Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question about modeling..

Page: 1 of 1
 BES
11-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Is it possible to use TrueSpace6 instead of Gmax to make models?
 epikon
11-29-2004, 5:39 AM
I wouldnt of thought so Truespace is old. I can remember when i used to use Truespace to make mods of StarCraft.
 Mono_Giganto
11-29-2004, 9:03 AM
Originally posted by BES
Is it possible to use TrueSpace6 instead of Gmax to make models?

Well it depends, I may be wrong, but if it's possible to export a file from that and import said file into Gmax, then :)

Bneezy has used Milkshape to convert models by exporting out of Milkshape into Gmax, so it all depends on that as far as I can tell.
 ChAiNz.2da
11-29-2004, 10:39 AM
Does TrueSpace6 import/export ascii-mdl format?

I think that's one of the reasons why so many here (including me ;) ) use GMAX is the fact that there is a plug-in that allows you to use this particular format (not to mention it's free)...

I would think if TrueSpace can, or is capable via plug-in, use ascii-mdl then all would be well.
 Mono_Giganto
11-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz
Does TrueSpace6 import/export ascii-mdl format?

I think that's one of the reasons why so many here (including me ;) ) use GMAX is the fact that there is a plug-in that allows you to use this particular format (not to mention it's free)...

I would think if TrueSpace can, or is capable via plug-in, use ascii-mdl then all would be well.

It doesn't need to necessarily have an ascii format, if it had a way to transfer the model into Gmax that would work as well.
 ChAiNz.2da
11-29-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
It doesn't need to necessarily have an ascii format, if it had a way to transfer the model into Gmax that would work as well.

True, quite true. I was just wondering myself cuz' I looked at TrueSpace's website and the program looks pretty sweet (temptation rising).

If it was possible that TrueSpace could in fact use ascii format, it's be one less step (having to switch between 2 different modeling progz) in the modeling process...(ergo I'm lazy ;) )

But I defiinitely agree with you that if TrueSpace can at least export into a viable format GMAX can use... then it would indeed be possible.

TrueSpace Website (http://www.caligari.com/)
 BES
11-29-2004, 11:44 PM
I was just wondering cause I have Truespace6.6 ..its very cool with animation..very realistic face animation etc...uses python scripts though...and couldnt find a plug-in for Gmax.
 svцsh
11-30-2004, 5:57 AM
Take a look at this thread to get started with all the tools you need for modeling.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134510)

svцsh
Page: 1 of 1