Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lock-ups/Can't join/Crashes/screen acting up

Page: 1 of 1
 WinterJedi
09-29-2004, 1:53 PM
Hello everyone!

I really looked forward to this game, but so far I've only become frustrated. Perhaps you guys can't help me get this thing rolling?

I have had several problems and checked these boards for solutions, but found none.

First off, my computer freezes half of the time that I start the game (Usually by the yellow gasmask logo). Sometimes it also hits me with a bluescreen and restarts.

If I get into the game from the All-seeing Eye I can never join a game, even if I know it's not full or the server is down.

Also, in the menu, the screen is kinda shuffled to the left, making about 1/8 of the screen not visible, while it's all back over at the right side.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

My Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
2.21 GHz
512 MB RAM
GeForce 6800

I have Service Pack 1 installed, but refuse to isntall Service Pack 2. I have the latest detonator drivers for my graphics card.

UPDATE: It also seems to freeze whnever I play any cutscenes. Figures.
 Ekloot
09-29-2004, 7:09 PM
WinterJedi,
You are not alone. Assuming you are using the latest driver for your geforce 6800 then you are in the same boat as myself and many others. I have a PNY geforce 6800 non-ultra 128mb card. I get graphical craziness mostly at the Pandemic Studios and Dolby Digital splash screens when trying to enter the game and it locksup half the time right there too. If you head over to the official Lucas arts forums you'll see that there are a bunch of people with the 6800 non-ultra who are having the same issues. I myself went to extensive lengths to try to make sure these issues weren't because of my system. I even pulled all the hardware out of my system except my video card, formatted my harddrive, installed windows xp with only service pack 1, and installed only the necessary drivers that I needed to run the game....then I installed the game of course. So no extra hardware or software was even in my system and the problems still persisted. I called the lucas arts support line today and they said that they were already aware of the issue with the 6800 and were working on figuring it out. They basically thanked me for all the information that I provided them and just said to sit tight and they would talk to nvidia and try to get the issues resolved as soon as they could. You should probably call or email them (or both) and provide them with all your system info including the brand and model of your geforce 6800. The more info they have...the sooner they can get the issues sorted out for us. Good luck to you.
 sneakypunk
09-29-2004, 7:38 PM
oddly enough i dl windows service pack 2 and now it works fine try it :thmbup1:
 Ekloot
09-29-2004, 8:40 PM
I already had windows xp service pack 2 on my computer and it didn't help anything...thanks for the advice though. I also tried the game with a fresh xp install and only service pack 1 and it still didn't work. Sneakypunk...you may have had a different problem than me and WinterJedi. If you don't have a geforce 6800 non-ultra then you probably had a completely different problem but I'm glad to hear yours was resolved. Hopefully we'll be as lucky as you in the near future. Thanks for the input though...it is appreciated.
 WinterJedi
09-29-2004, 9:51 PM
Ok, thanks! Checked the official forum and it does seem that many with this Geforce card have troubles. Just have to sit tight!
Page: 1 of 1