Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Invalid CD Key

Page: 1 of 1
 Circuit Breaker
10-09-2004, 2:02 PM
Maybe someone here can help. I purchased the game today at Best Buy. I try to install the game and it keeps telling me the key is invalid. I'm entering it EXACTLY as it appears on the back of the jewel case. I even went back to Best Buy and exchanged the game for another copy and I get the same damn "invalid key" message.
 Circuit Breaker
10-09-2004, 2:35 PM
So far this is the biggest waste of a game I've ever bought. The stupid thing won't even let me install it and LucasArts Tech Support is useless. I mean, geez, I paid $50 for this damn game and I can't even enjoy until someone from Lucas Arts decides to respond to my e-mail... IF they ever respond. And another thing, you would think with all the money that George Lucas is raking in that he could afford a TOLL FREE technical support hotline. What a tight ass.
 SudoBendu
10-09-2004, 5:09 PM
Same story here. Purchased the game today (10/9/2004) at Best Buy...
 Alegis
10-09-2004, 11:20 PM
Lucasarts does not equal Lucasfilm. George Lucas isnt responsible for making these games, remember that.

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137537)
It took me a while to realize that I was putting a 1 intead of a l. There are no l's or o's, 1's and 0's, yes.

or best buy has a faulty shipment...
 AnderScootDav
10-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Got mine at BestBuy today and my Cd-Key isn't working either.
 AnderScootDav
10-10-2004, 3:24 PM
Lucas Arts Tech Support just replied to my email. On a Sunday no less. Hopefully I'll figure out what was wrong soon. I had to send them some additional info.
 Vigil
10-10-2004, 8:49 PM
Bought not ONLY star wars battlefront but also upgraded my video card today so that I could play it and I'm getting exactly the same problem. Best Buy... Sounds like maybe they are the problem.. There are no 1's or 0's or O's or I's in my key.. I've entered it how it appears but it is not working.

Vigil
 Vigil
10-11-2004, 7:53 AM
Well. Lucasarts got back to me within a few hours, verified my bad CD Key and sent me a new one (and yes it works :) ). I'm pleased with the response time.

Vigil
 BuckeyeRowe
10-15-2004, 6:28 PM
Well. Lucasarts got back to me within a few hours, verified my bad CD Key and sent me a new one (and yes it works ). I'm pleased with the response time.

Vigil

HOPE!! I got my copy at Best Buy and I couldn't get the code to work either. I've sent LucasArts an e-mail...I may just get a new code.
Page: 1 of 1