Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dare I hope

Page: 1 of 1
 Diversion
10-02-2004, 3:00 PM
I'm a big fan of Tie-Fighter, XvT and XwA but i detest RS and SF. If JTL turns out to be a sucess dare one hope that a slightly revamped version will be released as a standalone game one day?
 Wraith 8
10-11-2004, 2:49 AM
Originally posted by Diversion
I'm a big fan of Tie-Fighter, XvT and XwA but i detest RS and SF. If JTL turns out to be a sucess dare one hope that a slightly revamped version will be released as a standalone game one day? .... normally i can read abbreviation flawlesly :) but i have NO idea what your talking about :) trie it without all the abbr. :)

SVP :p

Wraith 8
 Sounds Risky
10-11-2004, 3:41 AM
Originally posted by Diversion
I'm a big fan of Tie-Fighter, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance but i detest Rogue Squadron and Starfighter. If Jump to Lightspeed turns out to be a sucess dare one hope that a slightly revamped version will be released as a standalone game one day?

I think that's what he meant . . .

I hate abbreviations . . .
 Wraith 8
10-11-2004, 4:22 AM
aaaah now i see it :p
uhmmm well i dont know about starfighter but Rogue squadron was a ground game.... JTL isnt a ground fly game..... its space...

soooo :)
 Diversion
10-23-2004, 3:28 AM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
aaaah now i see it :p
uhmmm well i dont know about starfighter but Rogue squadron was a ground game.... JTL isnt a ground fly game..... its space...

soooo :)

That's what I meant. Rogue squadron is an Afterburner Clone(If anyone remember that old SEGA game) and Starfighter is a kids game imho.

I want a "real" Space Flight Simulator with full freedom of movement like Tie-Fighter and the X-Wing series of games. Not some dumbed down arcade version.

Sorry if I was a bit unclear in my earlier post.
 Jan Gaarni
10-23-2004, 5:39 AM
It's full free space combat. :)

There's some kind of drifting when turning though. "Sliding" as it's been called. :)

Basically, when you do a sharp turn you skid along like a car trying to do a tight turn and losing some of it's grip in the process. Don't particulary care much for it cause it's not Star Wars like, but it's playable. :)
Page: 1 of 1