Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The game reboots the PC!

Page: 1 of 1
 Martinski
09-23-2004, 6:55 AM
When i play sometimes the computer just reboots with no reason at all. And no overheating problem. The funny thing is when i unplug the network cable i does'nt
reboot. :|

I have Geforce4 Ti4600 Latest drivers
Win XP SP2
Direct X 9.0C

What is the darn problem.
:mad:
Patch PLZ!!
 Sam Fisher
09-23-2004, 6:58 AM
That's weird... I guess they do have a few things to fix.
 Whoopknacker
09-23-2004, 11:49 AM
I have had it crash to desktop once while I was playing online. Again another item on the bug list for multiplayer. Hopefully after the multiplayer issues are dealt with they will work on the interior of the vechiles :barf::atat:
 JohnnyGFX
09-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Mine was randomly rebooting on me. But then I installed DirectX 9.0c (hadn't noticed a new version and was running 9.0b)... Then that seemed to have stopped... But now it crashes to the desktop after the endor mission in the Galactic Conquest playmode (singleplayer playmode)... It's not like it does it once though... It does it every single time I win the map.
 bozac44
09-25-2004, 12:53 AM
Same here, every time I click the launch .exe, my machine reboots.
Not to windows, it turns my machine off. :rolleyes:
 Derker
10-02-2004, 1:48 PM
I have the same problem with the machine rebooting upon game execution.

I have DirectX 9.0c. However, I did notice that my sound card (Soundblaster Audigy Gamer) failed the program diagnostics but I do have the latest driver for it.

Also, I do not have the latest video card (Ti4600) driver but it passed the game test.

Any suggestions on these annoying pc reboots so that I can finally start to enjoy this game?

Thanks,

derk
 mdaniel
10-02-2004, 2:20 PM
I have the same problem TI 4600 running SP1 (and don't tell me to update to sp2, it causes more problems than it fixes).

It might be something with the Ti4600's on windows XP. So much for beta testing.

Start the game, system reboots.

Hopefully they patch this soon, I feel ripped off.

My PC Stats:

Mobo: Asus P4P800 Deluxe
Proc: P4 2.4 800mhz fsb
GFX: VisionTek GF4 Ti 4800
PS: Superflower 450 watt
HDD: 2x80 g Maxtor 7200 rpm

I run Doom 3 with 50fps on 800x600 medium quality... I don't think it's a hardware problem in this case.
 mids
10-03-2004, 12:16 AM
Same here, I have

Geforce4 Ti4600 Latest drivers
Win XP SP2
Direct X 9.0C

The install goes ok (no probs), but when I click to start the game absolutely nothing happens !!

There is no crash but I'm left looking at my desktop waiting for it to start but it never does :mad:

Any ideas or do us Ti4600 owners have to wait for a patch ???
 Alegis
10-03-2004, 12:22 AM
Might be of any help

What should I do if the program is crashing upon startup while using the domestic (U.S./North American English) version of the game?

If Star Wars Battlefront is crashing when you attempt to start the game, and you are using the domestic (U.S./North American English) version of the game on a system with other regional & language settings, please try the following which should allow you to play the game:

Access the Windows Control Panel by clicking on the Windows Start Menu and choose Settings.

Double-click the Regional and Language Options Control Panel.

Change your current Regional Options to English (United States).

NOTE: After playing the game, you will need to return to the Regional and Language Options Control Panel and revert back to your original settings. You will need to set your Regional Settings to English (United States) each time before attempting to play the game while you are using the U.S./North American English version of Star Wars Battlefront.
 Delevus
10-03-2004, 4:48 AM
Hey dudes,

I have a big problem:

I just bought SW:BF installed it and wanted to start.
But then my monitor was black and my computer put down itself and restart..

I cant start SW:BF

I've got enough MHZ (1600 MHZ) and enough RAM etc, my computer is perfect for SW:BF

Already loaded the patch, doesnt help
Please help me

PS: S0rry for my bad english
 Delevus
10-03-2004, 4:54 AM
Note:
I got the german version of the game

If Star Wars Battlefront is crashing when you attempt to start the game, and you are using the domestic (U.S./North American English) version of the game on a system with other regional & language settings, please try the following which should allow you to play the game:

Access the Windows Control Panel by clicking on the Windows Start Menu and choose Settings.

Double-click the Regional and Language Options Control Panel.

Change your current Regional Options to English (United States).

NOTE: After playing the game, you will need to return to the Regional and Language Options Control Panel and revert back to your original settings. You will need to set your Regional Settings to English (United States) each time before attempting to play the game while you are using the U.S./North American English version of Star Wars Battlefront.

This doesnt help me
 Quickening315
10-11-2004, 3:55 PM
I'm having the same problem..
Hopefully this gets resolved, cause right now I'm pissed I wasted 50 dollars.
 Nero[SWE]
10-11-2004, 4:52 PM
I have the same problem, that the game close down, but only when i play online...so annoying!!!

I run Battlefront on a= P43.2ghz, 1gig DDR,R9800XT,10mbit ethernet.
directX9c and sp2

So i dont think my problem is the computer and its configuration.
All other games run perfectly online, tex, doom3, ET.

I hope this is a bug that the programmers wil fix soon. becouse i like the game.

And sorry for my bad english =)

Btw. hey iґm new here, my first post=)
Page: 1 of 1