Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Party and Equipment changing in hostile areas

Page: 1 of 1
 pie_man101
11-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Exactly as the title says. What file determines whether you are not allowed to change party members and/or equipment during a time period. Per example, when your fighting u cant change gear and while you are in the underwater part of Manaan, you cant change party members.
Im guessing that there would be two files to possibly modify, a definition file and a script. ive searched and searched and cant find either.

Any suggestions (besides searching more)?

Thnx

(edit: can anyone give a clue as to what type of file im looking for?)
 Darkkender
11-27-2004, 11:40 AM
I would take a look at the files in one of messkells many mods while he does not provide source scripts you may find the clue your looking for. I know he has a mod that allows you to have more than yourself underwater. so that might be a good start.
 pie_man101
11-27-2004, 11:49 AM
I actually started to look through messkels work, but all of it was self-created and as you said, no source scripts
 Darth333
11-27-2004, 12:17 PM
To make a NPC not selectable, use this code:

void main()
{
SetNPCSelectability(NPC_JOLEE, FALSE);
}

to make it available again, use
void main()
{
SetNPCSelectability(NPC_JOLEE, TRUE);
}

Other npcs:

NPC_BASTILA
NPC_CANDEROUS
NPC_CARTH
NPC_HK_47
NPC_JOLEE
NPC_JUHANI
NPC_MISSION
NPC_T3_M4
NPC_ZAALBAR
 pie_man101
11-27-2004, 12:50 PM
But that only makes the NPCs available at a certain time. How do u make them available all the time.
 Darth333
11-27-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by pie_man101
But that only makes the NPCs available at a certain time. How do u make them available all the time.
This is what the game uses. And if you want to make them available when they are not available normally, you'll have to edit all the scripts that turn them unavailable or attach a script that makes them available again right away.
 pie_man101
11-27-2004, 1:12 PM
... which brings me back to square one. My original question was what files do i need to edit. lol

Thnx anyway
 RedHawke
11-27-2004, 4:43 PM
Originally posted by pie_man101
... which brings me back to square one. My original question was what files do i need to edit. lol

Thnx anyway
Just a suggestion, I could be way off with this but...

Instead of locating and editing dozens of game files/scripts... Why not try and make something like Darth333's party Manager/Script Testing armband, you could alter it's dialogue to fire a party available script, like Darth333 entered above, that set's the party availability to all available in an area when you need it.

Or you could set the Armbands dialogue to activate/display only the NPC's you have at the time or something of that nature, far easier than other methods IMHO.

I hope this helps! :D
 Darkkender
11-27-2004, 5:06 PM
That would probably work redhawke. In fact that gives me an idea to the point that I might try to revive my holowan recruit manager in a completly different fashion now that i'm learning more about scripts if I overrode the script that launches the party selection screen to launch a custom dialogue. but before I pursue that I need to finish my other mods that have been incomplete and waiting to finish.(Let me tell you locking down globals for jolee, juhani and hk-47 for what i need are more difficult than the other 6 members of your party.)
 Kaspian
11-28-2004, 7:33 AM
There is "unescapable" entry in module's *.are file.

Its value is boolean. If set to 0, party selection and rapid transit system (RTS)
are available to PC.

Edit: I removed some misleading information
 tk102
11-28-2004, 7:47 AM
Kaspian said: There is "unescapable" entry in module's *.are file. Its value is boolean. If set to 0, party selection and rapid transit system (RTS)
are available to PC.

Then you should be able to use this function with some degree of effectiveness:void main() {
SetAreaUnescapable(FALSE);
}
 pie_man101
11-28-2004, 10:37 AM
Ill try to attach the script to a dialog sequence (probably leech off a ready made file) and see what happens.
 pie_man101
11-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Is there anyway to attach a script to an item (unlike the recruitment manager)? Such as an armband that activates the script when I use it?

edit: Never mind, i figured it out
Page: 1 of 1