Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

can anyone tell me how to use in game chat?

Page: 1 of 1
 skatea23
10-17-2004, 7:05 AM
When I play online multiplayer, I can't get chat to work. I've tried using the type caht, type team chat, and voice chat but none of them garner any responses. I have a feeling people are ignoring my text messages and that voice chat is not set up right. So I thought I would try asking in here if anyone knows how to set up voice chat and then I could try that and see if anyone responds.
 Alegis
10-17-2004, 7:09 AM
text chat does not work in SP.
So in MP, look in controls and assign the buttons again for chat and teamchat

Then press on one of thosebuttons and you'll see SAY:
type something, press enter. yellow for general chat green means teamchat.

Are you able to see other chatmessages?

You can't see your own "Follow me!" etc
 skatea23
10-17-2004, 7:18 AM
i've never seen anyone else chatting (except once when we were voting to boot someone). i've been able to see my own text messages but since i never got anyone to reply i assume that other can't
 Alegis
10-17-2004, 8:52 AM
erm if you can see em, others can as well. They were just ignoring you. People prefer to play rather than to chat
 skatea23
10-17-2004, 10:18 AM
i just thought the whole point of this game was to cooperate as a team. hard to do that when no one even communicates :(
 Mr Wolf
10-17-2004, 7:37 PM
Yeah, I thought that this game was coming with a voice chat system built in.

Thanks again Lucasarts. :rolleyes:

I agree that we need to be able to communicate to enjoy this game, but to stand still and chat is suicidal.

And people chatting in the game is distracting.

And in my opinion ruined Jedi Academy.

A bind system would be helpful, but that doesnt seem to be built into game, though I have seen people use them.

My clan uses TeamSpeak, and we own any map we are on because of our ability to cooperate.

It is a feature that will hopefully be added in a future patch when Lucasarts decide to complete Battlefront
 Alegis
10-18-2004, 4:43 AM
No they took out voice chat before release because it wasn't that good and "PC users can use programs like TeamSpeak anyways" so i doubt they'll include it
Page: 1 of 1