Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

FATAL message in task bar?

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi_Jabiru
09-30-2004, 9:32 PM
Hi...okay here's my problem. I'm trying to play Battlefront on a windows machine, with an ATI 8500DV video card and I have lot of RAM and lots of HDD space.

When I insert CD#1 and click start game the Battlefront quicklaunch button appears in the task bar...it has the stormtrooper icon and says Battlefront beside it...right after that appears, another quicklauch button appears with a stormtrooper icon the says FATAL beside it.
After that nothing happens. If I click either of these quick launch buttons, nothing happens. If I move my mouse cursor around it disappears in the middle of the screen...as if there's something there covering it up.
The only option I have is to open my Task Manager, pick Battlefront and tell it to "end process".

Anyone know what might be happening and/or a solution?

Thanks
Ryan
 cushy
10-02-2004, 7:40 AM
I had the same problem...you just gotta look in the official help MS word file...that actually comes with the game:

Desktop Color Palette
If you experience problems running the game, we recommend that you set your desktop Color Palette or Colors to True Color (32-bit). When running Star Wars Battlefront with your desktop set to a color palette other than 32-bit, some video cards may experience problems launching the game or you may see graphic corruption. In most cases, switching to True Color (32-bit) solves these problems. To change your desktop color palette and resolution:

• Right-click on the desktop where there are not any icons.
• Choose Properties from the shortcut menu.
• Click on the Settings tab.
• Windows 98/ME/2000: Look at Colors.
• Choose True Color (32-bit).
• Windows XP: Look at Color Quality.
• Choose Highest (32-bit).
• Click OK to close this window.
• If your computer prompts you to, restart.
Page: 1 of 1