Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Somewhat urgent!

Page: 1 of 1
 Holdios
11-28-2004, 5:21 PM
Google is proving itself to be a bastard tonight... oh well, I've got you guys. (hopefully). Before tomorrow (Tuesday) evening, American Central time, I need to find a site with lots of sound effects, particularily lots of different sound effects from crowds, like booing or jeering.

All help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
 Incredible_d
11-28-2004, 5:42 PM
False alarm. I helped find him some sound bites.

By the way, there may be a radio play of my own in the works. It'll be done using the talents in the theatre department of my High School (some really talented people there). Further bulletins later, but I thought I'd run the idea out in the air; I might put the script out for you guys to see when I write it.
 The Adventurer
11-28-2004, 5:49 PM
As long as we're on the topic. Does anyone have link to a website that has a good selection of Sound Effects? I too have a radio play in the works (Stanley Bicksford, Certified Exterminator) and one of the (many) things I'm lacking is a Sound Effects library. So basicly are there any sites out there with free sound effects? Or maybe to buy if I have too? Or howabout a CD full of them I could purchess?

Thx.
 Sallim
11-28-2004, 5:54 PM
Sounds cool!
Iam exited and ready to read the script D.

Sorry I dont know about a good selection of SFXs...

nice to see you guys here
 MJ
11-29-2004, 6:44 AM
http://www.hollywoodedge.com/the_acb/webpage.cfm?&DID=9&WebPage_ID=16)

Maybe try that for a few. Hollywood Edge is what I use, which is a great library if you can afford the 30CDs. It's what I use in all my radio productions as far as sound effects go.
 The Adventurer
11-29-2004, 2:38 PM
*looks at those prices*

CHRRRRRRIIIIIST!

And which one of the retail sets would you recomend as covering alot of bases?
 MJ
11-29-2004, 10:55 PM
Well the one I use is the Premiere Edition.
 The Adventurer
11-30-2004, 6:18 AM
Premium Edition Vol.1 or all four volumes? Because that's quite the chunk of change right there.

I'm now thinking of picking up the Super Single Vol.1. Just because it's priced decent and appears to have a range of basic sound effects I need.
 MJ
11-30-2004, 4:28 PM
Don't forget to check out e-bay. I recently picked up a CD pack of 6000 sound effects for 10 bucks Aussie. There's some good stuff on there.

Premiere Edition is good, but at some times could be too much overkill for what you need. For example, I have an entire CD dedicated to water sound effects. :)
Page: 1 of 1