Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Death To The Tabloids!

Page: 1 of 1
 Leper Messiah
11-11-2004, 12:01 PM
ugh, was reading The Sun (rupert murdoch-owned british tabloid) today and it was horrified to note how much money Halo 2 has/is set to make in britain. why? because its a "violent video game". tabloids in Britain have for a long time now thrown trumped up charges against video games (my favorite was trying to pin september 11th on microsoft flight simulator) they love their scapegoats the tabloids, and dislike anything along the lines of real evidence in any situation (unless it fits the selective criterea of supporting their point of view, being rather shakey and providing a good pun for the headline) The Sun really irritates me because it claims to be representative of the people. im usually for rational and well though out argument in this forum, but frankly id like to place a firm strateigicly placed kick to take The Suns voice of the people up a few octaves. Why the tabloids also think we wish to know everything about anything that happens to the most z-list of celebrities god only knows. just the other day a picture of Billie Piper (who? i hear you ask) walking down the street with some guy who wasnt famous commanded half a page of news. of course this is not unusual. September 11th failed to make front page news in at least one tabloid. War is an important issue but its coverage in many tabloids is minimal unless someone noteable (to the tabloids this means "british") dies, yet when David Beckham was merely suspected of having a flirting text message relationship with some girl, for nearly a fortnight there were seven pages or so of coverage every day - every day and each of the seven pages was headlined BECKHAM SEX SCANDEL - DAY X in addition to an editorial and several columns.

Insulting people is not something that should usually be done in this particular forums, but the tabloids are vermin. call the exterminators.
 kipperthefrog
11-12-2004, 5:52 AM
one tabloid said the ghost of mister Rogers is terifiyng childeren!

"his spirit is the same, but when he appears as a transparent wraith, the effect is SCARY!"

"howdy nieghbor! Can you say 'DEATH"?"

they had a picture like THIS:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/kipperthefrog/lotr/rogers_zoom2.jpg)
and they had a little girl screaming at the camera!

And I agree! they shouldn,t blame EVERYTHING on video games! there was violence long before video games were invented!:mad:
 Spider AL
11-12-2004, 8:34 AM
Well that's my pick for pic-o'-the-week.

Nice one, Kipper.
 kipperthefrog
11-12-2004, 7:32 PM
originally posted by Spider AL

Well that's my pick for pic-o'-the-week.

Nice one, Kipper.

Thanks!

Edit:

I made it MYSELF!!!

I took a color pic of Rogers and converted it to Black And White, Inverted it, and added lense flares in the eyes! presto! it lokks JUST LIKE the TABLOID PIC!!!
 Loopster
11-14-2004, 2:49 AM
Hmm, over here in the U.S., at least where I live, "tabloid" usually refers to a satirical periodical not meant to be taken seriously.

I take it "tabloid" means something different where you live?
 Leper Messiah
11-14-2004, 4:07 AM
Originally posted by Loopster
Hmm, over here in the U.S., at least where I live, "tabloid" usually refers to a satirical periodical not meant to be taken seriously.

I take it "tabloid" means something different where you live?

its a daily newspaper of fairly low calibre. generally features a woman in some state of undress on the third page
 jon_hill987
11-14-2004, 5:35 AM
Originally posted by Leper Messiah
generally features a woman in some state of undress on the third page

The only reason I will read them, its not like you can get any usefull news out of them, like you said its just what "z-list celeb A" did or more lightly did not get up to with "x-list celeb B", all a load of pure (blank)
Page: 1 of 1