Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Malak's saving throws

Page: 1 of 1
 Achilles
10-10-2004, 1:50 AM
I'm pretty sure that I already know that answer to this, but I thought I would put it out there to see if someone can either confirm or deny my suspicions.

Ok, so we all know that saving throws are determined by class, level, attribute modifers, and in some cases items (i.e. CNS strength enhancer, Karakan gauntlets, etc).

Our PC (and our party NPCs) start off with these values set to 0, and saving throws are assigned "naturally" (meaning via the means outlined above).

Darth Malak on the other hand has a bit of an advantage. His Leviathan utc file has Fortitude, Reflex, and Will all set to 10. With class and level factored in, his saving throws are 18, 18, and 16 respectively. With attiribute modifers factored in, his saving throws are 22, 22, and 18 respectively.

On the Star Forge, his saving throw are set to 17, 12, and 13. With the gravy, he's weighs in at 38, 28, and 24.

So the question is: Am I figuring this all correctly?
 RedHawke
10-10-2004, 2:46 AM
Looks and sounds right to me! :D
 Achilles
10-10-2004, 3:07 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Looks and sounds right to me! :D That's what I was afraid of. Thanks, Redhawke.
 RedHawke
10-10-2004, 3:45 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks, Redhawke.

Yup... you can pretty much forget about hitting Malak with Force Powers, and even some grenades and mines. :D
 Achilles
10-10-2004, 3:55 AM
Makes you wonder why they would even bother creating the Consular class, since Malak is practically immune to force powers.
 RedHawke
10-10-2004, 4:08 AM
^^^^
I don't know either, but the Counselar is part of the D20 system so thats what Bioware had to deal with when they licenced and used the crappy WotC D20 system, things like this would have never happened with the WEG D6 system.
 Achilles
10-10-2004, 4:25 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
^^^^
I don't know either, but the Counselar is part of the D20 system so thats what Bioware had to deal with when they licenced and used the crappy WotC D20 system, things like this would have never happened with the WEG D6 system. Well, I don't know about all of that, but I will tell you that it really...upsets me...that your NPCs won't attack an enemy if you stun them before they can get an attack in.
 RedHawke
10-10-2004, 4:38 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
Well, I don't know about all of that, but I will tell you that it really...upsets me...that your NPCs won't attack an enemy if you stun them before they can get an attack in.

Yup, that is really annoying... hopefully that will be addressed/corrected for TSL.
 deathdisco
10-10-2004, 7:12 AM
That's why I don't play as a Consular. It's cool up to the final confrontation but force powers are useless against Malak.

I would recomend to anyone who plays as a Consular to invest in the "Force Speed" line of powers. Master Force Speed give you an extra two attacks per round. Helpful if you're limited on feats.

Jedi Guardian + master flurry + master force speed = as the kids would say "pwns":D

Count Dooku: It is obvious this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force... but by our skills with a lightsaber.
 90SK
10-10-2004, 12:24 PM
I played a consular the first time I went through KotOR (without mods or cheats, I might add:p ) and I found the best way to beat him was a combination of lightsaber throw, force heal, running away, and master flurry. Not exactly the most nobel way to do it, but it had results!:D
Page: 1 of 1