Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Battlefront crashes my PC.

Page: 1 of 1
 marty mcfly
09-28-2004, 8:23 PM
I can usually get pretty far in a map but after more than halfway done it just freezes and I can't alt-ctl-del or anything to reboot.

I updated my vid card drivers, got the latest patch, etc but thats not it..

My comp is good, Amd Thlon 2.20 gighz, 1.00 gb ram..
Geforce XT 5900 FX vid card..

What could it be?
 Rubicant007
09-28-2004, 8:35 PM
Same exact problem here and I can't figure it out. I DLed new drivers too. P4 2.0 gig, 1 meg ram, radeon 9800. My screen freezes after about 2-5 mins of play and I have to unplug the PC to get it to stop. Anyone else having this issue?
 DarthMaulUK
09-28-2004, 11:42 PM
This belongs in the tech support forums - sorry guys.

DMUK
 Iceman_IX
09-29-2004, 12:12 AM
Honestly, just sounds like your power supply isn't cutting it and SWBF is bring it out. Can you do a full runthrough of 3dMark03? What's the brand/wattage/amps on each rail (12v, 5v, 3.3v) of your PSU?

There are very few reports of crashes in-game. Do you get an infinite sound loop as well?
 JIMPY
09-29-2004, 2:36 PM
This is what is happening to me to. I can play the naboo plains map as clones vs droids just fine, but with imperial vs rebels it freezes and after a while starts a buzzing noise. It does that for every map except for the naboo plains map. Can anyone tell me why its doing that and how i can fix it?
 marty mcfly
10-02-2004, 2:17 PM
Originally posted by Iceman_IX
Honestly, just sounds like your power supply isn't cutting it and SWBF is bring it out. Can you do a full runthrough of 3dMark03? What's the brand/wattage/amps on each rail (12v, 5v, 3.3v) of your PSU?

There are very few reports of crashes in-game. Do you get an infinite sound loop as well?

Well I have a 450 watt powersupply that seems to have no issues with Doom 3 so I think thats ok..

And as far as very few reports of crashes in game, try this at the lucasarts forum that has 85 reponses in 6 pages that all discuss the same issue we are having.

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=6374&tstart=0)
 Rubicant007
10-02-2004, 2:25 PM
I fixed my issue with help from a Lucasarts tech support guy. As it turned out, my video card and my sound card were sharing the same IRQ number and apparently SWBF has issues with that. To see if you have resources that share the name IRQ number type MSINFO32 in the Run bar, click Hardware Resources, then IRQs.

With Win XP, I read online that the easiest way to change the IRQ number is to swap PCI slots. Fortunately, I have several and decided to swap the sound card. Sure enough it worked. I had to dig out my driver CD for my sound card and install them again, then DLed the new drivers.

When I loaded up SWBF again I switched the sound option from Software to Hardware. Now it works like a charm. Never crashes now. I know having to go in and change around your hardware is a pain but it worked for me in my case so I thought I'd pass on the knowledge. Good luck.
Page: 1 of 1