Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Imperial Stormtrooper Mod: now available for download

Page: 1 of 2
 Prime
10-22-2004, 4:19 PM
Well, this mod took way longer than we had originally intended, but it is finally finished. I had fun working on it, and hopefully players will find it enjoyable. Thanks again to bneezy and Darth333 and everyone who helped make this mod a reality.

You may download when ready. :)

Warped Productions (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/games.html) (scroll down a bit)

pcgamemods.com (http://www.pcgamemods.com/8068/)
 lukeiamyourdad
10-22-2004, 4:47 PM
:worship:

nuff said.
 josho-fo
10-22-2004, 5:53 PM
Those screen shots look fantastic! Excellent job! :trooper::trooper::trooper:
 FiEND_138
10-22-2004, 5:55 PM
Amazing work guys, simply amazing.
 Xavier2
10-22-2004, 6:19 PM
An impressive accomplishment. Now this perfect solution will be also perfect fiting for the Clone Wars project and it's clone troopers.:)
 RedHawke
10-22-2004, 7:24 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

nuff said.

I agree with lukeiamyourdad completely! ;)
 FunSolo
10-22-2004, 7:53 PM
finally this one on my "longtimewanted"-list is done, thank you very much. once more you made me playing this game one more time :D

:lsduel:
 DarthBuzzard
10-22-2004, 7:59 PM

nuff said.

this warrants being quoted again.
 Colma Adawin
10-22-2004, 11:57 PM
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

there ALL MINE ALL MIN...... oh wait......so has the other million ppl round the globe :( oh well :p:p

MattCole

GR8 STUFF PRIME :D:D:D:D:D
 Darth_ToMeR
10-23-2004, 1:41 AM
The best mod so far, at least for me.
Great job!!!
 Ranger Six
10-23-2004, 1:42 AM
Impressive !!! Now go make those Clone Troopers :D .
 *Yoinked*
10-23-2004, 2:11 AM
This deserves mod of the week many times over :thumbsup:
:worship: :worship: :thumbsup:
:trooper: :trooper:
-Adam G
 Amezaroth
10-23-2004, 2:39 AM
Wow this looks too awesome...
 FunSolo
10-23-2004, 5:46 AM
tried it out last night... and i gotta say: THIS IS SOOO MUCH FUN NOW :D :D :D

it is just.. itґs just awesome :D

now all my hope belongs to xavier for the boba fett armor for canderous and iґm playing this game once more... in a dark room and popcorn :lsduel: :duel: :nut: :giggle1:
 TemporaryTomato
10-23-2004, 7:05 AM
Impressive.:darthx
 stingerhs
10-23-2004, 7:30 AM
*wipes drool from mouth*

excellent!!! great job to everyone involved!!! :D
 Mono_Giganto
10-23-2004, 7:42 AM

nuff said.
 Prime
10-23-2004, 8:00 AM
Wow! Thanks for all the wonderful comments guys! It sure is gratifying that people seem to be really enjoying this mod. For a little while there it appeared things might not come together, but I am pleased with how it turned out in the end.

I am amazed with the response it has gotten so far. Since putting it up for download last night, it already has 92 downloads on pcgamemods and another 60 or so from my site. :)

Thanks everyone for trying it out!
 Darkkender
10-23-2004, 9:27 AM
well I must say I'm one of the downloadies and while I haven't loaded into the game yet(haven't had a chance) I am completly stoked and impressed. AND TO THOSE WHO DO THE MOD OF THE WEEK this hands down should be the one.
 Sam Fisher
10-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Alright, its out :D

Good work Prime ;)
 Darth Straker
10-23-2004, 11:57 AM
Tested, and it looks AWESOME. WELL DONE!!!!!!!!
 kata_mad
10-23-2004, 12:30 PM
This might actually tempt me to start a new game!!
 90SK
10-23-2004, 12:49 PM
I agree with all the above! Superb work!
 gsb
10-23-2004, 1:54 PM
Amazing mod. Great work, and thanks!
 D4rK-R4v3N
10-23-2004, 4:51 PM
Indeed very nice job :thmbup1:
 Buffy
10-23-2004, 9:28 PM
http://img10.exs.cx/img10/2586/StormTrooper3.th.jpg) (http://img10.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img10&image=StormTrooper3.jpg)
now I really want "Blaster Rifle" too could you please make for us too?
:D
 RedHawke
10-23-2004, 9:51 PM
Originally posted by Buffy
now I really want "Blaster Rifle" too could you please make for us too?
:D

Buffy you could try out Orsans E-11 Blaster (http://kotormods.t-k.ru/mods/e-11.htm). Click on the hammer to download it.

I hope this helps! :D
 Buffy
10-23-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Buffy you could try out Orsans E-11 Blaster (http://kotormods.t-k.ru/mods/e-11.htm). Click on the hammer to download it.

I hope this helps! :D
wow ! yes thank you !:D
Mr Prime Could you Replace all sith solders gun to "Blaster Rifle" too? looks more much to Storm Troopers so .. please please
thank you ;)
http://img53.exs.cx/img53/5156/StormTrooper11.th.jpg) (http://img53.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img53&image=StormTrooper11.jpg)
 deathdisco
10-24-2004, 6:29 AM
To everyone involved with this mod.. GREAT JOB!
This will permanently be in my override folder:D :D

Hey RedHawke, I don't suppose this gives you any ideas for a new area/world. Imperial Base anyone?;)
 Prime
10-24-2004, 11:06 AM
wow ! yes thank you !:D
Mr Prime Could you Replace all sith solders gun to "Blaster Rifle" too? looks more much to Storm Troopers so .. please please
thank you ;) I'm afraid I won't be doing that. Both the blasters that Hapslah and Orsan developed use the model from Jedi Academy. It is against the EULA to port assets from one Lucasarts game to another. I respect these policies, and that is why we did not include an E-11 blaster with this mod.

It is unfortunate that things are this way, but I've chosen not to violate these policies. Sorry.
 Buffy
10-24-2004, 6:27 PM
but I Noob so still dont understand
storm Trooper can replace but Blaster Rifle can not replace :(
if you make own Blaster Rifle like Storm Trooper Armour then you can replace Totally ? you dont have to use He's convert from JA so
Could you make your own rifle for us ?? :rolleyes:
thank you
 Mav
10-24-2004, 9:23 PM
Exceptional mod and great work Prime and bneezy, but if you don't mind me asking what line or lines do I need to edit or add in my current appearrence.2da and heads.2da file, in order for them to be compatible with my current .2da files, correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see instructions in the readme, thanks in advance and once again great mod.
 RedHawke
10-24-2004, 9:34 PM
^^^^
Well since they alter the Sith appearances you probably will have to alter your appearance.2da lines that are for the Sith Troopers. And just add the new heads.2da entry to your heads.2da and referr the new number you come up with to the appropriate Sith Trooper lines in appearance.2da.

I'm just guessing though as I haven't done this myself yet, I'm still just playing around with the ST Helmet and Armor, saying "Ohh, Ohh... Ahh, Ahh" and "Sweet!" waaaay too much! :D
 Mav
10-24-2004, 9:54 PM
I was guessing it was along those line, but I don't wanna guess and mess everything up.
 Prime
10-25-2004, 6:25 AM
but I Noob so still dont understand
storm Trooper can replace but Blaster Rifle can not replace :( It was possible to do the stormtrooper because we didn't have to use any Lucasarts files from other games. The armour consists of the standard KOTOR heavy class 9 armour model, and the custom texture that I created from scratch. The helmet model was also a custom job created by Hapslash for JA and ported by bneezy. Then I created a new texture more or less from scratch to make it look better (hopefully) in KOTOR and to match the armour.

To my knowledge no one has made a custom E-11 blaster model, so that means we would end up having to use the JO/JA one. This is against Lucasarts policy, which is why we won't do it.

if you make own Blaster Rifle like Storm Trooper Armour then you can replace Totally ? you dont have to use He's convert from JA so
Could you make your own rifle for us ?? :rolleyes:
thank you Since I am not a model, no I can't make my own rifle. If someone else were to make a custom E-11 model from scratch, we might consider it. Until that time, unfortunately there won't be a E-11 mod supplied by us for the stormtrooper mod.

If you are really desperate, you can find and download Orsan's converted E-11 mod. It uses the JA model, which is why we don't use it.

Originally posted by maverick187
if you don't mind me asking what line or lines do I need to edit or add in my current appearrence.2da and heads.2da file, in order for them to be compatible with my current .2da files RedHawke is correct. IIRC there are two lines relating to Sith troopers that were altered. I can't remember the exact names, but I think they were something like sith_trooper_02 (around lines 35-45 or so) and lite_sith_trooper (around line 350?). The lines alter the model and texture entries so that they point to the heavy armour (PMBH or something?). Have a look in there, and if you still can't figure them out PM me and I'll dig out the fines and get the exact locations for you. :)

I think the heads.2da just adds a new head for the sith trooper replacement.
 Darth333
10-25-2004, 8:05 AM
To save you some work Prime and since those values were fresh in my mind, here are the modifications that need to be brought to appearance.2da if someone wishes to combine this mod with other mods using this file:

Lines to be modified:

line 28 Sith_Soldier_01
line 44 Sith_Soldier_02
line 261 Sith_soldier_03
line 338 Lite_Sith_Soldier

In each of these lines, the following columns were modified:

- normalhead: enter value from heads.2da - value entered 107
- backuphead (if you don't add a value in this column then sith soldeirs will be headless when you wear the armor) - value entered: 107 (corresponding line in heads.2da )
- modela
- texa
- modelb
- texb

- and finally change the cvalue in the race column for Lite_Sith Soldier (line 338) from L_Sith_Soldier to N_SithSoldier or you'll end up with invisible npcs and game crashes when you meet them.

- Heads.2da add a line with the SITHA04 value in the head column - make sure the value you enter in appearance.2da for the head corresponds to this line (in the present mod, value is 107)
 ChAiNz.2da
10-25-2004, 8:39 AM
Originally posted by Darth333

- backuphead (if you don't add a value in this column then sith soldeirs will be headless when you wear the armor) - value entered: 107 (corresponding line in heads.2da )

- and finally change the cvalue in the race column for Lite_Sith Soldier (line 338) from L_Sith_Soldier to N_SithSoldier or you'll end up with invisible npcs and game crashes when you meet them.

Thanks Darth333! I had edited my own .2da but I missed these 2 tid-bits :eek:

FYI, my party has completed Taris without these 2 edits and everything worked fine, BUT I didn't have the trooper armor either (just the disguise). Trying not to "sneak" me a suit till I get it legit (I'm guessing the Leviathan)... :D

------------
Fantastic mod Prime & bneezy, as I commented at PCGM, it took me TWICE as long to get through Taris this time...just admiring the new 'scenery'... mmmmm...eye candy

Yeah, and [fake sarcasm] Thanks [/fake sarcasm] for raising the bar for future mods ;) and I was just getting the hang of it... heh Super mod to all involved in it's creation! :)
 Prime
10-25-2004, 9:15 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
To save you some work Prime and since those values were fresh in my mind... Thanks Darth333. :) It has been a while since I played around with those files. Having several mods on the go has caused everything to sort of blur together in my head. :D

This will be a great help to others who need to do the same thing...
 Buffy
10-25-2004, 12:41 PM
Im really happy so much with your Armour and He's Helmet ;)
I can wait till someone make Rifl for KOTOR too ;) :band1
 lukeiamyourdad
10-25-2004, 4:51 PM
Why not ask the Galactic Conquest guys? I don't know where their model for the E-11 comes from but it's worth asking.

http://www.galactic-conquest.net/)
 bneezy
10-25-2004, 5:29 PM
Since I am not a model, no I can't make my own rifle.
LOL, I don't know what that has to do with the rifle, Prime. Although, I haven't seen any of the MODs those girls from Victoria's Secret are putting out.
 Prime
10-25-2004, 5:52 PM
Originally posted by bneezy
LOL, I don't know what that has to do with the rifle, Prime. Although, I haven't seen any of the MODs those girls from Victoria's Secret are putting out. Curse my lack of spelling ability! :D

And they don't have to put out any mods if the don't want to. ;)
 Mav
10-25-2004, 8:42 PM
Thank you Prime and Darth333, you both prove to consistently be very helpful and once again very good work!!
 bneezy
10-26-2004, 5:27 AM
One thing I love about Star Wars is stormtroopers, regardless of whether they can hit anything or not.
This (http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/recruitment) may clear some things up.

"Get this man a sniper rifle!"

I am still in awe of those skins, Prime. Awesome work.
 TheOutrider
10-26-2004, 5:31 AM
This (http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/recruitment) may clear some things up. Atomfilms.com is friggin cool man, I go there everyday to play madness interactive

[ontopic]Once again you have done awesome work prime
 Prime
10-26-2004, 8:03 AM
Thanks again for the kind praise.

I've started on the clonetrooper skin and it is coming along. I'll post screenshots when I get something more presentable. :)
 TemporaryTomato
10-26-2004, 10:35 AM
This (http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/recruitment) may clear some things up.

"Get this man a sniper rifle!"

Bwahaha!:rofl: :rofl:

Oh yeah, great stormies Prime! :)
 Harker
10-26-2004, 2:10 PM
Originally posted by Prime
I've started on the clonetrooper skin and it is coming along. I'll post screenshots when I get something more presentable. :)

CRAP... now I will have to wait for the clone trooper helmet to continue playing my game!! DAMN YOU AND YOUR TALENTS SIR!
 Mono_Giganto
10-26-2004, 3:30 PM
Great work Prime, but yes I too must wait for the helmet now....

btw, TheRealJediDude check here (http://www.madnesscombat.com). :)
 gsb
10-26-2004, 4:26 PM
I noticed going through the Starforge that a handful of Sith troops had an odd bug where their armor was just completely black -- not textured black, I mean black-hole black. I'm using the mod-supplied appearances.2da file. Wondering if anyone else had this issue. It's the ONLY issue I noticed with the mod (this is not a criticism in any way, shape or form. I think the mod is incredible. I just wondered if this was something others had a problem with on that particular level or not -- it's certainly possible it's just a conflict with some of the other mods I'm running).
Page: 1 of 2