Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Very lame

Page: 1 of 1
 TK2216UKG
10-22-2004, 12:35 AM
Last night we had a guy on UKGarrison.com_-_Training, I think he was called Boomer. Anyway, very lame tactics used there. He camped beside the single remaining rebel command post waiting for players to respawn then blasted them with his AT-ST.

Absolutely nobody could play until this joker was wasted. :mad:

Oh for a server that you can use to kick individual players! :D
 grep
10-22-2004, 2:47 AM
Spawn rapin' has been increasingly growing in alot of the public servers lately and it was bound to happen. One bad thing about not being able to cap a point while in a vehicle. Someone could literally just sit there and kill all day long without capping.

The devs really need to take a look at vehicle damage as well.. In my opinion, its way too tough for infantry to take out a vehicle and even when you're in a vehicle, the amount of damage that you can take and dish out goes on for way too long.

I hope future patches address this as it sometimes does ruin a good game. I've seen games literally last 1-2 minutes because of situations like this. no fun in that...
 subs0nic
10-22-2004, 2:56 AM
Add to that the fact that vehicle repair droids are often placed so that you can spawncamp while getting repaired continuously...
 Stingray
10-22-2004, 3:22 AM
Indeed the drawback of not being able to capture spawnpoints while in a vehicle is a the risk of spawnkilling. I do however think it's a good feature, since ppl are actualy vulnerable when they want to capture a spawnpoint. This way you need to think twice before trying to capture a spawnpoint and often it's smarter to wait for backup; adds a bit of the need for tactics.

The new patch will make spawning players invincible for a couple of seconds. This is the countermeasure for spawnkilling. With that fix, I think spawnkilling is taken care of enough. Time to move on to other exploits and bugs.
 TK2216UKG
10-22-2004, 3:39 AM
Originally posted by grep
In my opinion, its way too tough for infantry to take out a vehicle and even when you're in a vehicle, the amount of damage that you can take and dish out goes on for way too long.

I agree completely. It took three or four rockets to take that AT-ST out. :rolleyes:

It has to be said though that the explosions in this game are absolutely awesome. :D
 Pho3nix
10-22-2004, 3:39 AM
Originally posted by subs0nic
Add to that the fact that vehicle repair droids are often placed so that you can spawncamp while getting repaired continuously...

Yeah, that's true also. Alot of spawn killing/camping occurs on public servers
 Stingray
10-22-2004, 4:49 AM
One rocket at the repair droid usually does the trick. In most cases the repair droids aren't repaired by pilots.
 [the]$heriFF
10-22-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by TK2216UKG

It has to be said though that the explosions in this game are absolutely awesome. :D

RgR that :D :cool:

:jawa
 Iceman_IX
10-23-2004, 3:41 PM
The new patch should ameliorate some of these problems. I often destroy repair/heal/ammo droids that I have no intention of using. One of the first things I do at the last few CPs is destroy the droids.
 Vigil
10-26-2004, 9:07 AM
Originally posted by grep
Spawn rapin' has been increasingly growing in alot of the public servers lately and it was bound to happen. One bad thing about not being able to cap a point while in a vehicle. Someone could literally just sit there and kill all day long without capping.

The devs really need to take a look at vehicle damage as well.. In my opinion, its way too tough for infantry to take out a vehicle and even when you're in a vehicle, the amount of damage that you can take and dish out goes on for way too long.

I hope future patches address this as it sometimes does ruin a good game. I've seen games literally last 1-2 minutes because of situations like this. no fun in that...

This is why my favourite maps are all light to no vehicles.
On the editing forum we have someone who has removed flight restrictions on all the maps and expanded it all for more vehicle-centric combat- To me there is too much going on with the vehicles. You can be a pilot, grab a hover tank or walker or whatever and just cause havok for a long damn time with the way vehicles are now-
I want all my maps re-built so that they are all city type maps with no // very little vehicle support. :)

Vigil
 Masterme5
10-27-2004, 12:41 AM
I feel sorry for you. it was NOT me... It would be wurse if it was hes teammates... to bad that it was no other commandpost's left.
 mrflippy
10-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Stingray
One rocket at the repair droid usually does the trick. In most cases the repair droids aren't repaired by pilots.

In most cases no droids are repaired by pilots :(
Page: 1 of 1