Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Interestind tidbit on faamba generators...

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord JayVizIon
08-01-2001, 9:39 PM
units can double their hp when inside their faamba generators, but if damaged and enter the generators, they regain their hp slowly. doesn't that sound like the protoss from starcraft when you research that shield thingy so that protoss can double their hp as well?
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 9:52 PM
Yeah it does kind of sound like the protoss.
I don't like that their HP slowly recovers why they are in the shield. Makes no sense
 Lord JayVizIon
08-01-2001, 10:01 PM
i hear you on that kvan, but i'm thinking that gaber and co. are thinking that if you play the gungan and you have those faamba doods with your troops, that it would be cheap to always send in your troops in for rejuvenation. then there's no way of killing them. they know that in rts games, in the heat of battle you forget patience sometimes, so that probably equals out gameplay when playing gungans. you gotta admit though, that's a hell of a defense......
 Darth_Rommel
08-01-2001, 10:06 PM
Faamba's look like they might be the best of elite units :eek:
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 10:07 PM
They better have a really weak attack or low HP. That might even it out.
 Lord JayVizIon
08-01-2001, 10:11 PM
kvan, what part of cali are you from? fyi, lucasarts has a "rebel base" here in san francisco........
 Darth_Rommel
08-01-2001, 10:11 PM
They have like 300 hp, their main weakness is speed
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
They have like 300 hp, their main weakness is speed
AGH! So they do alright attack-wise?
Lord JayVizIon, yeah I know he has a "rebel base" up there :)
I'd rather not say where I'm from:) Sorry:(
 Darth_Rommel
08-01-2001, 10:16 PM
They would have to have bad attack, or they would be unbeatable :( !
 Darth_Rommel
08-01-2001, 10:18 PM
They have zero attack! (on the screenshot) Yippeeee!! :p
 Lord JayVizIon
08-01-2001, 10:20 PM
that's cool kvan

yeah, faamba's sound like they're mobile terran bunkers.....come to think of it, this game has more elements of starcraft than i would have ever imagined......
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 10:26 PM
Hey Lord JazVizIon, I've been meaning to ask you, who'd you quote in your sig.?
 Lord JayVizIon
08-01-2001, 10:29 PM
my father....

i don't know who actually said that, but it's something my father told me....
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 10:32 PM
Oh, I see.
I know I've heard it some place else....oh well.
 Lord JayVizIon
08-01-2001, 10:36 PM
i wonder what other units gungans may have? (please don't tell me jar jar is their 'elite' unit).
 Superdog
08-01-2001, 10:46 PM
yeah, faamba's sound like they're mobile terran bunkers.....come to think of it, this game has more elements of starcraft than i would have ever imagined......

Dude watch the movie, Star Wars has shields in it, they're not ripping of StarCraft by having shield generators on the back of a dinosaur. Answer me this: Did you think Episode 1 had elements of StarCraft when you watched the Fambaa shield generators go up? :confused: ESB came out before StarCraft I'm afraid.

Fambaa Shield Generators are their elite units, or Fortress units, or whatever.
 Superdog
08-01-2001, 10:48 PM
I don't like that their HP slowly recovers why they are in the shield. Makes no sense

Where did you read that? Is there a preview I haven't read?
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 10:50 PM
I think he is talking about how the shields can regenerate units HP just like the protoss shield thingy does for the protoss. Thats way he is saying they have soo much in common.
Everyone knows that ESB was before SC:rolleyes:
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 11:06 PM
And the Fambaa's are like walking Terran bunkers because they can house infantry and are gonna be hard to get through
 Lord JayVizIon
08-01-2001, 11:22 PM
Dude watch the movie, Star Wars has shields in it, they're not ripping of StarCraft by having shield generators on the back of a dinosaur. Answer me this: Did you think Episode 1 had elements of StarCraft when you watched the Fambaa shield generators go up? ESB came out before StarCraft I'm afraid.

Yes, Dood, i watched the movie. READ my post again and tell me if i said that they were ripping off starcraft. this game has similarities with both AoK and starcraft, which is combining the best of both worlds.....
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 11:25 PM
YEAH! Thats what I wanted to say, but it took me two posts to say it instead of one :)
 Lord JayVizIon
08-01-2001, 11:32 PM
it's okay kvan, dog got your point i think. i should have told him that lucasarts is around the block from here, so i've seen way more than just movies.........
 RogueJedi86
08-02-2001, 2:43 AM
Weird either the shield in the screenshot just got started or there is no visible shield,just at the top and by the way didn't the faamba shield generators in the movie consist or 2 faambas-1 that holds the shield energy shooter thingy and other that puts the shield energy into an actual shield dome? That'd be it'd be a bit more vulnerable. Just send into a crap load of troops to desroy 1 and it's screwed and maybe you have to have one of each type of faamba shield dudes selected and click a "Create Shield Button" and then it makes the shield. And the shield takes up magic/energy(like the protoss shield battery) that runs out over time so that you couldn't have it on at all times. And did the gungans in the movie even attack the droids outside the shield? nope so that most likely means they can only attack enemy units inside the shields(like the battledroids). and most likely only battledroids are allowed to get through(or stormtroppers and other basic small troops). besides booma energy would be absorbed into the shield when thrown. So there are my many ways that faamba shield generator is/could be less powerful than originally thought. Am i good or what?
 Superdog
08-02-2001, 3:18 AM
Sorry, dude, I just got a little excited when you appeared to ripping Star Wars for having shields in thier RTS because StarCraft did, I'm the kinda person whose blood pressure rises when around such outright stupidity. I'm confident Wookie Berserkers and Imperial Dark Troopers (damn they're hard to kill, one on one at least) would take out a Fambaa quickly enough. They said they have the game pretty much balanced, I believe em.
 Superdog
08-02-2001, 3:20 AM
Weird either the shield in the screenshot just got started or there is no visible shield,just at the top The thing at the top spins around and crackles and such, I've heard.
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 4:12 AM
the shield's perimeter spins on the ground while that blue sphere crackles underneath.. they use that method with base-shileds too (look closely at some screenshots)..

in Phantom Menace, they destroyed the device on the back of the fambaa. not the fambaa itself. so i guess that, once you're inside the shield, the fambaa should be your prime target.
 Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 6:29 PM
Yeah, that seems like a likely strategy, i wonder how many HP they will have.
Page: 1 of 1