Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't connect to any server at all :( help!

Page: 1 of 1
 Ryoga
10-05-2004, 2:09 PM
Can't connect with any servers, I'm using ASE and the in game browser, the effect is the same. I get a connect window with BUSY and a counter, but nothing happens besides that :(. What can be wrong??. I have a norton firewall, but I configured it to let through my battlefront. Does anyone had a familiar problem? or maybe someone knows how to get rid of it??

p.s o I forgot, I'm using the new patch, but with the earlier version of the game I exprerienced the same thing.
 Naturalkilla
10-05-2004, 3:05 PM
i have the same problem but it says cheking for patch then a messagen come hat say that i have to download a patch and i put yes and start counting and when it reach 70 or 80 it says error procciding patch

yesterday i downloaded the patch but today it askme to downloade i dont know what the hell is happening
 ExSQUEEZEme!
10-05-2004, 4:32 PM
Same..

Someone said that you should delete old patch from memory card and It'll work, but trust me, dont try it...it doesnt. I reset my router, ps2, comp (lol) EVERYTHING there IS to reset, and I still have to wait 75 seconds for EACH msg to come up...

Infuriating.
 Ryoga
10-05-2004, 4:47 PM
eech it seems that this connection problem is very common (I checked it out on other forums) and unfixable. I guess the only thing we can do is to wait for a new patch (newer than 1.00a that is). It wreally pisses me off coz I know this game is gonna be great online ! It's wreally amazing, that pandemic sells a game with such big bugs in it :(.
 Naturalkilla
10-05-2004, 5:48 PM
me too i did that and nothing thats sux but oh well we have to wait then
 Iceman_IX
10-05-2004, 6:17 PM
What platform is this for? PS2? I have PC and I had this same problem the first day. But since then it's been fine.

Try other servers and try without your firewall (quickly :D ) see if that helps.
Page: 1 of 1