Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Warning! Gold Leader is back!

Page: 1 of 1
 Gold Squadron Leader
07-18-2001, 6:52 PM
Watch out, I'm back and I am dangerous!

I am an admin for this forum so beware. I haven't a clue how to do admin stuff, so sorry in advance if strange things happen from this point forward.

Down to business, what exactly is the current state for the RS password search? I don't know how far you have scanned since I last checked weeks ago. I have misplaced my notes but may be able to find them later. I know we scanned all the easy stuff from "A" to "ZZZZZZ" and were trying to start on the longer 7 digit combinations. Is this right?

So, if anyone is serious, and I mean really serious abotu pursuing this, please reply to this post with what range you have scanned and how far you got through that range. Thanks.

------------------
Gold Squadron. The brightest star of the Rebellion Fleet!
 Redwing
07-19-2001, 10:12 PM
Welcome back Goldie...btw I am also lost on where to start. I'm not sure which passcode ranges to check.

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
 LukA_YJK
07-20-2001, 1:30 PM
Hope to be back soon !
 Gold Squadron Leader
07-20-2001, 3:15 PM
Hmmmmmm...

My suggestion would be to start the 7 digits strings as such:

1st person starts scanning at "AAAAAAA"
2nd person starts scanning at "BBBBBBB"
3rd person starts scanning at "CCCCCCC"

Problem is since I misplaced my scan log sheet, I can't remember exactly how long it will take to scan such a range. I believe a 7 digit range such as "AAAAAAA - AZZZZZZ" will take days of scanning time. So if you can't leave it running constantly (24/7) due to other use of your PC, it will most likely take weeks to finish an assignment with off and on starts.

Now you understand why I was discouraged and gave it up for a while. Without large numbers of volunteers, it will take a long time to complete a check of all 7 digit combinations for the whole alphabet. I don't even want to think about the 8 digit ones.

I never got much response the last time I tried to start this, so I don't hold out much hope this time around. There are only a few regulars that visit this forum and all they want to do is post lots of silly dialogue. Yes, some of it is fun to read, but the responses to the passcode quest has been very weak and few show any sign of real committment to the task.

Somebody please prove me wrong!!!

------------------
 Dark Sad Shadow
07-20-2001, 6:36 PM
AAAAA-BBBBB
nothing to report
 Rogue15
07-20-2001, 6:42 PM
dark, we've already done those. we're doing the 7+ passcode combinations now, or is it 6? i can't remember.
 Gold Squadron Leader
07-20-2001, 7:32 PM
Good Grief!

Ya'll proved my point above. Nobody knows and nobody cares. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/frown.gif)

For the LAST time! Don't waste your time on the easy combinations because I checked them all a long time ago:

A-Z
AA-ZZ
AAA-ZZZ
AAAA-ZZZZ
AAAAA-ZZZZZ
AAAAAA-ZZZZZZ

------------------
 Redwing
07-20-2001, 7:56 PM
I'm having computer problems but I believe I can start checking in a few days http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

So it's now AAAAAAA-ZZZZZZZ? Seven letter combos?

------------------
 Rogue9
07-20-2001, 10:10 PM
Gold Leader if you would be so kind as to issue passcode groups to people it would help...we can really only have one person issuing them if we wish to avoid confuson.
 LukA_YJK
07-22-2001, 5:07 AM
GHQKACX is the last, as you can see in === THE BRIEFING === http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif) Sorry I can't write more http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/frown.gif)
 Gold Squadron Leader
07-24-2001, 1:42 PM
OK, here is goes. Assignments:

Redwing: AAAAAAA-AZZZZZZ
Dark Sad Shadow: BAAAAAA-BZZZZZZ
Rogue15: CAAAAAA-CZZZZZZ
Rogue9: DAAAAAA-DZZZZZZ
Gold Squadron Leader: EAAAAAA-EZZZZZZ
next person to join: FAAAAAA-FZZZZZZ

REMEMBER, these 7 digit strings will take a long time. All you have to do is write down the last code checked(Approximate of course, they go by real fast) when you need to stop, that way you can start back up where you left off. Then post any discoveries here, if you find nothing, then don't post anything till you complete the range and are ready for another assignment. Good Luck!

Gold Squadron Leader out...

------------------
 Rogue15
07-24-2001, 2:02 PM
ok...
 Rogue15
07-24-2001, 3:05 PM
Well, i search from CAAAAAA-GAQAAAA and found nothing.
 Redwing
07-26-2001, 11:12 PM
Dang! Just when my brother uninstalled Rogue Squadron! I won't even be able to start for another week! (I think) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *runs around crazily* http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)

------------------
Page: 1 of 1