and then wash it down by inhaling the powdered contents of the packet?!??

We want to know!!!
 Anthony
11-30-2004, 2:20 PM
Microwaves suck.
 coupes.
11-30-2004, 2:23 PM
Originally posted by Anthony
Microwaves suck.
Only if you try cooking your gonads... otherwise it's pretty useful.

>_>
 ckcsaber
11-30-2004, 2:28 PM
Originally posted by edlib
I'm trying to figure out how to eat the ramen raw tho... It boggles the mind.

Do you sprinkle the contents of the flavor packet over the crumbled up noodles in a bowl and eat it like cereal,... or you you just chow down on the dry noodle brick, and then wash it down by inhaling the powdered contents of the packet?!??

We want to know!!!

lol

What I usually do is sprinkle the mono-sodium glutamate ridden magic spice across the brick of noodles and then take any crumbs left in the plastic packet and sprinkle those atop the brick as well. After all the prep work is done I just gorge on the main brick itself. Eventually it will break into smaller chunks that I can just pop in my mouth.

Although, I always have to use a large plate or bowl when I eat the noodles like this. It gets everywhere.

It's actually pretty tasty. I prefer eating the Ramen noodle's raw rather than cooking them.
 TiE23
11-30-2004, 2:35 PM
Microwaves suck. Remeber his name? Egg Destroyer? He blew up an egg in a microwave one day. And it causes inferance with his wireless conection, too.

kekekeke, I have also eaten Ramen noodles raw, and frozen waffles, its either well done or raw for my foods :D

TiE
 BongoBob
11-30-2004, 2:40 PM
Pop Tarts pwn on those days you wake up with 20 seconds to get ready for school/work.
Mmmmm....cherry pop tarts...
 edlib
11-30-2004, 2:48 PM
What I usually do is sprinkle the mono-sodium glutamate ridden magic spice across the brick of noodles and then take any crumbs left in the plastic packet and sprinkle those atop the brick as well. After all the prep work is done I just gorge on the main brick itself. Eventually it will break into smaller chunks that I can just pop in my mouth.
Although, I always have to use a large plate or bowl when I eat the noodles like this. It gets everywhere.
It's actually pretty tasty. I prefer eating the Ramen noodle's raw rather than cooking them.
Ahhh... a hybrid approach I had not considered! :D Well done!

I sometimes eat uncooked pasta straight from the box. I once snacked on an entire box of rotini this way while watching a movie (we were without popcorn or chips, and I needed something to crunch.)
My jaw ached for a couple of days afterwards, and it took weeks to floss all that stuff out of my teeth.
I'll usually break down and just cook it now... ;)
 Mike Windu
11-30-2004, 4:04 PM
lol

I do the same with my Vietnamese noodles. Much tastier... but I rarely use the spice.

Also see: raw spaghetti noodles. Very good. Crunchy and fun to eat, but leave a semi bad taste in your mouth after you're done.
 ZBomber
11-30-2004, 4:54 PM
:( Poptarts get stuck in my braceses..... but I eat them "raw"(:confused: ) too. i'm too poor for microwaves/toasters... :(
 GonkH8er
11-30-2004, 5:08 PM
Funnily enough, we use toasters down here for poptarts.

Best hangover cure ever is double choc poptarts and cranberry juice. It's long been my friend :)
 El Sitherino
11-30-2004, 5:24 PM
so do I, but I was curious about this so I decided to see if mine could do it. Usually though I just eat them right out of the package.
 ET Warrior
11-30-2004, 6:18 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
so do I, but I was curious about this so I decided to see if mine could do it. Usually though I just eat them right out of the package.

That's the way I do it, unless it's the s'more poptarts. Pop those in the toaster and it's good eatin's let me tell you what :D
 Leper Messiah
12-01-2004, 1:00 AM
Microwaves suck.

Gothix!!!!!!!!!! *points at Anthony* Gothix quick!!!!!!!!!

Gothiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiix!!!!!

sod it ill do it myself

you suck at life :D
 jon_hill987
12-01-2004, 6:26 AM
If you put jam on both sides of a bit of bread and put it in the toaster it comes out like pop tarts. well sort of.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! ANY FIRES/DEATHS THAT RESULT CAN NOT BE BLAMED ON ME.

seriously don't try it, and if you do remember that jam gets very hot. I ended up with a blob of boiling jam on my hand.
 Alegis
12-01-2004, 7:57 AM
I eat fruit....RAW!!

Well if they had poptarts here i'm sure i'd love it
 Evil Dark Jedi
12-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Alegis
I eat fruit....RAW!!

I think we all do. :p

I cook poptarts in a toaster. It is way easier.
 stingerhs
12-01-2004, 12:03 PM
if and when i eat poptarts, they're frozen solid. :D

oh, and you guys really outa try some cold, refridgerated pizza. after an all-nite LAN party, it really hits the spot. :^:
 Acrylic
12-01-2004, 1:06 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
:( Poptarts get stuck in my braceses..... but I eat them "raw"(:confused: ) too. i'm too poor for microwaves/toasters... :(

I have braces. Of course, ANY FOOD gets stuck in my braces. But, you just lick it off of the braces, its not hard. ;)
 Redwing
12-01-2004, 5:44 PM
TK: Make sure your microwave is on High. :D
 ET Warrior
12-01-2004, 5:48 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic
I have braces. Of course, ANY FOOD gets stuck in my braces. But, you just lick it off of the braces, its not hard. ;)

The trick is being good at curling your tongue over the braces and sucking the food out.

*used to have braces*
 Leper Messiah
12-01-2004, 5:54 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
The trick is being good at curling your tongue over the braces and sucking the food out.

*used to have braces*

im glad i dont have those things any more
 TK-8252
12-01-2004, 6:09 PM
Originally posted by Redwing
TK: Make sure your microwave is on High. :D

It only has one setting - it's ancient, made back when woodgrain was in style. :xp:

I should have braces, but I didn't want to have all the teeth pulled that they said would have to be pulled. I'll just wait 'till I'm older. :)
 BongoBob
12-01-2004, 6:10 PM
After that post by stinger, I decided to try them. They're delicious.

Of course this is after only about 30 minutes in my freezer wrapped in ice, but still :D

It was the smores kind :^:
 Sam Fisher
12-01-2004, 6:49 PM
I use a toaster like a normal person.
 Evil Dark Jedi
12-01-2004, 9:24 PM
It only has one setting - it's ancient, made back when woodgrain was in style. :xp:

Mine is like that. It is new though...

Like you said you said put it on for a longer time. :D
 ET Warrior
12-02-2004, 7:43 AM
It only has one setting - it's ancient, made back when woodgrain was in style.

Well did you ever stop to think it's not the poptarts that are wrong, but your microwave just sucks? :p
 Sam Fisher
12-02-2004, 7:46 AM
I eat fruit....RAW!!

Not everyone does! I eat it dehydrated sometimes!
 jon_hill987
12-02-2004, 8:09 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Well did you ever stop to think it's not the poptarts that are wrong, but your microwave just sucks? :p

I almost said that, If you microwave is that old it is probably only 350W so it's hardly supprising the instuctions for a 750W (I'de guess) are wrong.
 Shok_Tinoktin
12-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Could be higher than that. I've seen instructions that claimed to be for a 1100W microwave.
Page: 1 of 1