Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Multiplayer

Page: 1 of 1
 Admiral Ra
09-29-2004, 6:11 PM
Mello.

I just got Battlefront, about two days ago. And i noticed that. All servers on multiplayer lags like hell to me. Any idea's why?

I've got a 3 MBS cable connection too. And the pings for all servers are in the red.

I don't seem to have this problem for any other games. :/

Thanks. :)
 TK-8252
09-29-2004, 6:15 PM
Did you get the 1.00a patch?
 Admiral Ra
09-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Tee Kay!

Yup, i did. I got the game and patched it right after installing it.

(Where have you been? Haven't seen you on MSN for ages.)
 luck64
09-29-2004, 11:12 PM
it isnt lagging, you just need to select the server you are thinking about joining, and it will show you the correct ping in a second or so, this has already been mentioned in some other posts tho :P
 Admiral Ra
09-30-2004, 12:52 AM
Though. When i play on any server, it does lag horribly. And shows the connection interrupted icon. :/
 chrishaolin
09-30-2004, 8:24 AM
Originally posted by Admiral Ra
Though. When i play on any server, it does lag horribly. And shows the connection interrupted icon. :/

The same thing is happening to me. Last night was the first time I played MP since the new patch was released, and before that, the lag I was experiencing was bearable. But last night, I had to play SP cause the gameplay was horrible.
 TookyG
10-05-2004, 2:45 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Ra

Same happening to me. :(
 bodstevens
10-06-2004, 7:28 PM
Im getting more lag now too after the patch.
I have extreme cable and a 3 gig P4 over a gig o' RAM
With all current hardware and drivers.
I get the disconnect icon all the time too.
All other games run fast and low ping.
I have uninstalled all swbf files and registry entries.
Reinstalled in safe mode.
Then Patch
Still get lame lag
Do tracert on the servers and its ping is ok...
SP runs smooth at crazy times like Walkers blowing stuff up, nades going off, lots of NPC's running round ect.
MP browser is bad and running with ASE is a game of try to join quick.
I even in fustration put the switches in for the ASE launcher to load past that lame ass gamespy login quicker.
Why Pandemic/LA used gamespy? Lazyness..
LameSpy i gave them 20 bucks during the Q2 days to always be a member. Then they put this founders club 'n' stuff. I now have to upgrade yearly to be a true member.
Its like aol for games now. ASE better.
Waiting for a patch.
Page: 1 of 1