Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A possibility *Spoiler warning*

Page: 1 of 2
 lukeiamyourdad
10-30-2004, 5:08 PM
According to the AIM Icons on the official KotOR, the masked guy appearing here:http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords/images/screenshots/PCScreens/14.jpg)
(the one standing to the left of the PC), is a mandalorian.

We never see his face. What if...he's Canderous? A Mandalore, a mask...
 Emperor Devon
10-30-2004, 5:22 PM
No, he isn't canderous. When they labeled that guy "Mandalore" They were reffering to the leader of the mandalorians, who is naturally called mandalore. He always wears a mask.

He looks like a good party member, though. :D

I wonder what did happen to Canderous...
 DarthBuzzard
10-30-2004, 5:27 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Devon
No, he isn't canderous. When they labeled that guy "Mandalore" They were reffering to the leader of the mandalorians, who is naturally called mandalore. He always wears a mask.

Mandalore is the leader of the Mandalorians, yes. However, you've got to wonder how he -does- join your party...the leader of the mandalorians must be extremely strong...:eek:
 lukeiamyourdad
10-30-2004, 5:27 PM
But it cannot possibly Mandalore...didn't Canderous or somebody said that Revan killed Mandalore?
 DarthBuzzard
10-30-2004, 5:33 PM
He did, but there must always be a leader of the Mandalorians, so a new mandalorian is made mandalore.

So your theory could be right...Canderous is the new Mandalore perhaps? :eek:
 lukeiamyourdad
10-30-2004, 5:38 PM
But then, if the Mandalore we see is in fact leader of the Mandalorians, what the hell is he doing with you instead of his men?
 DarthBuzzard
10-30-2004, 5:45 PM
Maybe an exile who retains the title to strike fear and awe into opposing peoples hearts?

Since there is nothing more for his men to do, and no more wars since the Mandalorians are nearly extinct (the war, and how many i killed in kotor :lightning) he decides he needs some action?

:eek:
 lukeiamyourdad
10-30-2004, 7:04 PM
An exile wouldn't be Mandalore anymore and it's quite possible that Mandalorians don't exile people, they execute them.

But the second theory does make sense. Maybe he'll call upon some Mandalorians to fight for you :) That would be sweet:p
 DarthBuzzard
10-30-2004, 7:10 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
But the second theory does make sense. Maybe he'll call upon some Mandalorians to fight for you :) That would be sweet:p

That actually makes loads of sense. If you watch the trailer on TSL's website, then in one scene youll see two mandalorians that are NOT hostile to you...a first :D

the speculation is killing me!
 Emperor Devon
10-30-2004, 8:57 PM
Maybe you save Mandalore's life or something... and he decides to pay you back.
 RedHawke
10-30-2004, 9:18 PM
Whatever he is he looks cool! :D
 Ragnos
10-31-2004, 2:41 AM
Since the Sith are in such a greater number than the good guys, perhaps Mandalore reunites his troops and kicks some Sith butt?
I think something like that will happen. Like in Ep 2 when the Clone Troopers arive and beats the Seperatists on Kamino.
 lukeiamyourdad
10-31-2004, 7:42 AM
But Clones are not Mandalorians. They're mindless beings just made for war. Mandalorians have a conscience at least and I have a hard time seeing how they would help the Republic.
 DarthBuzzard
10-31-2004, 7:58 AM
If you bring Canderous with you to the Mandalorian Mercenary on Manann, he will tell you that he dosen't hold a grudge to either Republic or Sith, and he works for the highest bidder. Perhaps other Mandalorians did this, and the Republic hired them.

Maybe when Mandalore saw them flocking to the Republic's cause, he brought them all together to fight for the Republic.

Unlikely, but posible. Still, where would the Republic get the money to hire Mandalorians if that is the case...
 TemporaryTomato
10-31-2004, 8:01 AM
If you talk a lot to Canderous, he tells you that Revan killed Mandalore.
He also says that he is the best mandalorian warrior, except for Mandalore himself.

AFAIK, when the Mandalore is killed(the mandalore is like the mandalorian king), the strongest warrior then takes his place. That means Candyman! :D

That's my theory, at least. Why not? Canderous was a good character, and he survived the end of the game regardless of your alignment.
 DarthBuzzard
10-31-2004, 8:04 AM
Originally posted by TemporaryTomato
If you talk a lot to Canderous, he tells you that Revan killed Mandalore.
He also says that he is the best mandalorian warrior, except for Mandalore himself(and Revan, of course).

AFAIK, when the Mandalore is killed(the mandalore is like the mandalorian king), the strongest warrior then takes his place. That means Candyman! :D

That's my theory, at least. Why not? Canderous was a good character, and he survived the end of the game regardless of your alignment.

:eek: Thats a great theory, and it also ties in with the cameo idea. Still, where does he say he is the strongest warrior?
 TemporaryTomato
10-31-2004, 8:06 AM
Originally posted by DarthBuzzard
:eek: Thats a great theory, and it also ties in with the cameo idea. Still, where does he say he is the strongest warrior?
I think it is when he tells you about some battle, and if you say the line "Yeah yeah, you were a great warrior Canderous." he replies with "Ha! I was the best! Except for Mandalore himself, of course."

Something along those lines, anyway.

edit:
If anyone is wondering why Canderous would be wearing that weird armor, it's because it's mandalorian armor.
The breathing tube stuff are for when the mandalorian warriors fight on their basilisk droids, in space(I read it on the obsidian forums).
 LukeKatarn
10-31-2004, 8:26 AM
Cool. I doubt when tehy say Mandalore they mean Mandalorian. I think the yjust couldn't fit it in at the icon screen and went mandalor instead of Mandalorian so it could be Canderous.
 TemporaryTomato
10-31-2004, 8:28 AM
Originally posted by LukeKatarn
Cool. I doubt when tehy say Mandalore they mean Mandalorian. I think the yjust couldn't fit it in at the icon screen and went mandalor instead of Mandalorian so it could be Canderous.
Akari(a programmer working at Obsidian) has confirmed that the silver armour guy is THE Mandalore. ;)
 lukeiamyourdad
10-31-2004, 8:56 AM
Then again, Canderous did say that he is tired of all the killing.
 DarthBuzzard
10-31-2004, 9:40 AM

So maybe the third best warrior in line is the one to be Mandalore...:eek:

Speculation is killing me!
 TemporaryTomato
10-31-2004, 9:41 AM

Yeah...:(

Maybe he changed his mind. ;)
 Mono_Giganto
10-31-2004, 10:24 AM
Well if he comes equipped with "Ordo's Repeating Blaster" we'll know then... :p
 *Yoinked*
10-31-2004, 10:25 AM
Yeah, but then it would be Mandalore's Heavy Repeating Blaster lol...

Of topic, what is the official date (day, hour, month, year) of the PC release??

-Yoink
 lukeiamyourdad
10-31-2004, 11:39 AM
February 2005.

That's all we know.

And lol :p It would be nice though if you could find Ordo's repeating blaster somewhere in the game.
 Mono_Giganto
10-31-2004, 12:19 PM
And if we don't, it could always be added in. :devburn:
 DarthBuzzard
10-31-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
And if we don't, it could always be added in. :devburn:

modding is magical ;) I just hope the Mandalore lives up to the name Mandalore and kills everything in his way...:devburn:
 Mono_Giganto
10-31-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by DarthBuzzard
modding is magical ;) I just hope the Mandalore lives up to the name Mandalore and kills everything in his way...:devburn:

And if he doesn't we can fix that too.:dev13:
 Aleggy
10-31-2004, 3:12 PM
i cant wait to just play the game and complete it so i know all the answers to these questions instead of clutching at straws and guessing :ball:
 FiEND_138
10-31-2004, 6:33 PM
He also said he wasn't 'ready to give up this life of killing'. ;)
what is the official date (day, hour, month, year) of the PC release??
'Expected' Feb. '05. Not sure of the day/hour, perhaps skim the LA site (though I'm not sure if it's listed there).
 Cyborgninja
10-31-2004, 6:57 PM
maybe u save him from slavers and he makes a wookie life-debt to u lol
 TemporaryTomato
11-01-2004, 3:44 AM
Originally posted by jackofblades
maybe u save him from slavers and he makes a wookie life-debt to u lol
:rolleyes:

:lol:
 william_tur
11-01-2004, 10:12 AM
how early on was the game when this picture was pulled from it. Because there are to graphical problems that trouble me. One, the red blade is off the hilt quite noticable, and the green and other red saber are passed eachother in strike mode. I know its not a big deal and that its a little off topic, but what do you guys think?
 TemporaryTomato
11-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by william_tur
how early on was the game when this picture was pulled from it. Because there are to graphical problems that trouble me. One, the red blade is off the hilt quite noticable, and the green and other red saber are passed eachother in strike mode. I know its not a big deal and that its a little off topic, but what do you guys think?
I don't see what you mean with "off the hilt", that's how the short saber hilt looks like.
The sabers not quite "lining up" happens sometimes in KOTOR. No big deal.

Something that annoys me, though, is how AA is turned off in all the screenshots...
I mean, it wouldn't hurt, would it?
[/likes eye candy]
 stingerhs
11-01-2004, 1:23 PM
Originally posted by TemporaryTomato
Something that annoys me, though, is how AA is turned off in all the screenshots...
I mean, it wouldn't hurt, would it?
[/likes eye candy]

heh, maybe they're still running 2002 model video cards (geforce4, radeon 8500, etc)....:rolleyes:
 Mono_Giganto
11-01-2004, 1:33 PM
Originally posted by stingerhs
heh, maybe they're still running 2002 model video cards (geforce4, radeon 8500, etc)....:rolleyes:

-_-

Hey I'm still running a geforce4 and the game looks fine thnk you very much. :p Although I'm picking up a new video card this weekend. :D
 william_tur
11-01-2004, 2:22 PM
what i meant by off the hilt, was in the player's red lightsaber, the beam begins emiiting half way through the hilt.
 TemporaryTomato
11-01-2004, 3:15 PM
Originally posted by william_tur
what i meant by off the hilt, was in the player's red lightsaber, the beam begins emiiting half way through the hilt.
Play KOTOR and look at the short sabers. They look like that. It's not a bug.
 UrchSr
11-02-2004, 3:33 PM
A lot of the pics also show a pretty boy with flowy blonde hair. I really hope he's not the mandalore under the helmit. Fabio with a repeater?! Come on!! Some of our female friends should be happy now. 50 year old Carth was a little creepy for a love interest.
 lukeiamyourdad
11-02-2004, 7:13 PM
Carth was 38...

And no, he wears Jedi clothes so the blonde guy is surely a Jedi. Can't be Mandalore.
 UrchSr
11-03-2004, 6:15 AM
But how old was Revan? Every one spoke to him as some child. Bastila is more than likely younger than Revan, but they are pretty close in age. If Carth is 38, how old is Dustil?

Back on topic, His name might be Disciple... Or he may be one. Jedis have apprentices, though. I can't wait to see. Thank God I have an X-Box!!:p
 lukeiamyourdad
11-03-2004, 6:23 AM
Dustil must be 15-16. In the middle of his teenage years crisis.

Bastilla is not much older then Mission so for her to have a normal relationship with Revan, she would need to be at least 18.
Revan is not referred as a child but rather as a young man/woman. That being said, for Revan to be old enough to participate in the Mandalorian wars and be a Knight at that moment, he/she would at least need to be over 25(-7 years=Mandalorian wars period meaning Revan would be 18 years old minimum but I expect he's older then that).
 Hannibal
11-03-2004, 6:34 AM
Originally posted by UrchSr
But how old was Revan? Every one spoke to him as some child.

I don't think they spoke to him as a child but more as an apprentice Jedi.

I think Bastila was older than 18. Only because of the voice they chose for her. There's some maturity in it. I think she's in her mid 20's. Remember she's not an apprentice.

As far as Dustil, there's no telling. :confused:
 lukeiamyourdad
11-03-2004, 6:58 AM
Well Mission is 14 and she does say Bastilla is not much older then her. Mid 20's would be much older in fact.
 william_tur
11-03-2004, 8:34 AM
So in addition to all the evil things Reven did before his memory loss, and in some cases after it came back; murder, genocide, betrayal we can now add statuatory.
 stingerhs
11-03-2004, 9:06 AM
hey, don't forget the fact that juhani mentioned that revan was the jedi that inspired her while she was still quite young on taris. if thats the case, then juhani must be quite young as well.
 Venom750
11-03-2004, 10:07 AM
in the prima gudie it says mission 13 years old
 lukeiamyourdad
11-03-2004, 12:19 PM
Oh right she says: "I'm almost fourthteen years old"

Thanks for the clarification:D
 UrchSr
11-04-2004, 3:19 PM
And Juhani is the only Jedi in the party that is not a padawon... Even Jolee was still one, sort of... I guess he is pretty old... He had a lot to do in his short life. What was his "rank" during the war?

Bastila is still young... But not too young... I do think her voice is of an adult, but not a mature one... more like snotty rich girl who thinks she's smart, no?

If Carth were 38, Distil could be the product of teenage pregnacy and be 20... He has to be younger, though. Carth was a career soldier/veteran. When did he have the time? It's not like he was "over seas". He was "over galaxies". What was hisvacation time like? And Lastly, Dustil was already born and old enough to know him when Carth came out of retirement to fight again... WTF!? I'm not going to worry about the timeline too much, because it could take away from the game.

Getting back on topic, I bet he's not Canderous under the mask, and I hope Canderous has a non-main story cameo.
 lukeiamyourdad
11-04-2004, 3:26 PM
And Juhani is the only Jedi in the party that is not a padawon... Even Jolee was still one, sort of... I guess he is pretty old... He had a lot to do in his short life. What was his "rank" during the war?

Jolee was a padawan during the war against Exar Kun. They were ready to promote him to full Jedi but I don't know if he accepted the title then left or left without accepting it.

Bastila is still young... But not too young... I do think her voice is of an adult, but not a mature one... more like snotty rich girl who thinks she's smart, no?

She is snotty in the game. Canderous does call her a spoiled Jedi princess.

If Carth were 38, Distil could be the product of teenage pregnacy and be 20... He has to be younger, though. Carth was a career soldier/veteran. When did he have the time? It's not like he was "over seas". He was "over galaxies". What was hisvacation time like? And Lastly, Dustil was already born and old enough to know him when Carth came out of retirement to fight again... WTF!? I'm not going to worry about the timeline too much, because it could take away from the game.

He had a wedding night you know :D
If Dustil is 16 and the Mandalorian wars were 7 years ago and lasted 2-3 years, Dustil would have been 6 years old before his father left to fight the Mandalorians. Carth would have then come back and live with him for a few years before the Rise of Revan and Malak.

Getting back on topic, I bet he's not Canderous under the mask, and I hope Canderous has a non-main story cameo.

Why? You don't like Canderous?
Page: 1 of 2