Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Weird Lagging Problem In-Game

Page: 1 of 1
 modu
10-05-2004, 5:15 PM
I just bought the game, updated it and all, but for some reason, there is some lag. I can't understand why this would be happening, since i was able to run doom 3 at medium settings, and there was no issue, while this game i am running at lowest settigns, and it STILL lags. is this a problem with the game or with how i installed it, seeing as it is on my second hard disk, not my primary. or is it just a pc problem?

my video card is a radeon 9200 atlantis, and, as i said, all my games can run on high settigns on it, so why can't this one?
 Admiral Ra
10-06-2004, 2:39 AM
It seems to be a problem with the game itself. Since i bought the game, i myself haven't played multiplayer. It's virtually impossible.

Hope they release a patch for it soon. :(
 modu
10-06-2004, 7:45 AM
phew. thats a relief. i thought it was a problem with my pc. If it is indeed an in-game issue, then yes, i hope they do release the patch, causer this is truely a good game, and i wan't to be able to play it
 Alegis
10-06-2004, 7:47 AM
this is only for MP (fps cap at 30). SP works fine for me
 modu
10-06-2004, 4:11 PM
how can i make the game display the fps, cause i am actually curious about what i am getting. i haven't even tried multiplayer, cause my sp is lagging
 DW4Yoda
10-07-2004, 7:43 AM
I 'THINK' it might be your card. I have a radeon 9200 and it wont play SWBF on high settings. Have you tried auto detect in the Video options panel? I also leave all the Catalyst settings on default and it seems to run OK.
Incidently, I am not a h/c gamer but I decided to re-install Quake III arena now almost 5 years old, just as a comparison and it just whizzed around w/o any probs, it was fast, the graphics were great, no lag. I can't say that SWBF shows a five year advance in quality and I would go along with many folks opinion that it was rushed out full of bugs. JMHO
 general griff
10-18-2004, 3:03 PM
i too get this weird lagging problem

My single player runs like a dream. How do you uncap the framerate? Anyone know?
Page: 1 of 1