Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Where is Live Planet 6?

Page: 1 of 1
 Kaspian
11-28-2004, 7:57 AM
I don't want to be a bad news messenger but there is something wrong with Ebon Hawk's Galaxy Map. I set all "planets" except L, SF and Ebon Hawk available
(and selectable) in k_pebn_galaxy. There aren't 6 Live Planets (LP) as I expected but only 5 of them!

I count 6 LP. One of them is Yavin Station (LP 1)

[See the map] (http://kaspian.fotopic.net/p9488877.html)

So I checked galaxymap.gui in GFF editor. There is no entry for LP 6 as is
in planetary.2da

Just to keep coming, I added missing entry to *.gui and tested its functionality with other LP by changeing scripting tags in 2da. It worked fine, but unfortunately not with LP 6 :( I gone too far that I reinstalled KotOR just to check it without 1.03 patch. Unsuccessfuly.

Have you ever seen LP 6?
 Emperor Devon
11-28-2004, 8:19 AM
Originally, there was supposed to one more world (Sleheyron) but Bioware ran out of time. Some files for it still remain, though (such as the Sleheyron background) I heard it was possible to warp there, but it's nothing but blackness. There are even some screenshots for Sleheyron. They might be a BETA design for Korriban, but they might not. Sleheyron sounded really fun, though. There was supposed to be a humongous arena where slaves would fight each other. It was supposed to be a very industrialized planet, with slave pens, hutts (who ruled the planet) You were supposed to find the Star Map in a Krayt dragon cave, since one of LA's ideas for the Star Map on Tatooine was to descend into the Maw of the Sarlacc and recover the Star Map there, without being eaten. You were also supposed to become a sort of Messiah to the sand people, and lead them in a revolt against Czerka.
 Emperor Devon
11-28-2004, 8:22 AM
I know this is completly unrelated to the topic, but why is this forum called Holowan laboratories?
 StormTrooper789
11-28-2004, 8:31 AM
Originally posted by Kaspian
I don't want to be a bad news messenger but there is something wrong with Ebon Hawk's Galaxy Map. I set all "planets" except L, SF and Ebon Hawk available
(and selectable) in k_pebn_galaxy. There aren't 6 Live Planets (LP) as I expected but only 5 of them!

I count 6 LP. One of them is Yavin Station (LP 1)

[See the map] (http://kaspian.fotopic.net/p9488877.html)

So I checked galaxymap.gui in GFF editor. There is no entry for LP 6 as is
in planetary.2da

Just to keep coming, I added missing entry to *.gui and tested its functionality with other LP by changeing scripting tags in 2da. It worked fine, but unfortunately not with LP 6 :( I gone too far that I reinstalled KotOR just to check it without 1.03 patch. Unsuccessfuly.

Have you ever seen LP 6?
It could be that LP 6 is unsupported, maybe you miscounted, or LP 6 could be Reserved meaning it is not available for use and/or not implemented yet. I really don't know. Perhaps you could be more informative?

Originally posted by Emperor Devon
I know this is completly unrelated to the topic, but why is this forum called Holowan laboratories?
Hmmm....I got it!
The Holowan is supposed to be a fancy Star Wars name, and a Laboratory is where people work, experiment, etc. Now since everyone here works, experiments and etc. on Kotor Modding why would we call it "Holowan Laboratories"? :rolleyes:
 Kaspian
11-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Thank you for informations Emperor Devon. I read the same.

What I am trying to say is, that there is (probably) no Live Planet 6 as is stated
in planetary.2da

Originally posted by StormTrooper789
It could be that LP 6 is unsupported, maybe you miscounted, or LP 6 could be Reserved meaning it is not available for use and/or not implemented yet. I really don't know. Perhaps you could be more informative?

Ok. If you look into planetary.2da there are entries for Live Planets 1 - 6. LP 1
is Yavin. LP 5 is already RedHawke's ORD Mandell. LP 2 - 4 and LP 6 are "free
to mod".

Next you can enable LPs as is said in tk102's thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127001). Now you should see hidden planets (just locations to go, no new modules except RedHawke's) in game. So how many LPs do you see? There should be white squares if you didn't do
the trick with planet icons.

Summary: 2da states 6 LPs, game shows 5 LPs (including Yavin), there is also missing entry for LP 6 in galaxymap.gui file.

Conclusion: If nobody is able to add new planets via planetary.2da and galaxymap.gui, there are only 3 planets left for new modules of planetary character. What I am talking about is compatibility.

Imagine 2 people who would create mod for LP 2. You would have 2 mods
for 1 planet. In my opinion it's weird to change files in modules and override folder during gameplay just for opportunity to visit all 2 mods without cheating.

I started this thread to assure if I am right or not. And to tell modders there are probably only 3 planets left (without compatibility issues) until February :) for PC users.

Well, I am most likely troubled for nothing
 Darth333
11-28-2004, 1:46 PM
Originally posted by Kaspian

I started this thread to assure if I am right or not. And to tell modders there are probably only 3 planets left (without compatibility issues) until February :) for PC users.

Well, I am most likely troubled for nothing
For now, there is only 1 new planet accessible via the Star Map. If we get to more than three, a new computer, similar to what's in the Leviathan could be installed in the Ebon Hawk :D ...the installation could even be inserted in the storyline: you ask a mechanic, like the guy on Korriban, to install a new travel system in the Ebon Hawk :p
 DarkBlade2Z
11-28-2004, 4:40 PM
Hmmm, tell me, what exactly happens if you enable the missing planets and attempt to go them?

Will you just sit there clicking on them, or will the game freeze up, etc etc...
-----------------
:sheepdanc:whip1: DANCE! DANCE I SAY!!!
 RedHawke
11-28-2004, 5:44 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
For now, there is only 1 new planet accessible via the Star Map. If we get to more than three, a new computer, similar to what's in the Leviathan could be installed in the Ebon Hawk :D ...the installation could even be inserted in the storyline: you ask a mechanic, like the guy on Korriban, to install a new travel system in the Ebon Hawk :p
Yup Darth333, and we have that whole unused computer room adjacent to the cockpit on the Ebon Hawk to put said new travel computer too! :D
Originally posted by DarkBlade2Z
Hmmm, tell me, what exactly happens if you enable the missing planets and attempt to go them?

Will you just sit there clicking on them, or will the game freeze up, etc etc...

Well you can go to one of the Live Planets, when you attempt to exit the Ebon Hawk there will be no module to load and the game will... simply freeze. ;)
 Kaspian
11-28-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Darth333

Great solution. I am not troubled about this anymore :)

There is no spoon (LP 6)
Page: 1 of 1