Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

bad grafics

Page: 1 of 1
 Graw_Fox
09-28-2004, 8:54 AM
i have a intel p4 2.4Ghz
512mb DDR ram
a nvidia fx5200 (128ddr ram)

so my question is: why can i only play properly with the grafics on the lowest? if i put them higher, it is awfull slow (less then 15fps)

is kotor that heavy and do i have to upgrade my pc again or is there something that can help my problem

thx

Graw_fox
 Darth333
09-28-2004, 9:56 AM
Please post technical questions in the Work Bench section of the forum. I am moving this thread to where it belongs.

Now to answer your question, I am no nvidia expert but don't expect to run a recent game with graphic option settings turned at max with a nvidia fx5200 video card...
 stingerhs
09-29-2004, 9:18 AM
two problems:

1. your proccessor is pretty slow. will it run kotor??? definately. will it run kotor well??? more than likely, so the problem is more than likely with

2. your video card. the FX5200 is about the slowest card on the market (except for the fossils of video cards). that, and nvidia cards have minor problems with the shaders used in kotor. the solution??? shell out $100-120 for an improved card. my recommendation would be a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro. good reliability and solid performance that will last you another year or possibly two.

hope that helps!!! :D
Page: 1 of 1