Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

first appearence

Page: 1 of 1
 Leper Messiah
11-09-2004, 3:58 AM
when in the EU was the first appearence of Mara Jade? ive only read a few books and storyline wise skipped about ten or fifteen years i think between the New Rebellion and the New Jedi Order :D it was quite easy to pick up the story again, but i was wondering where the character of Mara Jade came from?

also at this point arnt our characters getting a little old? i guess thats why the Solo children have to get in on the act now :D oh and Luke will probably live as long as Yoda anyway :)
 Astrotoy7
11-09-2004, 5:20 AM
Mara Jade first appeared in Tim Zahns book, Heir to The Empire.... she is Zahn's creation, and one of the most popular EU creations ever.... of course she became so popular that in EU she is *married* to Luke Skywalker :D

Chronologically, in terms of what story goes back far enough to her first appearance, it would be the comic "Mara Jade : by the Emperors Hand" which is set in Galactic Civil War era...

Jade has become so popular that Lucasfil have hired a model to be here. This lady is Shanon Baksa, and mainly appears as jade at card and comic conventions Id say....

(she was initially used as a model in the Star Wars Card Game by Decipher. Inc)

Shannon as Jade
http://www.starwars-tw.com/expand/eu_character/mara_jade.jpg)

Shannon as Arica(jade posed as a slave girl in Jabbas palace in ROTJ era, read the Thrawn Trilogy for more !)

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/marajadeskywalker/img/eu_bg.jpg)

mtfbwya
 Leper Messiah
11-09-2004, 7:51 AM
so she's been around for some time then. i thought she just showed up and got married to Luke, but evidently not.

did she die of whatever illness she was suffering from in Vector Prime?
 Shok_Tinoktin
11-09-2004, 11:57 AM
no, she was cured by Vergere, and later with the aid of New Republic scientists (if I'm not mistaken). Read Agents of Chaos: Hero's Trial and Edge of Victory: Rebirth for more about it.

In NJO, Luke and Leia are about 45-50 and Han is a bit older than that.
 Wraith 8
11-09-2004, 1:19 PM
well in books it was zahn trilogy :) but in games :p
im playing StarWars Galaxies and if you do a certain mission for the emperor you have to get a datadisk from Mara :)

and SWG is between ep4 and ep5
 Astrotoy7
11-12-2004, 5:58 AM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
.... but in games :p
im playing StarWars Galaxies and if you do a certain mission for the emperor you have to get a datadisk from Mara :)

and SWG is between ep4 and ep5

what ! you actually get to do exciting things in Galaxies ! Surely you jest ! :p

mtfbwya
 Wraith 8
11-12-2004, 9:47 AM
?? have you played swg or only heard about it? cause i do a lot of things :) even that scares me.... i mean last time i walked through the valleys on Darthomir and i got attacked (and killed) bij 6 HUGE Rancors.
 Astrotoy7
11-13-2004, 6:28 AM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
.. i mean last time i walked through the valleys on Darthomir.....

see, you said walk....you should be strafing, ducking, rolling, jumping like a madman for it to be exciting !!!! :p

jk :D

I wouldnt mind having a go at SWG but I h'aint the time nor the money :(

mtfbwya
Page: 1 of 1