Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

does boba surive

Page: 1 of 1
 Cyborgninja
11-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Hey can anyone tell me what really happens to fett after return of the jedi???
 Shok_Tinoktin
11-09-2004, 12:08 PM
It was originally intended by GL that Boba would die from the sarlaac, but EU authors have written him as surviving, and GL says he is okay with this. Basically, he fights his way out of the sarlaac, and is picked up by Dengar. Thats about all I can remember of details, as I haven't read Tales from Jabba the Hutt's Palace in years.
 Cyborgninja
11-09-2004, 12:19 PM
thanks for clearing that up
 Lynk Former
11-09-2004, 12:26 PM
GL has also said that if he knew that Boba Fett was going to be so popular he would've made him die a more memorable death, he also said that he had an idea of actually showing Boba climb out of the pit but of course it was one of those ideas that never went anywhere since he wanted the story to have no loose ends.
 Wraith 8
11-09-2004, 1:23 PM
well the unofficial encyclopedia is a huge form of info for me :)

i copied this part wich shows some info about this incident:

Fett was thought to have been killed in the Sarlacc's acid-filled belly, but he managed to set of a series of explosions which destroyed much of the beast and allowed him to escape. Note that Marvel Comics' Star Wars issue 81 showed Boba Fett being "rescued" by the Jawas from the Sarlacc pit, only to fall back in when the Jawas' sandcrawler fell into it. He lay dying in the twin suns of Tatooine until he was discovered by Dengar and Manaroo, who recognized him by the tattered armor that still clung to his skinless body. Dengar also found Neelah,and took them both to his hideout in the desert. There, with the help of some of Jabba's medical droids, Dengar nursed Fett back to health.

here is the link to the ecyclopedia :)
http://www1.theforce.net/cuswe/)

Wraith 8
 ckcsaber
11-09-2004, 3:18 PM
Wow. People are agreeing on this. Back in 02' people would debate furiously regarding this topic.
 primalunderdog
11-09-2004, 4:43 PM
I think Dengar aided him after he escaped from the pit.
 Cyborgninja
11-10-2004, 10:09 AM
He must have got really luckly is all I can say but then again there is not luck but only the force...
 primalunderdog
11-11-2004, 7:27 AM
Dengar was cool to.He was a half cyborg.
 Astrotoy7
11-12-2004, 5:45 AM
Believe it or not, Fett makes a very quick cameo in the very final book of the NJO :)

mtfbwya
 ronbrothers
11-12-2004, 11:39 PM
In Dark Empire, the first Dark Horse comic, he comments that the sarlacc found him somewhat indigestible.
 Astrotoy7
11-13-2004, 5:59 AM
Originally posted by ronbrothers
In Dark Empire, the first Dark Horse comic, he comments that the sarlacc found him somewhat indigestible.

Yeah, that was shen he first re-appeared, which was before the "Tales from Jabbas Palace" story was released. The Bounty Hunter Wars novels outlines very clearly what happenned, and how Dengar saved fett and helped him recover.....

mtfbwya
Page: 1 of 1