Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Shader Help???

Page: 1 of 1
 bael1
10-04-2004, 1:49 PM
okay here's what i want to do,

i want to make a shader like alternate pictures, to show like a random, sequence of colors or pictures i alreay have setup.
hmmm very vague, i'll describe exactly want to do an maybe you'll get it, right i am making new saber color/glows etc, and i want one of the sabers i am making to change colors, so like say i decided to change the red saber, to make it multi-colored, so i'd make gfx/effects/sabers/red_line.jpg all white.

and then i'd get all the glows from the other sabers, red_glow2 - blue_glow2 - yellow_glow2 - green_glow2 - purple - glow2 - orange_glow2 - i will also be makin more glows so there will be more colors on it, all those files are in the same folder as the red_line.jpg, in assets1, and make them alternate on the red_line pic, so it would be just same as normal shader except it will switch between all the different glows of all the other sabers, hence t will be a multi colored flashing saber.

does this make sence to anyone lol????
please say it does, and if you can help, please just tell me commands that i can experiment with in notepad with the shader.
all the shaders commands i know, i learnt from looking at other shaders, with effects similar to the one i want, an then just experiment with the commands till i get what i want, BUT i have never seen a shader/effect like this on anything else, so im lost :(

please help,

thanx
 minilogoguy18
10-12-2004, 2:22 PM
in force mod III they do this its called RGB saber i think it also comes as a separate mod the blade looks like all the colors are just swirling together and randomly cycling through eachother at the same time i know you can find it on jk3files but if that doesnt work get force mod III thats easy to find and it has alot of other cool features
Page: 1 of 1