Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Game halting when battle is finished

Page: 1 of 1
 Mobin
11-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Anyone else having problem that the game halts when a battle is finished? I get the screen with victory/defeat and sometimes the text will disappear, but the game does not continue. I have to open the task manager to kill the game. It does not happen all the time but it has become frequent in the last weeks. I can't tell if there are specific servers, but playing on some servers, the game have stopped all time, servers that this did not happen to before.

Is this a common problem? Having anything to do with playing behind a firewall or something like that ( using ports not allowed ). I'ts really annoying not being able to fully complete a battle.

I hope someone may have an answer.
 Stingray
11-20-2004, 12:38 PM
I had the same problem once today. Never happened to me before. Since I have had it only once, i'm not too worried.

I'm afraid I have no idea what could be causing the problem, but I do guess it only happens if you've got the 1.1 patch installed.

Good luck on sorting it out.
 Cpt. Bannon
11-20-2004, 12:55 PM
Doesnt this belong in the Tech Help (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=562) forum? These people make different forums for a reason...
 rambone13
11-21-2004, 6:10 AM
i've had this problem a few times and i've seen nothing yet too fix it, so i'll just deal with it for now.
 Vagabond
11-21-2004, 7:42 AM
I've been having this happen to me quite regularly lately, and I'm not sure why. It is very annoying, especialy after having had a great game, and then the game halts and I don't even get to see my stats. Not to mention my place on the server since it often is filled up by the time I get back.
 pHk
12-07-2004, 8:26 AM
I had the exact same thing just now, and I just installed the game ... Only for e it's even worse, I can't even use ctrl alt del to close the process 'cus the game is taking up a full CPU load and its not even showing the tasks dialog. Also, it froze up on me aswell during the opening movie of the campaigns.

If I want to play SWB, I have to live with the fact that I paid 50Ђ to reset my computer everytime I want to play.
 zudatron
01-01-2005, 3:39 PM
This problem happens to me 75% of the time on my clan's new server. I have to quit before the end of each level or I have to wait 10 minutes to try to get back into the server.

This is a serious problem because I have several important duties and my game problems become other people's problems as well.

The problem must be a combination of server and client because it didn't happen often on our old server, and it doesn't happen to anyone else in my clan very often.

I've tried turning off all my extra programs like my firewall. It doesn't make a difference. In fact I've tried so many things to find a workaround I can't even list them. Quitting the game with a few tickets left is the only thing close to a workaround that I know of.

I'm running Win98 SE and I don't use a gamespy ID. Those are the only substantial things that I can suggest might be the key difference between myself and others.

Any help would be appreciated.
Page: 1 of 1