Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Guri for SOTE

Page: 1 of 1
 jedispy
11-10-2004, 4:43 PM
I am trying to work on the Guri NPC for the SOTE mod. I'm getting stuck at one point. I want Guri to behave like the kyle_boss npc in the DS final level of kor2. More specifically I want Guri to use the grappling moves that kyle_boss uses. I think I found the file where this code is located, but I don't know how to read .ibi files. What software is availble for reading/editing .ibi files?

(For reference, the specific .ibi file I'm looking for is located in assets0/scripts/kor2/kyleboss_spawn.ibi)

The current guri model I have is available on my website (http://www.jedispy.com/downloads/sote/guri.pk3).

No flames. Helpful posts only please.
 razorace
11-10-2004, 5:12 PM
Check out the icarus scripts sources in the first SDK release.

As for the actual problem, I think you'll have to alter the "kyle_boss" NPC to fit your needs.
 MarcusLeCoy
11-10-2004, 5:21 PM
just some advice, its harder to put your stuff in the base when you don't put the .pk3 in a .zip file. Once you download a .zip file, it will open up to the .pk3 which makes it easy to drop into the base
 MarcusLeCoy
11-10-2004, 5:22 PM
just some advice, its harder to put your stuff in the base when you don't put the .pk3 in a .zip file. Once you download a .zip file, it will open up to the .pk3 which makes it easy to drop into the base
 jedispy
11-10-2004, 9:18 PM
From what I understand about .ibi files, they are the "AI" (not really of course) for the NPCs.

Is it possible to edit .ibi files? IF so...what program?

EDIT BELOW
O.k. I'm downloading the SDK now, so we'll see what happens. Thanks for the advice.
Page: 1 of 1