Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

+20 pazaak card

Page: 1 of 1
 Tom Strong
10-12-2004, 8:43 AM
I was wondering if it is possible to create a +20 pazaak card?
 Airrazor
10-12-2004, 9:27 AM
i dont think that that is posible to acomplish
 MTV2
10-12-2004, 4:05 PM
it might be possible if you find the script and play with it a bit

or

find the .2da file and change the value
 KnightFxr
10-12-2004, 8:42 PM
question... even if it were possible, wouldn't a +20 card be pointless? if you start with a card, even if its a 1, dropping a +20 card will put you over. just a thought...

you might want to try a +10, +15 or even +19 if thats the effect your going for (and if i can be done)
 Achilles
10-12-2004, 9:11 PM
Originally posted by KnightFxr
question... even if it were possible, wouldn't a +20 card be pointless? if you start with a card, even if its a 1, dropping a +20 card will put you over. just a thought...

you might want to try a +10, +15 or even +19 if thats the effect your going for (and if i can be done) You spoiled all my fun! I wanted to see Tom's first post after he used his +20 card for the first time and now you've ruined it...

:D:D:D
 KnightFxr
10-12-2004, 9:19 PM
You spoiled all my fun! I wanted to see Tom's first post after he used his +20 card for the first time and now you've ruined it...

hahaha... my bad. i just thought id give a brother a hand so that he doesn't waste a whole lot of time working on a mod that doesn't solve much of anything.

of course... the joke would have been funnier :D :D
 Achilles
10-12-2004, 9:25 PM
Originally posted by KnightFxr
hahaha... my bad. i just thought id give a brother a hand so that he doesn't waste a whole lot of time working on a mod that doesn't solve much of anything.

of course... the joke would have been funnier :D :D No worries...you did the right thing.

....would've been funnier than a mutha though....

Tom, 10's come out a lot. How about a +/- 10 card for the collection?
 RedHawke
10-12-2004, 9:59 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
Tom, 10's come out a lot. How about a +/- 10 card for the collection?

That +/- 10 card idea sounds good to me! :D
 Tom Strong
10-13-2004, 5:15 AM
Can someone edit the script so the player get's a 10 automatically each hand given. where is the pazaak game script located? I found the 2da f ile but edited +0
 monkey joe
10-17-2004, 5:59 PM
What would be really cool is if you changed you deck (if possible) to make every card a 20, so you would already win, it would be kinda funny though, you might as well put in the credits cheat:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 Darkside_tanro
11-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Whats the point in playing pazaak if you allways win and there is no challenge?
 Mono_Giganto
11-05-2004, 7:52 PM
Originally posted by Darkside_tanro
Whats the point in playing pazaak if you allways win and there is no challenge?

Money. And stuff.
 RedHawke
11-05-2004, 8:03 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Money. And stuff.
Don't forget the fact of actually being able to win the lousy game! :mad:

Can you sense that I somewhat dislike Pazaak?

:D
 ChAiNz.2da
11-05-2004, 8:20 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Don't forget the fact of actually being able to win the lousy game! :mad:

Can you sense that I somewhat dislike Pazaak?

:D
I feel your pain I think I've maybe won 3 times?!? Too bad you can't have the Zhaalbar play...

"I suggest a new strategy...let the wookiee win..." :wookiee:
 Darkside_tanro
11-12-2004, 10:03 AM
You guys suck.... not literally but i dont suppose you have ever played blackjack? Its almost the same concept. You just need skill and to be to be able to count random numbers generator algorithmns in your head..... Rofl. But seriusly pazaak is a mini game, its supposed to be fun and challenging... As for the money, if you have skill at pazaak you can win.
 whitguy
11-12-2004, 10:35 AM
You guys suck.... not literally but i dont suppose you have ever played blackjack? Its almost the same concept. You just need skill and to be to be able to count random numbers generator algorithmns in your head..... Rofl. But seriusly pazaak is a mini game, its supposed to be fun and challenging... As for the money, if you have skill at pazaak you can win.

theres like 20% skill in the game any way so the rest is just luck (and the 20% skill i was talking about is just being able to do math so theres really nothing to the game in the first place) and after a long time of bad luck the game really gets boring so i would have to agree with RedHawke.

:firehead :lightning

:newbie:
 Mono_Giganto
11-12-2004, 11:05 AM

I'm good at blackjack, but this whole "you get 4 cards and I get four cards to change my total" thing is different. I'm not used to the other player having the right card in his hand at all times. :D
 ChAiNz.2da
11-12-2004, 12:00 PM
You guys suck....
When it comes to Pazaak...yup. Of course I hate the mini-game(s) with a passion, so I've never concerned myself too much over it ;)

Too bad the programmers didn't devote their time and resources into better UV Maps (especially lightsaber hilts) rather than on the both equally sucky mini-games in KotOR...which IMHO are as useless as Jar Jar was to Ep.I :rolleyes:

:gungan: :fire2:
 Hannibal
11-12-2004, 1:32 PM
You just need skill and to be to be able to count random numbers generator algorithmns in your head..... Rofl. But seriusly pazaak is a mini game, its supposed to be fun and challenging... As for the money, if you have skill at pazaak you can win.

Only problem is KOTOR is a video game not a card game. If I want to become skilled at a card game I'll go to Vegas and lose my shirt (and pants) over and over again.

I gave up on Pazaak along time ago when I had 19s and the opponent would always suspiciously get 20s no matter what they had. That pissed me off. Stupid pazaak :mad: :mad: :mad: ....

Ok, calm, calm.....
 whitguy
11-12-2004, 7:47 PM
i agree with hannibal on this one i mean you can't get skill when your on a chence game on the computer because the computer has all control see the part were hannibal say "I had 19s and the opponent would always suspiciously get 20s no matter what they had" and so you could lose every time and it really gets annoying

Only problem is KOTOR is a video game not a card game. If I want to become skilled at a card game I'll go to Vegas and lose my shirt (and pants) over and over again.

I gave up on Pazaak along time ago when I had 19s and the opponent would always suspiciously get 20s no matter what they had. That pissed me off. Stupid pazaak ....

so what im now going to say is... IS I HATE PAZAAK

:newbie:
 RedHawke
11-12-2004, 8:16 PM
Hmm... so I'm not alone in my dislike of Pazaak after all. :D
You guys suck....
When it comes to Pazaak... :roleyess:
 monkey joe
11-12-2004, 8:25 PM
Well I don't really hate it its just a waste of time.
You could go to tatooine and go sand-people hunting and get 4x as much money so its not exactly about the money.

This is a little off the topic but just mini-games in general are sorta fun even in games like this. You can hate pazaak but its just wrong when it comes to hating mini games they let you loosen up after stressfully saving the universe.
(in mgs3 you get to catch monkeys, yes MONKEYS!!!!)
 whitguy
11-15-2004, 9:23 AM
ya i geuss your right about the mini games but that still dousn't take away my hatered for the game and i would have to agree with some you were saying its not like i would kill the game if i could its just a wast of time and gets really annoying.

FIRST THIS
:lsduel:
THEN THIS
HAHAHAHA
11-15-2004, 9:34 AM
Don't worry Pazaak will soon get interesting ;) *pokes tk102*
...more to be revealed soon...
Page: 1 of 1