Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help getting weapon in game.

Page: 1 of 1
 epikon
11-29-2004, 11:00 AM
I have just followed the tutorial giving with mdlops but i havent been success full. When in game my weapon looks like this.

http://www.boomspeed.com/0sid0/ingamerror.JPG)

Another wierd this is the sizes of my files i put into the overide have a look
http://www.boomspeed.com/0sid0/sizes.JPG)

I have no idea whats the problem been through the tutorial again but on luck, any help out there? Thanks!
 90SK
11-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Are you linking the model properly? I suggest bneezy's video tutorial available at pcgamemods.com. Its very useful.;)
 pie_man101
11-29-2004, 3:20 PM
It looks like your actual model file is empty. If thats not it, then you must have not linked the gun to the texture properly.
 svцsh
11-29-2004, 4:04 PM
There is no model in the file look at it’s size . Before exporting delete any old geometry ex: if you have a game gun in there then Area select everything in your scene and hit Fast linker in the nwmax general Util’s at the top.

In MAX go to your schematic viewer, left of the material editor button on the main tool bar. You will see everything linked up nicely, now click the aurora base set your export destination max\meshes or a new folder on your desktop. Hit export Geom only

Open mdlops select your new exported model and hit read and write there are 2 windows open now place the Dos window of mdlops on top and watch it compile , you will see it calculating faces. Wait until it finishes then close it. Check that your new mdl and mdx are not 1 k and 0 k and drop them in Override, it should work this time.

svцsh
 epikon
11-30-2004, 4:20 AM
Thanks alot! You have helped me out yet again ill follow you guide and see what comes up, thanks!
 epikon
11-30-2004, 4:40 AM
It works!
The problem was that box1 (my weapon) wasnt linked to the other three peices in schematic view. The FastLinker option linked it straight away and i knew it was good news when all the faces showed in the compiler. Again Thanks

But the weapon is small, do i just resize it in max to make it bigger is do i change a setting? Thanks Again for everyones help especially svцsh!
 svцsh
11-30-2004, 5:44 AM
No problem happy to help epikon ;)

First delete the aurora trimesh or this will cause sanity errors "complaining about not being a scale of 1" when you try to export your rescaled model.

For resizing, you have scale wizard, on the nwmax mesh tools area or I like to go to editable mesh verts and area select my entire model, *careful that ignore back facing in off and uniform scale it.

Then re apply the aurora trimesh gizmo on the top of the stack and export.

However if what you ended up with in game was huge that’s because you didn’t set the world scale at the beginning, by hitting [set environ button in nwmax general utli’s]
Max/ Gmax by default uses “ US scale, Bioware is a Canadian company and use cm’ s [set environ button ] set’s the world scale to cm’s so always remember to hit this before you begin your model.

Hope this helps

svцsh
 epikon
11-30-2004, 6:00 AM
thanks! ill have a go.

EDIT: ITs working, thanks!
But yet again i have some problems :(.

The handle of the gun seems to be near my charecters wrist and dosnt actually sit in the hand. Is there anyway to move the pistol down so its in the palm of my hand.

The second problem is that my model replaces blstrpstl001. Im not sure why as my model number 011. The command i use to get the gun ingame is g_w_blstrpstl011.

These should be the last problems before i can texture the gun. Then i will have to do the inventory icon, do all the stats etc of the gun, then find away to get the gun in the game without cheat codes (not everyone likes cheating :D). So i might have problems there.

But i would like to say that everyone on this forum has been great and very helpful and i appricate it!
 Mono_Giganto
11-30-2004, 8:58 AM
Originally posted by epikon
thanks! ill have a go.

EDIT: ITs working, thanks!
But yet again i have some problems :(.

The handle of the gun seems to be near my charecters wrist and dosnt actually sit in the hand. Is there anyway to move the pistol down so its in the palm of my hand.

The second problem is that my model replaces blstrpstl001. Im not sure why as my model number 011. The command i use to get the gun ingame is g_w_blstrpstl011.

These should be the last problems before i can texture the gun. Then i will have to do the inventory icon, do all the stats etc of the gun, then find away to get the gun in the game without cheat codes (not everyone likes cheating :D). So i might have problems there.

But i would like to say that everyone on this forum has been great and very helpful and i appricate it!

Ok, question one: move the model in Gmax forward a bit, and re-export, check to see if it fis in the hand then.

2: Just because the UTI has 11does not mean it is the model variation. Check INSIDE the uti file and find Modelvar, if that's not 11 change it to 11.

One more note, when you re-export the model, rename w_blstrpstl_001 (the base) to w_blstrpstl_011. :)
 epikon
11-30-2004, 9:11 AM
nice one, thanks!
 epikon
11-30-2004, 9:39 AM
Its all working fine now and it dosnt replace blaster 1.

All i have to do now is texture it, give the weapon its stats (name, damage etc) then put in a method to recieve the item without cheating.

A quick shot

http://www.boomspeed.com/0sid0/ingame.JPG)

Expected release Friday.
 Mono_Giganto
11-30-2004, 9:40 AM
Nice job there, it's going to look nice textured. :)
 epikon
11-30-2004, 10:34 AM
Another Error!!! This is getting annoying :(

After playing with the .uti changing the description name etc i went into game to find my weapon like this.

http://www.boomspeed.com/0sid0/error2.JPG)

Ive tried re-exporting my models and re-extracting the .uti and doing it again but no luck. This is silly, al these errors!
Help would be nice, thanks in advance!

EDIT: NOT sure why but it just seemed to fix's itself when i reset my computer, strange!
 TemporaryTomato
11-30-2004, 11:50 AM
Is that a Bith instrument??? :lol:
 svцsh
11-30-2004, 1:34 PM
Epikon name your .uti as "gun" or something easy to type In stead of g_w_blstrpstl1011 so all you have to do is open your consol , type g hit tab type I hit tab and then your easy code

I also suggest using a higher number in the models base to be in the clear like w_blstrpstl_030
Bioware where very sloppy, you never know what the names really mean, go to the items / models dir and extract jedirobe.mdl and mdx :p de compile it and load it in max…. What is that.. A medieval shield I believe it is so why is it called jedirobe Who know :p

svцsh
 Mono_Giganto
11-30-2004, 2:08 PM
Originally posted by svцsh
Epikon name your .uti as "gun" or something easy to type In stead of g_w_blstrpstl1011 so all you have to do is open your consol , type g hit tab type I hit tab and then your easy code

I also suggest using a higher number in the models base to be in the clear like w_blstrpstl_030
Bioware where very sloppy, you never know what the names really mean, go to the items / models dir and extract jedirobe.mdl and mdx :p de compile it and load it in max…. What is that.. A medieval shield I believe it is so why is it called jedirobe Who know :p

sцsh

I saw the shield too, that really confused me. :D Stick with high numbers, A mod I should have out soon uses 65 for the modelvar.
 epikon
12-01-2004, 4:06 AM
lol ok thanks
Page: 1 of 1