Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Multiplayer Servers Created Don't Show Up? (JA)

Page: 1 of 1
 AAI
11-22-2004, 9:22 AM
Hi,

I'm having a problem in multiplayer. When I create a Dedicated internet server, It doesn't show up in-game, even under empty servers. Why is this not working?:confused:
 Neverhoodian
11-22-2004, 9:31 AM
Have you updated the game to the 1.01 patch? If not, it can be found here (http://www.pcgamemods.com/2979/).
 AAI
11-22-2004, 9:32 AM
Yes, I have.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
11-22-2004, 2:49 PM
You are probably looking in the wrong place.

You are probably looking in the Internet section with all of the other servers, right? But are you using the Internet to connect to your server? No, you aren't. You are on a Local Area Network (LAN) with your server. Therefore, look in the Local category and there you will find it.

But if it is visible over the Internet to other people, they will see your server in their Internet category, because they are connecting to your server over the Internet.
 AJL
11-22-2004, 9:32 PM
I think I have similar problem... If I make server it doesn't ever
show up in the Internet server lists (NO-ONE can see it) but it
is there in internet because peoples can connect using my IP.
It just doesn't show up in the lists...
 AAI
11-22-2004, 9:37 PM
So, what will I do to let me and others see it?
 Amidala from Chop Shop
11-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by AJL
I think I have similar problem... If I make server it doesn't ever
show up in the Internet server lists (NO-ONE can see it) but it
is there in internet because peoples can connect using my IP.
It just doesn't show up in the lists...

It looks like you have set up a LISTEN server. It is connected to the Internet but it doesn't broadcast heartbeats to the master server, so it is "invisible". However, if someone knows the IP address they can connect to it.

An INTERNET server broadcasts heartbeats to the master server, so it shows up in server browsers.

To run an INTERNET server, add +set dedicated 2 to the shortcut or commandline that launches the server. JediAcademy Runner has a radio-button control that lets you select LAN, Listen, or Internet server. +set dedicated 1 in the command line makes a Listen server.
 AJL
11-23-2004, 6:37 AM
When I add +set dedicated 2 to the command line my server
actually show up COOL! :D

But can I somehow make the normal non dedicated server
show up too ??
 AAI
11-23-2004, 7:31 AM
Where exactly do I add +set dedicated 2 to? The console when the game closes, or the server name or my application starter? Even when I do add +set dedicated 2 to any of these and set the game up as a dedicated internet server, it shows up in local.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
11-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by AAI
Where exactly do I add +set dedicated 2 to? The console when the game closes, or the server name or my application starter? Even when I do add +set dedicated 2 to any of these and set the game up as a dedicated internet server, it shows up in local.

Read it again

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
You are probably looking in the wrong place.

You are probably looking in the Internet section with all of the other servers, right? But are you using the Internet to connect to your server? No, you aren't. You are on a Local Area Network (LAN) with your server. Therefore, look in the Local category and there you will find it.

But if it is visible over the Internet to other people, they will see your server in their Internet category, because they are connecting to your server over the Internet.

Because YOU are connecting to your server on a Local Area Network (LAN), it will always be LOCAL for YOU, even if it is in the INTERNET section for OTHER PEOPLE.

+set dedicated 2 goes in the command line that starts the server. If you make a shortcut to jamp.exe or jampded.exe to launch the game, it goes at the end of the path in Target under the Properties of the shortcut.

Look here for more details

http://forums.escapedturkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=623)
Page: 1 of 1