Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't choose between Republic/Seperatist troops

Page: 1 of 1
 Dooku's Brother
11-04-2004, 9:25 PM
Here's how it goes:

The game loads to Main Menu - click Start to - Profile Selection - click Player One to - Main Menu - click Single Player - click Clone Wars Campaign - The Battle of Naboo loads and click Accept - then I get theme music and a blank screen. I click the mouse once and am taken to the Battle of Naboo Seperatist Assignment screen and click Launch to - the Spawn page where I can choose which kind of droid to play.

I never have the chance, however, to choose to play the Republic.

I have the same trouble when playing the Galatic Civil War. Theme music and blank screen and never a chance to choose to play the Rebellion.

When I play in Instant Action mode I can switch back and forth between Republic/Seperatist, Rebellion/Empire.

Any ideas what's happening here? How I can fix this?
 Alegis
11-05-2004, 3:35 AM
It's supposed to be like that.

Historical campaign is that you play the side of, and the map/planet, in order of the movies. You always play the side that wins in the movies, so you need to win in order to proceed.

Normally you see a movie clip (your blank screen) of the movies before the assignment.
 Dooku's Brother
11-05-2004, 6:59 PM
Originally posted by Alegis
It's supposed to be like that.

Historical campaign is that you play the side of, and the map/planet, in order of the movies. You always play the side that wins in the movies, so you need to win in order to proceed.

Normally you see a movie clip (your blank screen) of the movies before the assignment.

I guess there is some logic to that, but why not be able to choose which side to play?

Any idea on why I not be able to see the movies?
 TK-8252
11-05-2004, 9:44 PM
Actually, you don't always play as the team that wins.

The Rebels clearly lost the Battle of Hoth, yet, you play as Rebels on Hoth in the Galactic Civil War Campaign.
 Darth Alec
11-06-2004, 11:26 AM
on historical campain you can't choose sides you'll just have follow the stream once you get to the battle of geonosis your republic and when you come to the battle of yavin 4 second part then you are rebel.
 Dooku's Brother
11-06-2004, 5:35 PM
Originally posted by Darth Alec
on historical campain you can't choose sides you'll just have follow the stream once you get to the battle of geonosis your republic and when you come to the battle of yavin 4 second part then you are rebel.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Maybe you could tell me this - how do I save a game in Historical Campaign? The manual says I'll be given the chance automically to save, but I haven't seen anything ahywhere that allows me to save anything. Where does this option appear?
 Darth Alec
11-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Dooku's Brother
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Maybe you could tell me this - how do I save a game in Historical Campaign? The manual says I'll be given the chance automically to save, but I haven't seen anything ahywhere that allows me to save anything. Where does this option appear?

OK...... for each map you complite there comes up a "do you want to save the game" screen so you can save that you have complited it, if you save it then you can play the map you last came to and the next one after, just go in on the HC screen and you can choose witch map to fight on. witch means that if you have complited 3 maps then you can go out off the game then go in and start map #4 as if you didn't go out off the game.
(ok i edited, i hadent played the game today)
 Dooku's Brother
11-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Darth Alec
OK...... for each map you complite there comes up a "do you want to save the game" screen so you can save that you have complited it, if you save it then you can play the map you last came to and the next one after, just go in on the HC screen and you can choose witch map to fight on. witch means that if you have complited 3 maps then you can go out off the game then go in and start map #4 as if you didn't go out off the game.
(ok i edited, i hadent played the game today)

Thanks for taking the time to write.

I think I've figured it out, but I stil haven't seen the save screen you speak off.

What I did find are the arrows that let your scroll through the completed maps when you launch HC.

Is everyone esle getting this "do you want to save the game" screen?

DB
Page: 1 of 1